New NHL On VERSUS Promo

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
not bad, could have chosen less cliche music, but that's OLN for you.
I have no problem with the music. I like the promo overall, mostly because they thankfully used actual players in real highlights, instead of some ridiculous warrior story or a bunch of actors in generic uniforms in some dimly-lit rink.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have no problem with the music. I like the promo overall, mostly because they thankfully used actual players in real highlights, instead of some ridiculous warrior story or a bunch of actors in generic uniforms in some dimly-lit rink.

"MY NHL" never included Johnny Cage

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006

Actual NHL highlights in a promo? Is this a first?

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
No, the NHL on Fox had plenty of clips with real players and highlights. I remember ABC doing some with Roenick too, it's not like they never did anything like that before.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Johnny Cage was an actor, that's as far as I got.

As for the promo, I like it a lot. The quick cuts really make the game seem a lot faster opposed to most commercials which make it seem slower.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
FOX's commercials were funny too. That was good commercial though. Better than the myStanley Cup One's

Finest

Puck Fittsburg
May 15, 2006
Long Island
The music was a little cliche, but its used by alot of other sports as well so I guess if its not broke....etc. Overall it got me pumped for next season, but if I look at a hockey stick during the off season, i'm ready to go for next season. Cant WAIT :banghead:

neophool*

it's Beethoven's 9th - it's a masterpiece and I for one LOVE the Promo. The VS logo doesn't even look that bad...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't believe people don't know who Johnny Cage is. Mortal Combat anyone?

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
1) I wouldn't consider "Ode to Joy" cliche (i.e. the piece from Beethoven's 9th in the commercial). I think using Standard Hard Rock Score #6 might have been a cliche.
2) Johnny Cage is an obscure reference.

NYYmt62

Aug 26, 2005
Islander Country
Thought it was pretty good. Nice to see OLN/Versus putting a lot of effort into the hockey. I am very happy to see they are changing the name of the network, I think things are looking up for the NHL and Versus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->