New NHL Historical site

EastCoastFlamesFan

Jul 13, 2016
Yeah, it is definitely a start. I'm just laughing that it has taken this long to surface. Also, did I miss it, or are there no PIM records accounted for? Also, something about the NHL site is off to me. It's sort of...clunky? Hard to describe, but a good example is that I hate looking at the old box scores, as the template is just brutal. Would love to see something similar to how hockeyreference.com does it--still I applaud them for adding all of those, as it is a great resource--just needs some finessing.

member 83027

The 1st Guide put out by Ken McKenzie was 1947-48 called National Hockey League Press and Radio Guide. That is thee same year The Hockey News started.

In 1946-47 the Guide as put out by James Hendy still called National Hockey Annual (was the 15th edition).

Maybe one day they will make them all available online. They know where to get them in PDF form. ;)

There are some factual errors. I know they have the Captains for the St Louis Blues incorrect. Since the list does not match what the Blues have I assume the league and teams don;t combine their efforts which seems a little strange. Of course the list the Blues have in their media guide is wrong as well and different from what the Blues have on their own website.

Overall for the short time I have had a chance to look at the site seems pretty good.

4.jpg

Reactions: Killion

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, it is definitely a start. I'm just laughing that it has taken this long to surface. Also, did I miss it, or are there no PIM records accounted for? Also, something about the NHL site is off to me. It's sort of...clunky? Hard to describe, but a good example is that I hate looking at the old box scores, as the template is just brutal. Would love to see something similar to how hockeyreference.com does it--still I applaud them for adding all of those, as it is a great resource--just needs some finessing.

Where are the box scores on NHL Records? I can't find them.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
The 1st Guide put out by Ken McKenzie was 1947-48 called National Hockey League Press and Radio Guide. That is thee same year The Hockey News started.

In 1946-47 the Guide as put out by James Hendy still called National Hockey Annual (was the 15th edition).

Maybe one day they will make them all available online. They know where to get them in PDF form. ;)

There are some factual errors. I know they have the Captains for the St Louis Blues incorrect. Since the list does not match what the Blues have I assume the league and teams don;t combine their efforts which seems a little strange. Of course the list the Blues have in their media guide is wrong as well and different from what the Blues have on their own website.

Overall for the short time I have had a chance to look at the site seems pretty good.

View attachment 140679

Where can I find those PDF's for the old NHL Guides?

EastCoastFlamesFan

Jul 13, 2016

Yep. Again, am I the only one who can't stand the format of these? It's a shame because Hockey Reference had the box scores up for about a week until taking them all down (they still have them through the 87-88 season, which is an awesome resource! Oh well, I can't complain too much as it has been a long time coming for old NHL game logs and box scores.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->