New McKeen's top 165

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
OilerOlli said:
What's with Gawlik, Marcel Müller, Felix Schütz?
Frolik only 14th? :shakehead Would be a steal
Schutz, Braun, and Ostwald (who I like) made the list.

OilerOlli*

Seachd said:
Schutz, Braun, and Ostwald (who I like) made the list.

Thats good, but the 2 best german prospects this year available are Christoph Gawlik and Marcel Müller.
It was a mistake by all teams not to pick Gawlik last year!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
OilerOlli said:
Thats good, but the 2 best german prospects this year available are Christoph Gawlik and Marcel Müller.
It was a mistake by all teams not to pick Gawlik last year!
I disagree, since he was injured. With the new CBA, teams probably won't want to spend one of those years watching a guy recover. Chances are certainly better that he'll get picked this year.

OilerOlli*

Seachd said:
I disagree, since he was injured. With the new CBA, teams probably won't want to spend one of those years watching a guy recover. Chances are certainly better that he'll get picked this year.

I would be really surprised if Gawlik will not be chosen this year.
He played similar to Gogulla(2nd round pick last year!)

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Steadfast said:

I love Brad Marchand. I've been keeping an eye on him since last season and he's been impressing me quite a bit. I didn't realize he had climbed up that much, but great for him, he's a great little player. I'd love to see the Habs pick him up.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
boredmale said:
how can 51 points in 39 games in his first year be "below expectations". IP

Because everyone thought he was going to score 100pts like Kariya or rip it up like Crosby did in junior. Kessel has been overhyped because the USA people want a superstar!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Steadfast said:
McKeen's has their final rankings up. Here is the free top 15 from their site:

1 - Erik Johnson D
2 - Nicklas Backstrom C
3 - Jordan Staal C
4 - Phil Kessel C
5 - Jonathan Toews C
6 - Derick Brassard C
7 - Kyle Okposo RW
8 - Peter Mueller C
9 - Bryan Little C
10 - Jiri Tlusty LW
11 - Ty Wishart D
12 - James Sheppard C
13 - Riku Helenius G
14 - Michael Frolik RW
15 - Chris Stewart RW

Guaranteed Pittsburgh does not take Backstrom at #2!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
HabLover said:
Because everyone thought he was going to score 100pts like Kariya or rip it up like Crosby did in junior. Kessel has been overhyped because the USA people want a superstar!

100 points in college hockey? :eek:

I don't know much about college hockey, but I think 100 pints in college is pretty hard to do.

I doubt people thought he'd get 100 points.

turnbuckle*

I must say that i'm a little surprised that Wishart went up several spots and Sanguinetti dropped several spots from McKeen's last ranking. Since then, wishart had a poor showing at the Under 18s while Sanguinetti had a strong playoff showing for Owen Sound. If anything, I would have expected the opposite, Wishart dropping a few spots and Sangy solidifying his ranking.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
HabLover said:
Guaranteed Pittsburgh does not take Backstrom at #2!

I wouldn't go that far. Toews and Backstrom both demonstrate all of the qualities in a forward that the Pens should be looking at to compliment Crosby or Malkin.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
I wouldn't go that far. Toews and Backstrom both demonstrate all of the qualities in a forward that the Pens should be looking at to compliment Crosby or Malkin.

Crosby = Gretzky
Toews = Messier(that is if the Penguins select Toews, and I think they should grab Johnson if it works in their favour)

Transported Upstater

HabLover said:

100 points in college hockey...

No one with have a brain cell of knowledge about the NCAA thought Kessel would threaten triple digits in points. That's preposterous.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TransportedUpstater said:
100 points in college hockey...

No one with have a brain cell of knowledge about the NCAA thought Kessel would threaten triple digits in points. That's preposterous.

No one has accused HabLover of having much insight into college hockey. Bottomline with Kessel is he WAS subjected to unrealistic expectations (me included) and while he had a great year didn't live up to those expectations. That doesn't mean he isn't a great prospect, because he is. He's just been in the fishbowl for too long. At least he's handling all of this speculation about his game and character with dignity.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Weird I have Wishart as my 4th defencemen.

I prefer Sangui and Williams.

I am very confident Pittsburgh list read like this:

1) EJ
2) Toews
3) Backstrom(you never know they might draft down)

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
Patrick Berglund and Jamie McBain are in the top 26.Cory Emmerton fell off the map

berglund didn't even make the top 100 in any of their rankings previously this year. did they just forget about him in the past or are we really supposed to believe that he jumped from outside the top 100 to 26 in 1 month?? the #26 ranking is a lot more similar to other people's rankings of him but thats an awfully big jump and a jump like that really makes me worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad