New McKeen's top 100 is out: Kessel still on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Here's the top 15 from McKeen's... interesting list.

1 - Phil Kessel
2 - Erik Johnson
3 - Jordan Staal
4 - Nicklas Backstrom
5 - Jonathan Toews
6 - Peter Mueller
7 - Michael Frolik
8 - Kyle Okposo
9 - Derick Brassard
10 - Bob Sanguinetti
11 - Nigel Williams
12 - Brian Little
13 - James Sheppard
14 - Michael Forney
15 - Chris Stewart

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Spetzky said:
Shocks me that Little is 12th. I can see him going 5th or 6th.

Shocked that Taves has fallen that far and that Backstroms stock went up that much.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I would've thought that Mueller's poor WJC & Top prospects game poor performances would have exposed his weaknesses to the scouts... guess not

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
King'sPawn said:
Here's the top 15 from McKeen's... interesting list.

1 - Phil Kessel
2 - Erik Johnson
3 - Jordan Staal
4 - Nicklas Backstrom
5 - Jonathan Toews
6 - Peter Mueller
7 - Michael Frolik
8 - Kyle Okposo
9 - Derick Brassard
10 - Bob Sanguinetti
11 - Nigel Williams
12 - Brian Little
13 - James Sheppard
14 - Michael Forney
15 - Chris Stewart

Weird list, but the more i look at it the more it makes sense.

Little could go anyway, i think right now he may being the guy who drops alot like Schremp did.
Frolik is way to low, i know his WJ wasnt great but Toews ahead of him? That IMO is wrong and Frolik will turn out the better player easily.
Highest ive seen Forney for abit, and im suprised Stewart is top 15. He just doesnt seem to have that elite ability.

OilerOlli*

Once again the europans (except of Bäckström) are underrated. Joensuu, Vasyunov, Tlusty should have been in the top 15 for sure. But i hope one of these are available when Edmonton have their choice and they take one of them. Knows someone where are these 3 ranks and if there a german in the top 100? Think of Felix Schütz at first.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
OilerOlli said:
Once again the europans (except of Bäckström) are underrated. Joensuu, Vasyunov, Tlusty should have been in the top 15 for sure. But i hope one of these are available when Edmonton have their choice and they take one of them. Knows someone where are these 3 ranks and if there a german in the top 100? Think of Felix Schütz at first.

2 of the 3 you mentioned are top 25.

Shutz is the only German in the top 100.

OilerOlli*

King'sPawn said:
2 of the 3 you mentioned are top 25.

Shutz is the only German in the top 100.

I guess then its Joensuu who is not in the top 25.
Only Schütz in the top 100, ok, probably between 80-100. I thought Marcel Mueller would perhaps also ibe n the top 100...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
helicecopter said:
Actually it's the first ranking i see that somehow shares my feelings..with Kessel still at #1, Backstrom in the top 5.. only, i would have kept Frolik ahead of Toews and Mueller.

I agree, im suprised at how far Frolik has fallen but also pretty excited. The way the Panthers are playing, he could fall to our range (5-10). Its hard to believe he will fall that far with his talent but its possible.
Toews has been way overhyped, and whoever picks him up early will be disappointed in the long run IMO.

Sammy*

Jon Prescription said:
Why? He was never that good to begin with. He's played OK in college, but nothing special of spectacular.
Well , actually he has supposedly played quite well.
And he has only one less goal than the golden child, despite not getting near the quality ice time.
Thats not bad.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Yeah but Kessel has 14 more assists.

Any who. Towes warrents the hype he is getting. He is 17 in the first place. He is a tall, lanky kid right now as well. He will fill out. He has shown me the ability to make plays, and my only question was if he can bury the biscuit. Well in person i saw him bury one. He has that knowledge that a center needs. High hockey IQ. 3-5 is where i would put him.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
MN_Gopher said:

Any who. Towes warrents the hype he is getting. He is 17 in the first place. He is a tall, lanky kid right now as well. He will fill out. He has shown me the ability to make plays, and my only question was if he can bury the biscuit. Well in person i saw him bury one. He has that knowledge that a center needs. High hockey IQ. 3-5 is where i would put him.

Yeah but hockey upsides? Kessel, Johnson, Backstrom, Staal, Frolik, Mueller to me have higher upsides.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
MN_Gopher said:

Kessel has scored 3 goals even strength all season the rest are on minnys glorified powerplay to me 3 goals even stength is not that good. Bury the biscuit funny :biglaugh: Last night Towes made the tender look like a fool in the 2nd peroid. Although your right in the first half of the season he hit about a dozen pipes. Kessel might not win WCHA ROTY this year.

Vic Rattlehead*

J17ster said:
Yeah but hockey upsides? Kessel, Johnson, Backstrom, Staal, Frolik, Mueller to me have higher upsides.

True, but Toews is a much safer bet to reach his upside than those prospects. He also has an excellent two-way game.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
19bruins19 said:
True, but Toews is a much safer bet to reach his upside than those prospects. He also has an excellent two-way game.

Who does Toews compare to? Stefan lol!

Its been a crazy draft year so far, Frolik, Johnson and Toews have all been ranked above or right behind Kessel this tear. Backstrom seems to be the riser right now, alot of players stock keeps changing.

J17ster said:

I think you're underrating Toews' upside. He's been the leading scorer at both international tournaments he's played with his age group. I think the World Under-18's will be key for him if he's available, as it will probably be the best indicator of his scoring upside.

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
Toews strikes me as an incredibly solid hockey player. Not an outstanding offensive talent, but extremely solid. Of course, people said that about Eric Staal when he was drafted as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->