New McKeen's out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Golbez said:
They are awfully low on Andrej Meszaros (one of two draft elig players at the WC). Any idea why?
:dunno:

We all saw him at the WJC where I thought he was the best of the 2004 eligible defensemen- but I believe that Robert Neuhauser, who covers that area for McKeen's, (Robert, if you are on this MB- you can confirm or deny this) thinks he's still too raw, and tries to do too much sometimes (i.e., inadvisable offensive forays) but, personally, I see a lot of Cam Barker there. I like to see young DFmen who play positively and take risks.

P.S. McKeen's has a message board. You could ask there.

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
steblick said:
We all saw him at the WJC where I thought he was the best of the 2004 eligible defensemen- but I believe that Robert Neuhauser, who covers that area for McKeen's, (Robert, if you are on this MB- you can confirm or deny this) thinks he's still too raw, and tries to do too much sometimes (i.e., inadvisable offensive forays) but, personally, I see a lot of Cam Barker there. I like to see young DFmen who play positively and take risks.

Technically you could say Lepistö was the best draft eligible player in the tournament, so then 2004 eligible must mean just players who are first time eligible this year. THere wasn't too many 2004 eligible d-man in the WJC, Meszaros and Smid were the big names.

Anyway, Meszaros isn't the perfect player on defense, and he isn't too strong either, despite solid frame. I guess he must have been able to work on those issues as he even played at the IHWC. Obviously the late-85 birthdate helps on that. I don't know where he should be ranked, I guess it depends if teams think there is room for Lintner-type dman in NHL.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
MaV said:
Technically you could say Lepistö was the best draft eligible player in the tournament, so then 2004 eligible must mean just players who are first time eligible this year. THere wasn't too many 2004 eligible d-man in the WJC, Meszaros and Smid were the big names.

Anyway, Meszaros isn't the perfect player on defense, and he isn't too strong either, despite solid frame. I guess he must have been able to work on those issues as he even played at the IHWC. Obviously the late-85 birthdate helps on that. I don't know where he should be ranked, I guess it depends if teams think there is room for Lintner-type dman in NHL.

As a prospect, I preferred him to Lepisto- even though Lepisto was the more dominant DF at the tournament. Meszaros can be sloppy defensively but I like his raw skills, creativity and willingness to try something different. I think the occasional miscues can be corrected through better coaching- I don't think his hockey sense is really too bad. I'd like to see him throw his weight around more too- he seems capable of it but that doesn't seem to be his game.

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
can anyone post the mckeen results? or more speicfically, where exactly is montoya, schwarz & schremp placed?
Actually the link Draftman posted is the McKeen's rankings as my detective skills deduced from the big bold red letters saying "2004 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - McKEEN'S TOP 15 RANKINGS" followed by the McKeen's Hockey.com logo

to save the expense of a click(for our 56k friends)-
1 Alexander Ovechkin RW Dynamo Moscow (Rus) 6-2/200 Russia
2 Evgeni Malkin C Magnitogorsk (Rus) 6-3/205 Russia
3 Cam Barker D Medicine Hat (WHL) 6-3/210 Canada
4 Rostislav Olesz C Vitkovice (Cze) 6-1/200 Czech
5 Andrew Ladd LW Calgary (WHL) 6-2/210 Canada
6 Marek Schwarz G Sparta Praha (Cze) 6-0/175 Czech
7 Lauri Tukonen RW Espoo Blues (Fin) 6-2/200 Finland
8 A.J. Thelen D Michigan State (CCHA) 6-3/210 USA
9 Alexander Radulov RW Tver (Rus 2) 6-1/175 Russia
10 Alvaro Montoya G Michigan (CCHA) 6-2/190 USA
11 Alexandre Picard LW Lewiston (QMJHL) 6-2/190 Canada
12 Drew Stafford C North Dakota (WCHA) 6-2/200 USA
13 Rob Schremp C London (OHL) 5-11/200 USA
14 Wojtek Wolski LW Brampton (OHL) 6-3/200 Canada
15 Kyle Chipchura C Prince Albert (WHL) 6-2/200 Canada

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
FacelessButcher said:
Actually the link Draftman posted is the McKeen's rankings as my detective skills deduced from the big bold red letters saying "2004 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - McKEEN'S TOP 15 RANKINGS"

Wow impressive! I've got a case for you, find out who killed Jimmy Hoffa ;)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Schneider is 21
Dubnyk is 27
Shantz is 40
Brown is 44
Peters is 49
Ellis is 57

There are no other goalies in the top 100.

For other rating questions, get a subscription - it's cheap.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
FacelessButcher said:
Actually the link Draftman posted is the McKeen's rankings as my detective skills deduced from the big bold red letters saying "2004 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - McKEEN'S TOP 15 RANKINGS" followed by the McKeen's Hockey.com logo

aw whoops, i didn't know that was mckeen's.

:banghead:

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Schneider is 21
Dubnyk is 27
Shantz is 40
Brown is 44
Peters is 49
Ellis is 57

There are no other goalies in the top 100.

For other rating questions, get a subscription - it's cheap.

is it really worth it?

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
aw whoops, i didn't know that was mckeen's.

:banghead:

is it really worth it?

I had a subscription and let it lapse. I don't think it's worth it at all. They don't update their stuff enough to make it worthwhile. I guess it depends on how into the draft you are. There are many months of the year you pay for and get very little value. Just a former customer's opinion

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
I don't want to start a discussion regarding McKeen's - but they have some good information. Subscribe, if you don't like it, cancel your subscription. It's not that hard. So you lose the same amount of money you would spend on a lunch.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
Soyuz said:
I don't want to start a discussion regarding McKeen's - but they have some good information. Subscribe, if you don't like it, cancel your subscription. It's not that hard. So you lose the same amount of money you would spend on a lunch.

I have it and to me its worth the $5 bucks a month I spend.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
FacelessButcher said:
1 Alexander Ovechkin RW Dynamo Moscow (Rus) 6-2/200 Russia
2 Evgeni Malkin C Magnitogorsk (Rus) 6-3/205 Russia
3 Cam Barker D Medicine Hat (WHL) 6-3/210 Canada
4 Rostislav Olesz C Vitkovice (Cze) 6-1/200 Czech

Did AO lose 10 pounds and Malkin gain about 25? CSB has Malkin at around 180 last I checked and looked awful thin in the vids I've seen of him, but if he's really around 200 now that should really help him make PIT next year. I also thought Olesz was abit bigger than that.

As for Barker at 3, I've just seen way too many posts from people who've seen him play that say he's really not that good to feel very good if my team was pickin him that high.

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Is the May 23 interview with Malkin worth the price of the subscription? . . . of just a few lines?

The Malkin interview is much longer then a few lines ... if that is what you're talking about? This just seems like senseless bashing to me that is not based in fact. Sorry if I have misunderstood your point, but the interview is in fact quite interesting and extensive, and written by a very informed observer of Russian Hockey.

Doug Evinou
McKeen's Hockey Staff
(covering the OHL)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doug Evinou said:
The Malkin interview is much longer then a few lines ... if that is what you're talking about? This just seems like senseless bashing to me that is not based in fact. Sorry if I have misunderstood your point, but the interview is in fact quite interesting and extensive, and written by a very informed observer of Russian Hockey.

Doug Evinou
McKeen's Hockey Staff
(covering the OHL)

It was a typo . . . I was asking if the interview was only a few lines . . .'or' instead of 'of' . . . I have seen some with Malkin that were very short and did not say much. Thank you for wading through my typos, and no was not a slam at McKeens at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad