New line: Bournival-Briere-Bourque

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Briere played wings with Desharnais before his concussions.....and no winger who played with DD this year have been able to do anything. Briere isn't any different than Bourque, Patch or Bournival

Actually he is, only DD has been worse than him.

You're kidding yourself if you think Brière is on par with Bournival, Pacioretty and Bourque this season.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
About time they move Briere out of the RW.

1 speedy winger (Bournival) and a sniper (Bourque) should work well. Make sure they stay together at least 10 games tho.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Boomin' Bournival, Baby Brière and Bourque The Brave!

You know 'em as the KILLA BEESSSSSS.

Now if only it could work... It may, I mean I like the idea, you got a bit of everything on that line. Brière can feed Bournival & Bourque and they'll take care of the rest.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Ive always thought briere looked best at center. I'd like to see this for a few games to see if danny has anything left to offer at all. He needs to look no further than ray Whitney to see that it can work for an undersized center who is aging.

From what I've seen, briere needs to focus on his positioning and be a distributor of the puck at this stage of his career.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
So:

Pacioretty - Pleks - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Brière - Bourque
Moen - White - Dumont/Parros/DD

When everyone is back and DD traded/waived:

Pacioretty - Pleks - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Brière - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust/Parros

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Murray/Bouillon - Diaz

Price
Budaj

Not bad

Prust deserves to not be on the 4th. My hope is when he returns Galchenyuk can be moved to center.

My hope one day soon:
MaxPac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bournival-Plek-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Prust

2nd line and 3rd line can be 2a and 2b for those who care.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Man this is pissing me off...whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it? The kids hot point streak ended when he broke up that line. Now Plekanec has been pointless since taking Bournival off his line. Patches and Plex have no chemistry together. MT isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
At the beginning of the year because of injuries and because I don`t want DD in line up:
patches-pleks-prust
egg line
bourque- briere- bournival

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Man this is pissing me off...whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it? The kids hot point streak ended when he broke up that line. Now Plekanec has been pointless since taking Bournival off his line. Patches and Plex have no chemistry together. MT isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

How about putting Bournival back with Pleks and Gio and trying Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque? Briere between 2 big wingers might work well. Worth a shot maybe? :dunno:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

The only reason I think this line could be dangerous on a consistent basis is because of Bournival.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
How about putting Bournival back with Pleks and Gio and trying Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque? Briere between 2 big wingers might work well. Worth a shot maybe? :dunno:
I hear what you're saying, and t is worth a shot for sure, but it's not practical to put arguably your best forward (Patches) on your so-called "third line." You could argue that it's also worth a shot to try these lines out and see if they work, and if they don't just adjust that way.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I agree with you. Bournival was brilliant with Pleks.

I dont think that Therrien believes in chemistry.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Bournival-Pleks-Gio has proven to be a dynamite line.
EGG - eggs are good source of protein which is good for building muscle. This is the muscle of the team haha
Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque - Having our best winger(2nd best?) on the 3rd line facing 3rd line opposition is an amazing luxury to have plus Briere finally playing his natural position. Has the potential to be the deadliest 3rd line in the league?
When Prust comes back, Moen-White-Prust is an amazing fourth line. When everybody is healthy this lineup has a lot of punch. Seems most logical to me with the way everyone is playing and would be a lot of fun to watch!

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
EGG
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
Bournival-Briere-Gionta

I would prefer this. Bourque is useless on the left side. But might be a 30 goal scorer if he can use his onetimer on right wing. Also, we saw what two guys with size did for DD. Imagine Pleks finally had some help?

We did the same thing to Koivu every year. He had to fight for his own puck every shift, cycling down low. Stupid.

We need to find a second line. The leftovers can go to the third line. Let Gionta, Deshnarnais and Briere fight for spots on the third line. One or two of them (or maybe all three along with Diaz) should be traded anyway.

Depends what line matching the team uses with Emelin and Briere back in the lineup. If they go back to the power-vs-power Pleks vs the other team's top lines, then he'll have Gionta on his wing and maybe Bourque on the left.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He did keep Pacioretty - Desharnais for about 50 games.

Maybe I should clarify and say that he does not believe Pleks should have a winger that works well with him.:sarcasm:

He did the same to Pleks last season with Ryder.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
EGG
Bournival-Briere-Gionta

I would prefer this. Bourque is useless on the left side. But might be a 30 goal scorer if he can use his onetimer on right wing. Also, we saw what two guys with size did for DD. Imagine Pleks finally had some help?

We did the same thing to Koivu every year. He had to fight for his own puck every shift, cycling down low. Stupid.

We need to find a second line. The leftovers can go to the third line. Let Gionta, Deshnarnais and Briere fight for spots on the third line. One or two of them (or maybe all three along with Diaz) should be traded anyway.

NO!!!!!!!!

Bourque is kryptonite to Pleks. They are oil and water. Never had any chemistry and never will.

Bourque will be the perfect complement to Moen/White/Parros on the 4th line when Prust gets back.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
NO!!!!!!!!

Bourque is kryptonite to Pleks. They are oil and water. Never had any chemistry and never will.

Bourque will be the perfect complement to Moen/White/Parros on the 4th line when Prust gets back.

Bourque scored 27 goals twice playing right wing... If not with Pleks, then he should at least be on the third line on the right side. This guy is a goalscorer, not a grinder.

The midgets need to go. We have enough third line guys to put together a trade at this point. Then sign Gagne.

Gionta, Diaz, Desharnais, Bouillon and Briere to the Moon for a third liner and a third pairing dman. The Kings have spare Dmen. None of those guys would make LA's roster though.

EGG
Gagne-Bournival-Prust
Moen-White-Parros

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-PK
Tinordi-?
Murray

Last edited:

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Bourque scored 27 goals twice playing right wing... If not with Pleks, then he should at least be on the third line on the right side. This guy is a goalscorer, not a grinder.

The midgets need to go. We have enough third line guys to put together a trade at this point. Then sign Gagne.

Gionta, Diaz, Desharnais, Bouillon and Briere to the Moon for a third liner and a third pairing dman. The Kings have spare Dmen. None of those guys would make LA's roster though.

EGG
Gagne-Bournival-Prust
Moen-White-Parros

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-PK
Tinordi-?
Murray

Boy, if people think Briere's washed up...Gagne's done like yesterday's dinner. Terrible idea.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Brière or Desharnais... 1 dollar vs 4x 25 cents it wont change anything, its the same type of player; too small, not strong enough, struggling, plus he's at the end of his career.

Will be interesting to see him play at center though but... That's not with players like that we will be a contender one day imo.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Boy, if people think Briere's washed up...Gagne's done like yesterday's dinner. Terrible idea.

He was better than Briere last year.

When push comes to shove playoff time, it's guys like Bourque who are going to make the difference with their size. Not these little guys. What is the last small player you remember dominating the playoffs?

These regular season line combos mean nothing.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
NO!!!!!!!!

Yikes, "out to lunch" does not sufficiently describe this. Do you even remember Bourque playing with Pleks? Bourque was put on the 3rd line to baby sit DoubleDDip****, he can easily go right back to the top line and contribute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad