New law suit

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
A case like this is especially tough for fans to judge, because all we know is what people say. We aren't in the rooms or hanging out with the team away from the rink. from what we hear, it sounds like junior hockey culture as a whole needs to be burned to the ground and started from scratch. but how do you do that? It seems like there's no way of not having "superiority" when there are 20 year olds and NHL draft picks on a team with some kids who can't even drive themselves to the rink.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
A case like this is especially tough for fans to judge, because all we know is what people say. We aren't in the rooms or hanging out with the team away from the rink. from what we hear, it sounds like junior hockey culture as a whole needs to be burned to the ground and started from scratch. but how do you do that? It seems like there's no way of not having "superiority" when there are 20 year olds and NHL draft picks on a team with some kids who can't even drive themselves to the rink.

There is a major difference between some partying and some minor pranks or minor “hazing” of some players. When it gets to the level of what is being talked about in Kitchener with Guest or Sarnia.... it’s inexcusable. It’s up to the league to take a significant stand and individual teams to stop having their foot up their a** and not allow it. You want to treat players like that, you are out of the league. That simple. I don’t care if you are Connor McDavid or Joe Freaking Schmo

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
There is a major difference between some partying and some minor pranks or minor “hazing” of some players. When it gets to the level of what is being talked about in Kitchener with Guest or Sarnia.... it’s inexcusable. It’s up to the league to take a significant stand and individual teams to stop having their foot up their a** and not allow it. You want to treat players like that, you are out of the league. That simple. I don’t care if you are Connor McDavid or Joe Freaking Schmo
Absolutely. I don't think there's anything wrong with a minor prank as long as no one is harmed or uncomfortable. But I think it's very possible that the minor pranks are what leave some people wanting more and eventually testing the limits of what they can get away with. I think the league has to go all-in if they really want to see results. Zero tolerance at the rink or away from it. Might sound like no fun but some people have ruined it for the guys who do keep it respectful to their teammate's health and well-being

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
We here in the OHL don't tolerate hazing and bullying, so as a result the Windsor Spitfires management will be suspended and ownership will be forced to sell the club to ensure the safety of our biggest resource, the players. Oh wait, you mean it happened in Kitchener, Mississauga and Sarnia? Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
We here in the OHL don't tolerate hazing and bullying, so as a result the Windsor Spitfires management will be suspended and ownership will be forced to sell the club to ensure the safety of our biggest resource, the players. Oh wait, you mean it happened in Kitchener, Mississauga and Sarnia? Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Take no responsibility for your actions and blame your failures on the system, attaboy!

Reactions: rangersblues

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Take no responsibility for your actions and blame your failures on the system, attaboy!
How is complaining that others will not be held to the same standard as the Spitfires were held failing to take responsibility for my actions? I didn't haze anybody, and I didn't say the Spitfires were innocent of hazing or deserved no punishment, so I guess you'll have to do a bit better with your sad attempt at a zinger. If it didn't work the first time, try again. It's like me trying to zing you for your role in the holocaust, its not based on anything you actually did or said.

Last edited:

Otto

How is complaining that others will not be held to the same standard as the Spitfires were held failing to take responsibility for my actions? I didn't haze anybody, and I didn't say the Spitfires were innocent of hazing, so I guess you'll have to do a bit better with your sad attempt at a zinger. It would be like me trying to zing you for your role in the holocaust.

It's simple... you say in one breath take responsibility for your actions... then you blame Dave Branch for the Spitfires issues... perhaps you would have a valid complaint if you actually waited until the investigation/law suit were over.. but keeping in mind in regards to the Carcillo situation there is nobody left in Sarnia from when he was there.. so I wouldn't expect any sanctions against them at all.

The Kitchener situation has just been brought to light... and you have already decided that nothing will happen...

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
It's simple... you say in one breath take responsibility for your actions... then you blame Dave Branch for the Spitfires issues... perhaps you would have a valid complaint if you actually waited until the investigation/law suit were over.. but keeping in mind in regards to the Carcillo situation there is nobody left in Sarnia from when he was there.. so I wouldn't expect any sanctions against them at all.

The Kitchener situation has just been brought to light... and you have already decided that nothing will happen...
Show me where I blamed Branch for the Spitfires issues, because I'm certain I did not. I said that Branch would not punish any of these franchises to the extent he punished the Spitfires when it happened here, and I'm certain that is true. Feel free to disagree with that if you like, but I'm confident that time will surely prove me correct on that regard. Its already being portrayed in Kitchener as if management had all of the right protections in place however Guest chose not take advantage of the open door policy, that's a stark contrast to what happened in Windsor when the coach and GM were immediately suspended pending investigation.

I know you're just trying to antagonize me, that's why you're bringing something I said in another thread up here. You made your point (twice) and its a poor one. If you want to discuss how I see this situation further I'm more than happy to engage you but lets not make this about spinning my words to fit your narrative so that your little joke makes more sense.

Otto

Show me where I blamed Branch for the Spitfires issues, because I'm certain I did not. I said that Branch would not punish any of these franchises to the extent he punished the Spitfires when it happened here, and I'm certain that is true. Feel free to disagree with that if you like, but I'm confident that time will surely prove me correct on that regard. Its already being portrayed in Kitchener as if management had all of the right protections in place however Guest chose not take advantage of the open door policy, that's a stark contrast to what happened in Windsor when the coach and GM were immediately suspended pending investigation.

I know you're just trying to antagonize me, that's why you're bringing something I said in another thread up here. You made your point (twice) and its a poor one. If you want to discuss how I see this situation further I'm more than happy to engage you but lets not make this about spinning my words to fit your narrative so that your little joke makes more sense.

Top of page 20... Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Reactions: rangersblues

Otto

I read that, and nowhere do I say that Branch is at fault for the Windsor hazing incident. Keep trying though, what's the matter, forgot how to quote stuff?
Nor did I say you said he was responsible for the incident... you are however blaming Branch for the punishment given to the Spitfires by indicating he has some sort of hate for them instead of just accepting the fact that they broke the rules

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Nor did I say you said he was responsible for the incident... you are however blaming Branch for the punishment given to the Spitfires by indicating he has some sort of hate for them instead of just accepting the fact that they broke the rules
Show me where I blame Branch for the punishment. Show me where I don't accept that Windsor broke the rules. You can't because you are making up facts. I gave you a chance to quote me multiple times and you don't. I simply implied that Branch won't punish these teams the same way he punished the Spitfiers. He already has taken a different approach which lends at least some credibility to my statement. You can pretend to read something else for the sake of a lame joke if you want. I'm not going to tell you how to entertain yourself during a pandemic, have fun.

Otto

Show me where I blame Branch for the punishment. Show me where I don't accept that Windsor broke the rules. You can't because you are making up facts. I gave you a chance to quote me multiple times and you don't. I simply implied that Branch won't punish these teams the same way he punished the Spitfiers. He already has taken a different approach which lends at least some credibility to my statement. You can pretend to read something else for the sake of a lame joke if you want. I'm not going to tell you how to entertain yourself during a pandemic, have fun.

My goodness man... your first sentence in the post "It didn't happen in Windsor so I guess nothing will come of this".... c'mon... be better... you even mention it here... He won't punish any other team more than he punished the Spitfires.... ohhh poor Windsor....

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
What exactly is carcillo hoping to gain from this lawsuit? If these allegations are true, they occurred many years ago, who is he hoping to see punished? The OHL is just going to say that it doesn’t happen in this day and age.

Otto

What exactly is carcillo hoping to gain from this lawsuit? If these allegations are true, they occurred many years ago, who is he hoping to see punished? The OHL is just going to say that it doesn’t happen in this day and age.

The great unknown is how many others are involved in the class action and in what seasons did they play? I think part of what he wants is to ensure it's not still happening now and if it is there needs to be something in place so the players feel safe to report it. We have seen what came out about Kitchener this week and that's only a few years old. It may not be as widespread as it once was , but it appears the culture is still out there.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
The great unknown is how many others are involved in the class action and in what seasons did they play? I think part of what he wants is to ensure it's not still happening now and if it is there needs to be something in place so the players feel safe to report it. We have seen what came out about Kitchener this week and that's only a few years old. It may not be as widespread as it once was , but it appears the culture is still out there.
Can the league be blamed for the actions of a small group of players outside of the rink? Especially if it wasn’t reported to anyone? I get the need for players to feel safe to speak out if they feel uncomfortable, but I also feel like expecting teenagers to always make mature decisions might be asking a lot.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Can the league be blamed for the actions of a small group of players outside of the rink? Especially if it wasn’t reported to anyone? I get the need for players to feel safe to speak out if they feel uncomfortable, but I also feel like expecting teenagers to always make mature decisions might be asking a lot.

but that’s the standard you should be held to when playing in the CHL. you aren’t just “another teenager”. with the privilege of playing such high level hockey comes a responsibility to represent yourself and your team both at the rink and away from it. if you can’t do that, you shouldn’t be in the league and the next level shouldn’t even be a thought.

some of the decisions being made by “leaders” and future pros aren’t just immature, they’re criminal and borderline psychopathic

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
From review of his Twitter account, he wants Jeff Perry out of hockey. It's not an unreasonable request. You watch, they'll settle then him and Guest will magically have OHL or other hockey jobs. Every move is calculated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->