New kits 21/22

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If you go for Sharp and JVC then it should obviously be Hitachi for Liverpool.

PHIL-THOMPSON.jpg

Reactions: al secord

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Well, Liverpool had Carlsberg for much longer than either Hitachi or Candy, including the 90s which is the time frame I consider relevant primarily ;).

Before that every other English team had a Japanese electronics manufacturer as their sponsor: Hitachi, Sharp, JVC, NEC, TDK, Panasonic, Mita, Brother. Probably several more that escape me now. Although Chelsea's Commodore shirts were properly iconic too even if American.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I like Bob Marley and pot as much as the next guy, but getting inspiration from him for a sports team in a generation where weed consumption is a real problem for teens is not the best move. What's next, kits inspired by Snoop?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I like Bob Marley and pot as much as the next guy, but getting inspiration from him for a sports team in a generation where weed consumption is a real problem for teens is not the best move. What's next, kits inspired by Snoop?
You are overthinking this. ‘Three little birds” is Ajax’ song. Tribute to the song and Bob Marley. Nothing here promotes weed, even though it’s Amsterdam ;)

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love reggae and Bob Marley, but actually making a kit from the inspiration of one of his songs has to be one of the single dumbest things I've ever seen in my life.

That City kit is absolute fire, love that they tried something out of the box for a change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad