New KHL Webcast Subscriptions

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ok, guys. I don't want to see Tatarstan mentioned in this thread again. We have offtopic subsection for all this. Thanks.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It looks really bad. :help:

Out of 12 games played today Sunday, it appears 3 games won't be broadcast in any way, including games featuring top KHL clubs: the champion Dynamo Moscow, and Metallurg Magnitogorsk. The third game apparently not available is Spartak Moscow vs. Slovan.

2 more games will only be available on regional TV stations (Belarussian, Kazakh), not as webcasts, forcing paying KHL.ru subscribers to turn to pirated online streams for those games.

So, it looks like KHL.ru will only deliver to paying subscribers 7 out of 12 games played today -- barely over half of them. That's a pitiful record, and... KHL doesn't hesitate to charge you more than NHL Game Center for such a crippled subscription! What astounding greed, and especially lack of proper service... :rant:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The ridiculous apologies again... :laugh: The KHL could never do anything wrong, Vorky, right? It's their paying customers who should be blamed. The Saviour may have been a good man, but compared to the KHL, he was a sinner. The only thing Utterly Blameless and Perfectly Immaculate in this entire Universe, is the KHL. That is the Gospel of Vorky, and let us all bow our heads in humility.

Also, what "that game" are you talking about? It appears that 5 out of 12 games won't be webcast!!! That's inexcusable. :rant: But the price must be higher than for the NHL, right?

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
The ridiculous apologies again... :laugh: The KHL could never do anything wrong, Vorky, right? It's their paying customers who should be blamed. The Saviour may have been a good man, but compared to the KHL, he was a sinner. The only thing Utterly Blameless and Perfectly Immaculate in this entire Universe, is the KHL. That is the Gospel of Vorky, and let us all bow our heads in humility.

Also, what "that game" are you talking about? It appears that 5 out of 12 games won't be webcast!!! That's inexcusable. :rant: But the price must be higher than for the NHL, right?

That's really crap. And that's why I didn't buy any subscription, cause I have KHL TV and Latvian TV 6 that will give me all Dinamo Riga home games and a few away games (on KHL TV). Few I won't see due to work (played vs Eastern teams) and for the rest I wasn't compelled to rely on KHL's streaming... as evidenced now I was right. I'll purchase individual games then, if I see they are available...

Of course I could've gotten VSB that shows all Dinamo Riga games (away and home) and judging by the fact that KHL has sold them all the games and VSB will show all the games (as evidenced by last year) I don't see where's the problem in not making them available via streaming?? After all the games are played in the same arenas and if there's no concern of quality when VSB can show all Dinamo Riga's games, I don't see why such concerns are stopping streaming all the games from all the arenas??

We should always demand more from KHL and in this case we should demand from them actually to fulfill their promise. They should not sell something with an asterisk added that basically says ''we'll decide during the season what we'll show you''. If you know you won't be able to show a game from some arenas, then offer what you can show and don't call your offer ''access to all KHL games''...

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

I have never said that. I just say that Rome was not built within a day.

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I don't see where's the problem in not making them available via streaming?? [...] I don't see why such concerns are stopping streaming all the games from all the arenas??

Exactly. I am especially infuriated by the games in Astana and Minsk. These two games are televised, the signal is available, but KHL.ru does not care enough about their paying subscribers to make the necessary arrangements to offer those streams online. Again, unthinkable in the NHL, although the KHL.ru subscription is more expensive than the NHL.com subscription. You pay that higher price to KHL.ru, and still must use pirated streams. Why pay to KHL.ru in the first place, then?

We should always demand more from KHL

Absolutely, and unlike ult I believe that discussing these issues in prominent online hockey forums like HFBoards is one way of "demanding more". Like I mentioned, I talked to KHL.ru support directly a few times last season, but that never resolved anything. They basically confirm whatever issue you write to them about, the final result of that conversation being, "That's just the way it is." :rant: That approach applies to payment issues, game availability issues, whatever.

HockFan11

Oct 23, 2007
Doesn't seem so difficult of a language transition to me.

Learn the Cyrillic alphabet (R=Р U=У B=Б), grab a calculator, and figure out the prices yourself.

Месяц = Months
Сезон = Season
24 Часа = 24 Hours
Архив = Archive
1 Команда = One Team
Все матчи = All matches
Полный Доступ = Full access

Or, just run it through Google Translate.

VladNYC*

All the SKA feeds have been very good so far. But that is expected. 5 out of 12 not being shown is really bad. More growing pains I guess. KHL webcast still definitely better this year then last.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Donbass - CSKA isn't shown, what did I pay for?

I am asking myself the same. Either a game is not shown at all or often they don't have score and time shown, miserable quality etc.

I wonder if they show 50%+ games till the end of season.

I guess we all should stop comparing KHL to NHL. It's better to compare (at least their broadcasts) with double A level in NA (Southern Professional Hockey League or Central Hockey League).

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The price for NHL Game Center Live for the upcoming 2013/14 season, much longer than the KHL season, with every game being broadcast, is:

$99.95

So, what's the justification for the KHL to charge $122 for the counterpart product, in a country (countries) where the average income of the population is much lower than in the US and Canada?

Ah, yes: post-communist greed. :rant: I get it. How typical, and not unexpected at all. You know, if you live in Bratislava, you live on the border with Austria, and sometimes you just need to cross the border to Austria to buy something for a reasonable price there, because your compatriots are capable of gouging your eyes out for a few extra cents of an overblown profit margin. I suppose that after decades of communism, it will take decades for us to come to our senses again, at least to some degree, and it's only been 2 decades (and a bit) of recovery so far...

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Barys (Astana) vs. Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
17.00 Moscow time
http://kazsporttv.kz/ru/online

Ak-Bars vs. Traktor
19.00 Moscow Time
http://www.tnv.ru/

Dinamo Moscow vs. Salavat Yulaev
19.30 Moscow Time
http://tv-rb.ru/online-bst

All links from the official web-sites and free of charge.
This is interesting. Does anyone know if Zagreb does the same sometimes? Their homepage seem to be only in croatian so i dont really visit it that much that's for sure. Actually i do, but leave disappointed all the time since they have no merchandise available as far as i can tell.

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
Some days ago I read here at hfboards, that in NA you have to pay for NHL GameCenter $149 and $99 is a special offer for international audience only. The price shown depends on the IP address.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Some days ago I read here at hfboards, that in NA you have to pay for NHL GameCenter $149 and $99 is a special offer for international audience only. The price shown depends on the IP address.

Yes, you are right. Gamecenter Live was only intended for foreign markets at the begin I believe? But still for 150$ you got a high-class product if you watch NHL and you really see every game in top quality while KHL webcast doesn't even show many games and the quality is far away from being good.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Some Canadians said they bought it for $99, too.

And, is the KHL offering the subscription for $99 to overseas customers? Nope.

This while the people's/hockey fans' average income in this part of the world is much lower than in the US or Canada...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Thank you again to the totally amateurish KHL.ru for denying their paying subscribers the webcast of the Slovan vs. Novokuznetsk game tonight. :rant: :rant: :rant: The game is shown on regular TV, so there is NO EXCUSE. What a scam these subscriptions are...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->