New KHL Webcast Subscriptions

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I suspect a bug in the system. They only compare the price with the maximum coverage of the card, without previously convert the amount in Euro. The season package is now 4495 rubel. My card has a limit of 1500 Euro and mathematically 1500 is less than 4495 so the system says "Exceeds amount limit".

I don't think this particular "bug theory" is correct. We bought the 995 roubles / €23 package from KHL.ru, but we definitely have a limit on that card that is much lower than €995.

As a test I've just booked a monthly package for the archive only for 295 rubel, it worked without problems. As an employed European, I'll look more recorded games anyway. So they forced me to buy the cheaper solution.

I hope you won't regret the purchase! I found the "Archive" section extremely disappointing and of bad quality last season. I wanted to use it just like you do, to watch games from earlier in the day in the evening, but the games often were simply not there, not available at all! :rant: Say, out of 20 Slovan games, only 10 random games were available in full in the Archive section, and not on the same day they were played...

One can only hope the Archive section will improve this season. As you likely know, some Russian pirate sites now offer full-length KHL replays, too, not just pirated live streams... And if the official solution was so useless, can you blame them?

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
so how has this service been so far?

I had great games with Russian commentary and HD quality and then again games like Torpedo today were they didn't even show the time nor the score. Maybe we can do a list of home teams with broadcasts better than the other ones.

So far for me:
+ Dynamo Moscow
+ Omsk

- Nizhny Novgorod

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I had great games with Russian commentary and HD quality and then again games like Torpedo today were they didn't even show the time nor the score. Maybe we can do a list of home teams with broadcasts better than the other ones.

So far for me:
+ Dynamo Moscow
+ Omsk

- Nizhny Novgorod
Check the tv schedule for KHL TV and KHL TV HD, if the game is there, live or not, it should be fine. http://tv.khl.ru/

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Check the tv schedule for KHL TV and KHL TV HD, if the game is there, live or not, it should be fine. http://tv.khl.ru/

So Torpedo game was just some random webstream and that's why there was commentary missing? At least they showed the interviews during intermissions and after the game (not that I would understand any Russian but still good for the ones who do). I mean I don't mind having no commentary or non-HD streams but giving time and score is a must, don't you think so too? It's really confusing when you don't know how much time your team has left to tie a game etc.

I guess most Kazan games are shown by local Tatar TV? At least they always show sth in Tatar language on the right side of the screen!

ult

Sep 21, 2009
So Torpedo game was just some random webstream and that's why there was commentary missing? At least they showed the interviews during intermissions and after the game (not that I would understand any Russian but still good for the ones who do). I mean I don't mind having no commentary or non-HD streams but giving time and score is a must, don't you think so too? It's really confusing when you don't know how much time your team has left to tie a game etc.

You need to understand the process of creating the broadcast. What they streamed was a technical signal, my guess is the graphics were absent because they were done not by the broadcast crew on spot, but rather in the studio of the Novgorod's local channel. KHL TV had no intention to broadcast this game, and apparently no other channel as well. And they couldn't show the Nizhny Novgorod home broadcast because of the rights or something else like that.

I guess most Kazan games are shown by local Tatar TV? At least they always show sth in Tatar language on the right side of the screen!

Tatar language? :laugh::laugh::laugh: You think they broadcast in Tatar?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You need to understand the process of creating the broadcast. What they streamed was a technical signal, my guess is the graphics were absent because they were done not by the broadcast crew on spot, but rather in the studio of the Novgorod's local channel. KHL TV had no intention to broadcast this game, and apparently no other channel as well. And they couldn't show the Nizhny Novgorod home broadcast because of the rights or something else like that.

what rights? I know there was problem with tv signal from N.Novgorod or Cherepovets a few years back, dont remember name of club. As I remember, problem was with local tv, which did not want to cooperate or did not have crews or so.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne

Okay, makes sense.

WTF where did I say this? Can't you read? I said they have Tatar words on the screen from time to time. The announcers obviously speak Russian...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
so how has this service been so far?
One definite improvement compared to last year seems to be that the games, when they are finished live, seem to be added to the archive promptly, so that you can watch them there without having to wait. That's important for those of us in Central Europe, due to the time shift. Moscow is 2 and 3 hours ahead of us, Siberia even more hours, which means many games take place during our working/office hours. We'd like to come home from work and watch the game from KHL.ru archives. Last season, this didn't work. It looks like it might work this year.

The picture quality seems OK, too. I watched the Donbass vs. Slovan game on TV here in Slovakia today, and the picture quality was awful, like 1980s archive footage. (That's better than nothing, though.) The quality of the webcast of the opening game, Dynamo vs. Traktor, was clearly of a superior quality compared to today's "regular TV" broadcast.

I mean I don't mind having no commentary or non-HD streams but giving time and score is a must, don't you think so too?
I agree it's extremely unpleasant when those things aren't displayed, but: I'd much rather have such a "technical" broadcast than no broadcast at all. I applaud KHL.ru for bringing the webcast, despite no TV station showing the game. :handclap: That's exactly the type of advantage webcasts should provide to paying KHL.ru subscribers. Because before the Vityaz vs. Torpedo game, there had been no video link displayed for the game at KHL.ru. Yet they showed the game anyway, which is great.

Another such test will come on Sunday: no video link is currently displayed for the Spartak vs. Slovan game, and the game won't be shown anywhere on TV in Slovakia, either. Will KHL.ru bring the webcast from that game or not? I'd definitely prefer a "technical webcast" over no broadcast at all! You can always follow the textual descriptions of the game along with the webcast, to at least have an idea as to what time it is, what the score is, and what's been going on in terms of statistics. ;)

What's so funny about that? Why couldn't they be doing it? Last year, when we were forced to watch the Astana vs. Slovan game via a webstream from some swearing Kazakh guy's living room, we were surprised to hear that half of the broadcast was done in Russian language, and the other half in Kazakh language. As Slovaks, we could understand the Russian announcer at least to some degree, but whenever the Kazakh announcer took over, it was like listening to Turkish, and we understood zip. :D Please understand that to Central Europeans, "Tatarstan" and "Kazakhstan" sounds like pretty much the same thing. If there could be Kazakh announcers, why couldn't there be Tatar announcers as well? :)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
What's so funny about that? Why couldn't they be doing it? Last year, when we were forced to watch the Astana vs. Slovan game via a webstream from some swearing Kazakh guy's living room, we were surprised to hear that half of the broadcast was done in Russian language, and the other half in Kazakh language. As Slovaks, we could understand the Russian announcer at least to some degree, but whenever the Kazakh announcer took over, it was like listening to Turkish, and we understood zip. :D Please understand that to Central Europeans, "Tatarstan" and "Kazakhstan" sounds like pretty much the same thing. If there could be Kazakh announcers, why couldn't there be Tatar announcers as well? :)

Because it's not an independent country like Kazakhstan, it's Russian region. Half of the population don't speak Tatar, but 100% know Russian. Feel the difference? Are you really comparing Kazakhstan and Tatarstan?..

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Feel the difference?
Not from here, I assure you. Most people in Europe don't distinguish between all the various "...stans" out there, especially those that used to be part of the Soviet Union.

Are you really comparing Kazakhstan and Tatarstan?
I'm comparing nothing, because I know nothing about those 2 regions. :)

Of course, it's perfectly legitimate to be comparing anything with anything. There's a huge Russian minority living in Kazakhstan, too. Wake up, ult, please. How are Europeans supposed to know whether the Tatar language is spoken or not spoken in Tatarstan, and how many people understand the Tatar language over there? I assure you that most people in Europe have zero interest in the geography of the former Soviet Union. It's nice to learn about it here on HFBoards, though.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Because it's not an independent country like Kazakhstan, it's Russian region. Half of the population don't speak Tatar, but 100% know Russian. Feel the difference? Are you really comparing Kazakhstan and Tatarstan?..

Both have mixed populations of Turks and Russians and both have more or less the same language. So why NOT compare them? Only because it's Russian territory? Russia is pretty diverse, get over it.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Both have mixed populations of Turks and Russians and both have more or less the same language. So why NOT compare them? Only because it's Russian territory? Russia is pretty diverse, get over it.

:facepalm:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
What a good argument. ;) But I won't talk about politics here...

No, it's just that Faterson is right. People in europe know nothing about Russia. I've been to Kazan numerous time, I have Tatar friends, and you expect me to argue with you about why it's nonsense to have a part of hockey game coverage in Tatar language? Please. And it's not politics. It's common sense.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
All hockey matches on Tatar TV (TNV) are broadcast in Russian. In Tatarstan everybody speaks Russian so no wonder why TNV decided to make this show in Russian.

All matches on Kazakhstan TV (Astana TV) are broadcast in both official languages, i.e. Kazakh and Russian. It is kind of policy for TV and Radio in my country cause there are Kazakhs who don't speak Russian and Russians who don't speak Kazakh language
Funniest thing here when the announcers discuss something. One asks something in Kazakh and the other answers in Russian and vice verse

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Funniest thing here when the announcers discuss something. One asks something in Kazakh and the other answers in Russian and vice verse

That was normal on Czecho-Slovak TV for decades. But, Czech and Slovak are at least very similar languages, while Russian & Kazakh are completely different.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty

Let me cut it for you. Would you criticize Scottish TV channel for broadcasting football games in English? Tatars and Russians lived together for centuries while multicultural society in Kazakhstan was formed in Stalin's times.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Let me cut it for you. Would you criticize Scottish TV channel for broadcasting football games in English?

Salavat & ult, ffs what are you talking about? We don't care about the languages of your broadcasts. Me and Vicente are saying that we have no idea, and that typical Europeans don't clearly distinguish between Tatarstan, Kazakhstan, and any other ...stan out there, because they are simply extremely remote, exotic locations to us. You can certainly use or not use whatever language you want to use in your broadcasts. Just don't expect Europeans to be experts in the geography of the former Soviet Union, or to be interested in the subject.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Salavat & ult, ffs what are you talking about? We don't care about the languages of your broadcasts. Me and Vicente are saying that we have no idea, and that typical Europeans don't clearly distinguish between Tatarstan, Kazakhstan, and any other ...stan out there, because they are simply extremely remote, exotic locations to us. You can certainly use or not use whatever language you want to use in your broadcasts. Just don't expect Europeans to be experts in the geography of the former Soviet Union, or to be interested in the subject.

My post specifically addresses this question of Vicente.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
No, you are assuming as if we were criticising someone for broadcasting or not broadcasting in Tatar or in Kazakh.

We are not criticising. We have no expectations, and we don't care. It's your TV, use any language you want.

What we are saying is that from the point of view of Europeans, it's perfectly legitimate to be comparing Tatarstan and Kazakhstan, wondering why one TV station is broadcasting in Kazakh, and the other not in Tatar. That does not mean we demand Tatar broadcasts, as Mr. Irascible ult keeps construing. We don't care, and we're fine with whatever language you want to use -- as long as there is that webcast for which we paid our KHL.ru subscription! I certainly hope we don't need to watch this season's Astana vs. Slovan game via a webcamera from some Kazakh fan's living room again. :shakehead

Last edited:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
What I don't understand is how Faterson is saying that he cannot distinguish between republic of Tatarstan, one of the 83 regions in Russia, in the middle of the country, like any other, and Kazakhstan, an independent asian country. Man, that's some Austria/Australia stuff. All you need to know is that Kazan is a Russian city. Like Moscow or Saint-Petersburg or Ufa. That's it. Or you didn't know that Kazan is in Russia? Thought you were following KHL. What the hell you're complicating it for, and giving me some **** nicknames? Get a grip.

And yeah, you keep complaining about KHL in this thread. News alert, they don't read this thread, no one here works for KHL. Why don't you take your complaints to their support, so they could actually fix them.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
What I don't understand is how Faterson is saying that he cannot distinguish between republic of Tatarstan, one of the 83 regions in Russia, in the middle of the country, like any other, and Kazakhstan, an independent asian country.

I guarantee you, ult, that 99% of Europeans have not the slightest idea of where Tatarstan is -- north, south, east, west, or central. It may be sad, but it's true. Tatarstan or Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan -- it's all the same to ordinary folks in Europe. Perhaps the KHL will help in raising the awareness of Tatarstan at least one tiny bit, at least among hockey fans. The only association with Tatarstan a typical Slovak person has, is Tatar sauce, which is what we put on fried cheese. And there is the young Slovak Detroit player, Tomáš Tatár. Still, folks have no idea where Tatarstan is.

All you need to know is that Kazan is a Russian city.
I'm afraid ordinary Europeans have no idea that a city called Kazaň exists. Sad but true. Hockey (and perhaps football) fans might have an inkling, but others? Small chance.

giving me some **** nicknames?
You gotta admit "Mr. Irascible" fits you to a T, though. :)

Why don't you take your complaints to their support
I tried several times, and it's useless. They just send you back a boilerplate reply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->