New KHL Webcast Subscriptions

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
:laugh:

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ajankohtaista/in-english.html

The most recent thing SM-Liiga has published in English is 3 years ago! Other than that all they have is week summaries that is a text of scores(excluding goalscorers) and half a paragraph for like 10 games :(

Maybe I'm missing something? There isnt even a link to english from the SM-Liiga main page :help:

as a foreigner, I would say KHL is much easier to follow in English than other top leagues as I mentioned before.

Well KHL is moving forward and im one of those people that understand that building a website on the level of NHL is not easy i believe KHL will get there in time,BUT KHL is not competing with SHL or Liiga,but with NHL so theres no point of comparing.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
That wasn't the point, ofc. But still, do you seriously think that a non-Russian speaking person can't be a fan of a Russian KHL team? That's just sad to hear, really.

As I said it's a matter of time. I am sure that there will be English versions of KHL TV. However, today 99,9% of audience are russian speaking people and they will be greatly disappointed if KHL TV broadcast in english. So that must be a separate channel, e.g. KHL-2 or KHL Europe. This year they launch KHL HD, which again must be focused on the needs of local fans. Step by step... You can't deny that KHL is developing

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
As I said it's a matter of time. I am sure that there will be English versions of KHL TV. However, today 99,9% of audience are russian speaking people and they will be greatly disappointed if KHL TV broadcast in english. So that must be a separate channel, e.g. KHL-2 or KHL Europe. This year they launch KHL HD, which again must be focused on the needs of local fans. Step by step... You can't deny that KHL is developing

Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,to that idea!!!!

ult

Sep 21, 2009
This year they launch KHL HD, which again must be focused on the needs of local fans.

Nope. They're launching KHL TV HD, KHL HD was launched last year. So there are KHL TV (SD), KHL HD (simulcast version of KHL TV) and KHL TV HD (new channel).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Nope. They're launching KHL TV HD, KHL HD was launched last year. So there are KHL TV (SD), KHL HD (simulcast version of KHL TV) and KHL TV HD (new channel).

Will it be possible for me in Latvia to order this channel?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
so just buy them on the khl site. individually by games, by team for the season or the whole packet.

Need English and hd, then will do. Hopefully they have even finnish next year because Jokerit joins..

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I helped a friend yesterday to buy a KHL.ru webcast subscription at http://video.khl.ru/page/subscription_page for Slovan's games next season. She doesn't really read, speak, or understand much Russian, but managed to make the payment just fine. Like cska78 says, if you're a real hockey fan, you don't care if the game is announced by Martians, or anyone -- you just want to watch the game.

Just a tip: after you select your subscription, you get 3 options to pay for it. Option no. 2 does not work with non-Russian credit/debit cards, so ignore that, if you're outside Russia. Option no. 1 is very confusing -- a complicated webpage all in Russian language opens, just no use going there.

The best payment option is no. 3, MainPay:

1. A very simple window opens, where you select the Visa/MasterCard option, and enter your email address. Then, press the button at bottom right.
  2. Again, a very simple window opens, with just 3 self-explanatory fields: first, a long field where you enter your card number.
  3. To the right of it, a short field where you enter the 3-digit verification number from the back of your card.
  4. Finally, another longer field where you enter your name as it appears on your card.
  5. Select your card's expiry month and year.
  6. Press the blue payment button, and that's it! :handclap: The confirmation message, in fact, appears in English, saying something like Status: Charged.

My friend used (from Slovakia, EU) an ordinary Visa Electron debit card, so you don't need any fancy credit card to buy these subscriptions.

We can only hope KHL.ru won't let us down, unlike last season, and that they will really show (if possible) webcasts of all Slovan games, because that's exactly the subscription we've purchased from them for around €23, which is a great price. (My subscription is separate.)

Right now, it doesn't look good: quite a few games from the first few KHL game days are already advertised on KHL.ru as being webcast, but not "our" game so far, Slovan @ Donbass on Friday, September 6th. We can only hope that the webcast link for that game will be added to the site later on! :help:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Like cska78 says, if you're a real hockey fan, you don't care if the game is announced by Martians, or anyone -- you just want to watch the game.

I just hope this is not also what the league thinks. I will watch Jokerit games in Russian, arabic or any language if necessary when they play KHL, but I wouldn't pay any money for it in that case. That's what in Finland is called "voting with your feet". There needs to be some level of quality if money is going to be paid.. :)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I just hope this is not also what the league thinks. I will watch Jokerit games in Russian, arabic or any language if necessary when they play KHL, but I wouldn't pay any money for it in that case. That's what in Finland is called "voting with your feet". There needs to be some level of quality if money is going to be paid.. :)

the problem is, that the league doesn't really care, traditionally Russian sports are not fan driven, so our hope is just to seat and wait.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I would agree with what you're saying, QnebO, if the situation doesn't improve from year to year.

Last season, it was next to impossible for non-Russians to purchase KHL.ru webcasts, because they accepted only Russian cards for payment.

This season, they have added the option to pay with international credit/debit cards, too, which to me is a big step forward. I'm rewarding it with my "all Slovan games" subscription, worth €23. (If the full subscription at €91 hadn't been so relatively expensive, I might have purchased it instead.)

If KHL.ru add PayPal as a payment option next season, I might reward that improvement next year again. The principal improvement to me, though, would be to webcast really all KHL games. I hope we can get close to that ideal this season.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Glad to hear that. :) Last season, I thought the quality of those official KHL.ru webcast streams was excellent. The issue there never was quality but the games (quite a few of them) that were not offered as a KHL.ru webcast, despite being televised. (A game like Astana vs. Slovan comes to mind.)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
They have now added a small-print caveat to the subscription webpage, saying something like:

"We do not guarantee the broadcasts of 100% of games as part of these subscriptions, due to signal availability, blah, blah, blah."

:(

I don't want to hear such excuses. Something like that never happens in the NHL.

For the next 2 game-days, Thursday and Friday (and that's a lot of games), video links are now posted for every game except Viťaz vs. Traktor on Friday. Although that's pretty close to 100%, I really wonder if "no signal will be available" (or supply your own lame excuse) from Podolsk. :shakehead Or, maybe they will still add the video link for that game later on. They don't seem to be adding all video links in one batch, but one by one.

The real test for me will be on Sunday: will there be a KHL.ru webcast of the Spartak vs. Slovan game? Inexplicably, the KHL's TV broadcasting partner in Slovakia/Czech Rep. (Sport 1, 2) does not carry that game. Can KHL.ru provide a better service?

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
As I mentioned yesterday a buddy of mine from Croatia couldn't buy the full season package because he received a notification that his account limit was reached (with 480 euro plus on his credit card). Now I also tried to buy the full season package with my credit card from a German bank and I received the same notification despite having more than 1200 euro on the credit card. This is quite hilarious...

Any other foreigner with this problem?

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It's quite clearly a problem with your German bank and with your friend's Croatian bank, Vicente. The error message says that with 100% clarity. To resolve the issue, you must talk to your bank, quoting the transaction ID number to them. Posting to HFBoards won't resolve the issue for you! ;)

I guess we are not wealthy enough over here to be purchasing those full subscriptions at €91, but I can confirm from my own experience that purchasing that "1-team subscription" for €23 works just fine from Slovakia. :nod:

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
As I mentioned yesterday a buddy of mine from Croatia couldn't buy the full season package because he received a notification that his account limit was reached (with 480 euro plus on his credit card). Now I also tried to buy the full season package with my credit card from a German bank and I received the same notification despite having more than 1200 euro on the credit card. This is quite hilarious...

Any other foreigner with this problem?

Same here. Tried two different sufficiently covered credit cards from different banks via RBK Money and MainPay, nothing worked for me. Had also a conversation with my bank's support. They said everything is fine there, no restrictions by the bank.

I also wrote to the khl.ru support. They suggested to use Robokassa although they exclude western credit cards due to their terms and conditions.

Weird situation and now they changed the price for the season package back to 4,495 RUB. Thanks a lot for not giving me the chance to by your best offer! :shakehead

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
now they changed the price for the season package back to 4,495 RUB. Thanks a lot for not giving me the chance to by your best offer! :shakehead

True... and now the "1-team subscription" is at around €34, too, instead of €23 previously, which is a whopping 50% (or so) price raise -- I'm not sure it's really good value any longer, considering the pervasiveness of pirated streams.

Also, the KHL's full subscription is now distinctly more expensive than the full season of NHL's Game Center Live, a far superior product. Must you be that greedy, KHL? :rant:

They could have published the earlier prices with a warning: "Buy Now, because the prices will go up on September 5th!" But there was no such warning.

Ah, well... KHL.ru's webcasts are still managed amateurishly this season, I see. Slightly less amateurishly than last year, but really only slightly... :shakehead

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
What a surprise. I could buy another day pass and my Croatian friend just was able to buy the season package for Medvescak.

Both banks said there were no problems from their side yesterday with the whole season package.

I believe it's the fault of KHL as they seem to have changed prices and they didn't want to sell the packages for less money. They treat customers like ****.

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
I suspect a bug in the system. They only compare the price with the maximum coverage of the card, without previously convert the amount in Euro. The season package is now 4495 rubel. My card has a limit of 1500 Euro and mathematically 1500 is less than 4495 so the system says "Exceeds amount limit".

As a test I've just booked a monthly package for the archive only for 295 rubel, it worked without problems. As an employed European, I'll look more recorded games anyway. So they forced me to buy the cheaper solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->