New Jerseys

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
The third jerseys are terrible. The fact that they use the tropical storm flag is seriously lame, and incorrect.

It'd be like the ducks putting a swan on their jerseys.

Or a hockey mask with a beak protector?

Chill about the tropical storm/hurricane thing. Only weather nerds know or care. I am one, but still only the first applies to me (I don't give a rat's ass).

The third jerseys look awesome. Proud to wear mine (Sutter though...need a new one).

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And technically speaking, the single flag could mean tropical storm warning and/or hurricane watch, depending on your location and the weather conditions.

So if you think about the single flag as a hurricane watch flag, it makes more sense. Especially considering the aesthetics of trying to do a double flag on a hockey stick to get the hurricane warning flag.

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
complaining about jerseys is not ridiculous at all.

see:
images

la-kings1.jpg

images

Beardy*

I would keep the piping on the shoulders, but instead of rounding it off at the shoulder, extend it all the way down the arm vertically, like the Capitals jersey. Get rid of the flags altogether, because it's not immediately obvious what they are. Go with some simpler striping there. And as I said before, seriously consider using navy blue in place of the black and take the metallic silver down a notch to a lighter gray. I maybe can draw something up later.

Piping all the way down.... replacing black with blue....

So basically, you want us to turn into the Washington Capitals?

Yeah... gonna pass on that

Beardy*

The third jerseys are terrible. The fact that they use the tropical storm flag is seriously lame, and incorrect.

It'd be like the ducks putting a swan on their jerseys.

The only reason we don't use the 2 flag logo is because its an incredibly difficult one to design around. Look at the college teams like Tulsa who have tried to use it in the past. Each and every time its been tried, it comes away as an extremely weak logo.

The one flag, as much as it is a storm warning flag, is a strong logo as we use it. Any attempt I've ever seen to use 2 flag vastly weakens it, and doesn't look nearly as crisp. And I have yet to see one fan proposed redesign that has a logo with 2 flags looking stronger than the one we have now. In fact, its a stronger logo than the one we currently use as our primary, and would not be shocked to see us make the switch full time after this season when the jerseys are tweaked.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I really wouldn't mind something around using the 'negative space' around two flags to make an "H" kind of like Hartford had. I think BluelineBomber had a mockup with a logo like that?

Beardy*

I really wouldn't mind something around using the 'negative space' around two flags to make an "H" kind of like Hartford had. I think BluelineBomber had a mockup with a logo like that?

I've seen a few on Icethetics, and none of them were all that strong, to be honest...

0801-chrisruffolo-car.png

1119-dylanalexander-car.png

1225-josephloretz-car.png

There have been 2 redesigns that I personally really liked. One was the black one in the 2nd with the warning flags now wrapping around behind the logo. I would shrink that, and simplify it, creating something more like the following as a base, with either charcoal grey or black being the base color of the jersey.
Canes%20Avi.png

The other I liked was the first submitted there:
0627-ryanhaslett-car.png

The sublimated flag print in the white on cuff is awesome. Could do without the sublimation on the arms, and revert the numbers to what we use now... but that would look real nice. Maybe that for home and road, and the black/charcoal one I proposed above for the alternate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad