New Jerseys for 2013/14?

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
When the NHL finally opens up empty sweater space for the corporate advertising bonanza the Hurricanes are going to be GOLDEN. :sarcasm:

If they would let the players get there own advertising space on the jerseys.

We could get Ward Burton to do the play by play.

Here comes Eric Staal with in the #12 Wonder Bread uniform passing it off to Skinner the #53 My Little Pony....

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
I was at the eye a few weeks ago and noticed the Reebok jerseys now had the CCM logo on them too. Has that been the norm or is this new?

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I was at the eye a few weeks ago and noticed the Reebok jerseys now had the CCM logo on them too. Has that been the norm or is this new?

The logo on the tag on the inside, right? It's also the first I've noticed it, not that I've looked closely.

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Yup, I had to take a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Other than that, I thought they looked exactly the same as my home one.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yup, I had to take a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Other than that, I thought they looked exactly the same as my home one.

I guess I'm too dumb/wasn't paying attention at the time to realize Reebok bought out CCM in 2004.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Well, FWIW, we could flip the Hartford logo upside down so we could ignore the Whalers intentions of making it anything Whale related. Really just make the "H" standout, and think of it as mustache/unibrow. ;)

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Me too..:laugh: I don't remember ever seeing the CCM logo on any of the jerseys since way back in the day.

I was a little ashamed to admit that it took a Google search to find out why my sweater's tag has the CCM logo on it. I suspect that Reebok affiliate CCM's shops are the ones cranking out the gear, I suppose.

It wasn't even that long ago that I was telling my wife that I missed seeing some of the CCM and KOHO branding since Reebok took over. Turns out I was just ignorant.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It bugs me when marketing departments start monkeying with teams' identities for no good reason.

The Hurricanes have a great brand and image. It's just now getting to the point of being multi-generational, where things like the logo and jerseys start to take on a life of their own. What's the point of changing it now?

Minor changes, ok. Striping and piping and whatnot. But a total overhaul would be out of left field and really unnecessary.

I really have to agree with this. I don't want to see a huge overhaul in design for this reason. The Hurricanes have managed to build a solid brand here basically from the ground up with a two year dead term in Greensboro as a disadvantage to go along with it. Minor tweaks (removing the piping and the silver from the arms, possibly even using the alternate logo as the primary) are certainly a good option here. But if the team didn't rebrand after the lost years in Greensboro, and they didn't rebrand after the first lockout after the most dismal attendance in the history of the team since it's been in Raleigh, then why even consider it now when the team has already established a positive identity? If they're smart, it'll just be a minor jersey tweak (and I would consider removing the hurricane flags along the bottom fairly major) or it'll be a huge mistake along the lines of the Sens ditching their original logo for what they have now.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I could see something like the home and away from this (from icethetics):

1119-dylanalexander-car.png

Keep the same basic identity stable- logos stay the same, keep the Hurricane flags. I really love those, they're unique, interesting, and they don't cross the line into tacky. But overhauling the striping pattern of the jersey wouldn't upset me too much.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
hurricane flag strip is getting tacky, if they want to simplify it, just add stripes in place of it

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I am in the minority, but I really like our alternates. Mainly the Hurricanes flag that doubles as a Triangle (sadly only people who live here would get it).

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I could see something like the home and away from this (from icethetics):

1119-dylanalexander-car.png

Keep the same basic identity stable- logos stay the same, keep the Hurricane flags. I really love those, they're unique, interesting, and they don't cross the line into tacky. But overhauling the striping pattern of the jersey wouldn't upset me too much.

Those are too busy.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Those are too busy.

I'm not sold on the hurricane flags on the sleeves, but the simplified striping at the bottom (while keeping the flags) and the real yoke rather than the half baked thing we have now is something I could get behind. And I'm not a fan of the third at all- way too much on that one, hence the "home and away" bit in my original post.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
I doubt that the Hurricanes colors would ever change unless they moved to a different arena. The reason the main colors are black, red, and white is because NC State uses the same three colors in their uniforms and the two teams share the same arena.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
As a Canucks fan, I feel that my credibility and experience in abiding ugly-assed jerseys is second to none.
The flag belt is ugly. The piping is ugly. Your jerseys need simplification, not more bells and whistles.
Your colors are great, but something gets lost and it looks like a ship went down and the only two things recovered were a chess board and a tattered flag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->