New Jerseys for 2013/14?

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I was over in the Habs forum when I stumbled upon a link that tells me this:

Reebok indicates new home/roads for Hurricanes

That's right, 16 years after leaving Hartford, the CAROLINA HURRICANES may be getting another uniform overhaul. Or so says Reebok, anyway. The manufacturer is preparing retailers for possible new home and road jerseys. However, the alternate appears to be remaining the same.

There haven't been any rumors about the Hurricanes looking to redesign their sweaters, so it could be that they're just simplifying their designs next season. The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

What do you imagine the Canes could have in store for 2013?

It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass

It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.

it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!

and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina

Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Hopefully they get rid of the silver color and the hurricane flags at the bottom of the jersey. The shoulder piping should go too.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
same here, it's pointless. Possibly switch the logo used for the 3rds onto the home and away as the primary as well, beyond that is overkill

That might be cool. They could just switch the main logo and shoulder logo. And possibly tweak the flag a little bit- they could put a second square on it to make it an actual hurricane flag, and emphasize the "H" that the squares make.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! :handclap: Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! :handclap: Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.

The discount in this situation applied to both.

A friend I went to practice with today wanted to look around the store a bit, so I chatted up the dude who seems to be the guy in charge. Contractually they really can't "discount" sweaters typically, as they have to maintain an obligated MSRP. This is a rather rare situation where they were allowed to do so. As for the lettering, it costs what it costs, so that's why there usually isn't a markdown there, except for now.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.

I wouldn't call it a dustbin. More of a shrine, mainly because it has Brass Bonanza in it.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Brass Bonanza was played at my wedding.

Yes, my wife grew up a Whalers season ticket holder.

No, this was not optional, and my opinion was not sought.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I just say leave them as-is. However, if they are actually going to change them up, they need to keep the hurricane warning flag print. That is one of the more unique and cooler looks among all of the uniforms in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad