GDT: New Jersey @ M*A*S*H* (aka Leafs) | Nov 8 | TSN | 7:30est | Honouring Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd really like Reimer to start tomorrow game to get his revenge against the bruins, but I don't think its a good idea. They really exposed his weakness in game 7, so I would try Bernier tomorrow if he plays well tonight.

No, they exposed the TEAMS weakness in game 7. It was not on one player, everyone fell apart.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
J.Reimer Career vs. Boston:

RegSeas: 9gms, 4-4-1, 2.76gaa, .917sv%
Playoffs: 7gms, 3-2-2, 2.88gaa, .923sv%

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
So, the Devils called up Cam Janssen. Played against Philly, and scored LOL.

I really hope Orr/MacLaren destroy him. Still don't forgive him for that hit on Kaberle, he was never the same after that....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I really hope Orr/MacLaren destroy him. Still don't forgive him for that hit on Kaberle, he was never the same after that....

Janssen's a punk. Didn't really like his homophobic comments back in 2012 either.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

I cursed him out at an autograph signing back when I lived in Jersey. He got traded a few weeks later and started complaining about the fans.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Then we try Lupul who says he's played some center. If that doesn't work then try Raymond who played some center for the Canucks. Just keep trying options until something works.

If JVR doesn't work out the guy to put there is MeClement until Bozak returns... There's no real difference between him and Bozak when JVR and Kessel provide the offense on that line.

Then put Clarkson with Kadri and Lupul a line that should have been put together as soon as Clarkson's suspension was over.

Carlyle is stubborn at a fault at times... his need for a shut down line and the heavy match up he plays with that line gets in the way of the flow of the game. Some times he has to take a step back and just let the boys play for a change and it would be much better if he used a shadow and Phaneuf instead of 5 guys jumping in and out on shift changes for this duty during the course of a season. This is my hope will happen with these injuries in that he will be forced to not overplay his checking line and the team can get back to using there speed game to force turnovers on the check, with more flow and puck possession when playing offense.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Legitimately read this on Reddit like, 10 minutes ago. Assuming the same person here :laugh:

you deserve a medal

My secret has been revealed!!!!

And no I did not get a medal, just a high five from the rink manager who hated the guy but wanted the easy money.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
These are the types of games the Leafs need to win... hopefully JVR does well at C and good to see Fraser back

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
Did it work out for him when he played against the Sens earlier this season?

Bernier deserves this start after his performance in Calgary and the fact that Reimer lost on Saturday. Easy decision for Carlyle.

You really know absolutely nothing about goaltending.

Reimer played fantastic against Vancouver. Unbelievable. He was the only reason it wasn't 8-0.

Actually I'd say he played better against Vancouver than Bernier did against Calgary. But it doesn't matter, because they're both playing great. Reimer is just better at the moment.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for the game tonight, it feels like I haven't watched the Leafs in months. I want to win tonight so bad to help us stay ahead of the Bruins and put more distance between us and the Smurfs.

I know tomorrow is a bigger game but I think tonight's two points are important.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
The funniest part of this whole situation for the devils is that they got ****ed in the worst possible way. They lose a potential lottery pick this year, and Kolvachuk left aswell LOLLL. I honestly feel so bad for the fanbase.

I don't. They have been to the cup final in the past 3 years, and have won 3 Stanley Cups in the past 20 years.

No part of me feels bad for their fan base.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
I'd really like Reimer to start tomorrow game to get his revenge against the bruins, but I don't think its a good idea.
i do, game 8

if you think about it, this is the only real rivalry in recent history season that has meaning

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
You really know absolutely nothing about goaltending.

Reimer played fantastic against Vancouver. Unbelievable. He was the only reason it wasn't 8-0.

Actually I'd say he played better against Vancouver than Bernier did against Calgary. But it doesn't matter, because they're both playing great. Reimer is just better at the moment.

Difference is that Reimer loss the game 4-0 and Bernier won the game 4-2.

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013
i do, game 8

if you think about it, this is the only real rivalry in recent history season that has meaning

Do you want him to lose again. Dude has a losing record vs Boston, in the regular season and postseason. If we have been giving games based on records, then I don't want Reimer vs Boston.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
This feels like the lead-up to an NFL game...

Lots of pre-game talk and analysis and time that has passed since the last game.

Can't wait for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad