New Jersey
tumblr_n5inv2Ra621tu7965o1_500.gif

INFIRMARY

#9 Taylor Hall - #13 Nico Hischier - #63 Jesper Bratt
#44 Miles Wood - #37 Pavel Zacha - #58 Kevin Rooney
#47 John Quenneville - #42 Nathan Bastian

#25 Mirco Mueller - #45 Sami Vatanen
#8 Will Butcher - #16 Steven Santini

#1 (the 1 is in place of a pen) Amanda Stein (rolled ankle)

734ee7b31335e7491bc6ea0ac8b7296f.gif

LINEUP

#20 Blake Coleman - #19 Travis Zajac - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#17 Kenny Agostino - #58 Kevin Rooney (possibly) - #18 Drew Stafford
#15 Nick Lappin - #41 Michael McLeod - #49 Joey Anderson
#23 Stefan Noesen - #56 Blake Pietila - #39 Kurtis Gabriel

#6 Andy Greene - #28 Damon Severson
#8 Will Butcher - #5 Connor Carrick
#74 Egor Yakovlev - #16 Steven Santini

#35 Cory Schneider
#29 Mackenzie Blackwood

AthleticElderlyLemming-size_restricted.gif

THEM

#8 Alex Ovechkin - #92 Evgeny Kuznetsov - #43 Tom Wilson
#13 Jakub Vrana - #19 Nicklas Backstrom - #77 T.J. Oshie
#62 Carl Hagelin - #20 Lars Eller - #10 Brett Connolly
#65 Andre Burakovsky - #26 Nic Dowd - #72 Travis Boyd

#6 Michal Kempny - #74 John Carlson
#9 Dmitri Orlov - #2 Matt Niskanen
#44 Brooks Orpik - #3 Nick Jensen

#70 Braden Holtby
#1 Pheonix Copley

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.gif

ZOMFG CALL UP

Yakovlev
Quenneville
Anderson
Blackwood
Rooney
Pietila
Lappin
Gabriel
McLeod
Bastian

tenor.gif

LGD

Last edited:

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Assuming Blackwood gets the start as Hynes said it was pretty much going to be a 50/50 split going forward?

Good luck.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Assuming Blackwood gets the start as Hynes said it was pretty much going to be a 50/50 split going forward?

Good luck.

They'll surely split the games between today and tomorrow, so it's just a matter of how Hynes wants to play them. Whoever goes tonight is going to see a ton of shots and probably get lit up, whereas tomorrow they may actually have a chance against the Rangers. I know they want to see how both goalies play down the stretch, but do they toss Cory out there tonight to really see what he's got or maybe hold him back until tomorrow to maybe build some more confidence in his game. Or maybe Hynes has Schneider and Blackwood have a rock-paper-scissors contest and loser has to play tonight.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
sometimes i forget how bad our team is, then i look at the other teams’ lineup. holy shit this could get ugly

Reactions: New Jersey

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'm actually enjoying these games. With all the injuries, I don't have to worry too much about the team winning and hurting their draft position. Also get to see younger guys in a lot of different situations - in particular, I've really been focusing on McLeod. Goaltending has also been solid, which is a good sign for next season. In the past 10 days, this largely AHL team has lost by only 1 goal against the 2nd (Boston) and 3rd (Calgary) best teams in the league and took a desperate (though struggling) team in Columbus to a shootout. Aside from picking up a point in the Columbus game (which isn't such a big deal, as that was fun to watch and give guys some 3 on 3 OT time), this is a best case scenario (only complaint was not seeing some of the younger guys get the nod in the shootout). Strong play and close losses against very good teams. Hopefully they can keep it close again tonight against the Caps and get another hard-played, close loss!

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
They'll surely split the games between today and tomorrow, so it's just a matter of how Hynes wants to play them. Whoever goes tonight is going to see a ton of shots and probably get lit up, whereas tomorrow they may actually have a chance against the Rangers. I know they want to see how both goalies play down the stretch, but do they toss Cory out there tonight to really see what he's got or maybe hold him back until tomorrow to maybe build some more confidence in his game. Or maybe Hynes has Schneider and Blackwood have a rock-paper-scissors contest and loser has to play tonight.

Last game I didn't even know was a home game and these next couple of games this upcoming weekend, I didn't even know were back to back, smh.

As I said, good luck to whoever plays tonight, especially if the Caps show up.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
One positive you can take is that McLeod is getting some NHL experience in a no pressure situation. He's showing he can clearly be a bottom 6 forward in the NHL based on his hockey sense, speed and faceoff ability. I know people automatically expect more out of him being a first round pick and all, but the fact is we likely don't need him to be a top 6 center for us to be successful down the road. A high pick this year could end up being a center that provides us our 1-2 punch with Nico for the next decade. I'd have no issue with McLeod topping out as a 3rd line center if that's the case.

I also think that this gives Shero/Hynes a better and longer evaluation process on how they have to proceed going forward next year. Whether it's possible for them to have the horses to run the type of system they want, or if they have to get back to basics based on the final roster they have going into next year. If you can get the team to play better and more supportive hockey with this roster currently playing, then to me there's no logic behind forcing them to play a system that is counter productive to success.

This year has been so, so strange overall. It's going to be interesting to see what moves are made in the offseason.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I'm not watching this. Why voluntarily waste a Friday evening especially when I have an actually-important Seton Hall game to attend tomorrow and an online midterm I'd like to get done?

Literally no point.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Down to 5 guys left to call up from Binghamton

Ranked in order of Defcon levels

5 Seney
4 Gignac
3 Tangradi
2 Sharangovich
1 Baddock <----if they reach this level it's forfeit time.

Hurt
Speers
Studenic

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This would be the game to sign a whole line of AHL thugs and play them every time Wilson is on the ice. If they all fight him and one spears him and one cross checks him and one trips him and they all get suspended but Wilson is beaten into submission, it will be worth it.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
There’s a Guster track in the GDT.

We are officially at rock bottom.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel bad for whomever starts in net tonight, and an already giving them a pass if this gets out of hand.

Only so much you can do with a roster like this in front of you against the Caps of all teams.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
This season is a joke right? I'm just going to shake my head, and see we are still 4-0? Or did i put a penny in the door of life?

Reactions: MartyOwns

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’ll be watching just for the hopes of Gabriel putting his fist through Wilson’s face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad