GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Washington Capitals: 1,000 Games of Travis Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The day has finally come, Travis Zajac will play in his 1,000th game all with the New Jersey Devils. Let's look back at some highlights from his fantastic career that's led us here.

And many more! I couldn't find a video of his first NHL goal but it was in his second game against the Stars. But on to today's game, our line is brought to you by dorky Trav

DenseDetailedCat-size_restricted.gif

Johnsson - Hughes - Palmieri
Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Gusev - Zajac - Kuokkanen
Wood - McLeod - Bastian

Smith - Severson
Murray - Subban
Kulikov - Vatanen

Dell

*lineups are guesses right now though Lindy said Gusev and Murray will play tonight and Blackwood won't

For the Caps, here's the lineup they had yesterday. Can't find an updated one but it's probably similar. Brought to you by running Trav

vtXQGEEujx2mQFICMtTqKz9hIt6jG9zxEk6p3ZwPtAg.jpg

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Vrana-Backstrom-Wilson
Sheary-Eller-Panik
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Chara-Schultz
Orlov-Jensen

Vanecek

Here's hoping we play like we did in the 3rd last night. And congrats again to Trav! A consummate professional and embodies exactly what it means to be a Devils' player.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
For some reason I couldn't upload more than 3 pieces of media, idk if that's a new rule but I feel like I could use more before. Either way, here's a few more highlights I wanted to put in, though they're pretty much all in the Travis 1,000 games appreciation thread already

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Nice!
So what time is the game tonight I thought they had moved it to 2:00
PM or something?
It’s officially listed as 2pm, looks like the motivation was bumping the outdoor game to 7:30 EST. That’s good, I’d have missed the first period for a 12:30 start.

Great to see Travis hit that milestone. A little surprised Dell’s going today given the competition, I’d have probably let MBW do a back to back and then rested him Tuesday, but there’s enough games to make up that I’m sure such decision making is a bit brutal at the moment.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hope the lines are a little more balanced today, Zajac on Hughes’ wing should never be a thing

Reactions: glenwo2

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
For some reason I couldn't upload more than 3 pieces of media, idk if that's a new rule but I feel like I could use more before. Either way, here's a few more highlights I wanted to put in, though they're pretty much all in the Travis 1,000 games appreciation thread already

nice job, maybe live threads allow less media etc????

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Yeah Shara needs to sit for a bit. Hes not been great lately.

I think that he's been (based on an eye test) better than Kuokkanen. I think that Sharangovich (obviously) is much better than defensively but also think that Kuokkanen's production was a fluke so far. Agree that Sharangovich's offense leaves something to be desired.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maltsev has been one of our best defensive players, so I'm fine with it.

Hopefully the team has way more jump today, they were asleep yesterday.

Thrilled to see Zajac hit 1,000 games with this franchise, massive achievement.

LGD!!

Reactions: Darkauron

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think that he's been (based on an eye test) better than Kuokkanen. I think that Sharangovich (obviously) is much better than defensively but also think that Kuokkanen's production was a fluke so far. Agree that Sharangovich's offense leaves something to be desired.
Kuokkanen deserves to sit today as well, he made so many terrible giveaways yesterday.

Reactions: hidek91

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Maltsev-Zajac-Gusev 4th line maybe?

Two strong defensive players to help Goose. Maltsev definitely looks like a shoot first player which Gusev needs.

Reactions: hidek91

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anderson is by far the worst goalie we’ve faced this year. He’s 98 years old and hasn’t started a game in like 340-something days, with just one relief appearance this season.

I hope we send him to the retirement home today. Just completely embarrass him.

Glad Dell is in, but would have rather started him against the Sabres, with Blackwood in against the Capitals. I was almost convinced they were gonna throw Blackwood back in there again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad