Post-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils vs Washington Capitals: Really Late edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I also thought Santini looked really good last night... He and severson are going to take big leaps this season, which is gonna be the key to this season.

Very true, but Santini and Sev's growth has to be significant enough to offset the likely regression of Greene and guaranteed poopgas of Lovejoy.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Very true, but Santini and Sev's growth has to be significant enough to offset the likely regression of Greene and guaranteed poopgas of Lovejoy.

IMO it all depends on Cory. We will have a much improved GA if the D can be slightly better and Cory returns to putting up top goalie numbers. We can get by with that if the offense can put pucks in the net.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I was watching thinking "Was that Wood that made that ridiculous pass? No way. Did he just do it again?!? Who replaced the potato in his head with a brain?"

My immediate thought was "Is wood's new game just going to be skating really fast and throwing passes directly to the slot...because I like it"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You could make the argument Butcher doesn't sign here if Shatty is in place. But otherwise yeah a couple of meh preseason games for a vet on a new team is a non story.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
My immediate thought was "Is wood's new game just going to be skating really fast and throwing passes directly to the slot...because I like it"

Wood actually made a decent share of excellent passes last year as well. His vision isn't nearly as bad as the Wood bashing narrative demands.

He set up Hayes on numerous occasions last night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tedenby sucked! f*** him!

He burst, because he was supposed to be an offensive forward, but he sucked at offense over his last 60 NHL games, as much as he did at defense. If he actually produced some points, like he was supposed to/billed as, he might have had an NHL career. It was like Lou was trying to hold onto hope with him, then Pete would try and repel him. This was a case where I think Pete was right. The fact that our forward prospects were awful at the time, probably kept him hanging on for longer than he should have. We cut bait on Pierre Dagenais way faster than him, who didn't get nearly as much of an NHL look. Even though Dagenais was a 2nd round pick and not a 1st round pick, we must have really thought he was nice, since we actually drafted him twice.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Pretty sure Bratt has played better defensively in a couple preseason games than Tedenby ever did in 120 NHL games.
Oh he did it's just horrifying that a Tedenby was a 1st rounder and Bratt was a 6th rounder. I gotta look and see what some of the mock drafts looked like that year.

Edit: Holy f*** 2008 was a horrid year of drafting for us aside from Henrique.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Tedenby sucked! **** him!

He burst, because he was supposed to be an offensive forward, but he sucked at offense over his last 60 NHL games, as much as he did at defense. If he actually produced some points, like he was supposed to/billed as, he might have had an NHL career. It was like Lou was trying to hold onto hope with him, then Pete would try and repel him. This was a case where I think Pete was right. The fact that our forward prospects were awful at the time, probably kept him hanging on for longer than he should have. We cut bait on Pierre Dagenais way faster than him, who didn't get nearly as much of an NHL look. Even though Dagenais was a 2nd round pick and not a 1st round pick, we must have really thought he was nice, since we actually drafted him twice.

FHL legend, Pierre Dagenais.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Tedenby wasn't a bad pick at the time at all. Most places had him going in the late teens-early 20s. It's not like he was a massive reach. If anything, NJ got him at good value

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Teddy scored some sweet goals too. Yeah, his defense was absolutely abysmal, but he had some nice dangles, a very good wrister, decent slapshot and one timer. He could score pretty much any way. But his offense was too streaky for his terrible defense.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Teddy scored some sweet goals too. Yeah, his defense was absolutely abysmal, but he had some nice dangles, a very good wrister, decent slapshot and one timer. He could score pretty much any way. But his offense was too streaky for his terrible defense.
I'm going to try and say this without being a jerk...

He scored 10 goals in 120 games. He couldn't score at all.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

...and only had 30 points. That's the thing, he wasn't producing points, his positioning was awful, he had poor decision making, and defensively he was terrible. His ability to play off of other players on the team really suffered because of his terrible positioning and poor decision making. He was really more of a liability while on the ice than he ever was a benefit.

Don't get me wrong either, I don't think we reached to get him in the draft or that he was a terrible pick at the time, but he never developed at all.

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Well he was certainly diminished in his role as it became evident that he couldn't play D. I'd be willing to bet most if not all 10 goals came playing in the top 6 or with Kovy. He wasn't a guy who could make space for himself with the puck, but if he had a guy drawing the attention allowing him to get open, he knew how to finish.

I'm not saying he was a good player, I'm just saying he had the ability to finish multiple ways if you found him with space.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Tedenby was one of my man crushes, I'll admit it. Even paid a few bucks for an autographed card. There are always a few guys who flame out that I always have a spot for. He's one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad