New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Why? I don't see it. For one thing, teams are all up against the contract limit right now, who has space? Plus unless they're being acquired for the NHL they'll just end up waived.

All depends on who's waived, who's traded & who is sent down.

Are you insinuating that no one would want them in the NHL? Surely some team would want our scraps, that are surely better than their own scraps. :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah we need to shed one forward and one D assuming a 14-7-2 roster...we're anticipating move(s) and Lou's gonna troll us all by dumping two guys on IR.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Why? I don't see it. For one thing, teams are all up against the contract limit right now, who has space? Plus unless they're being acquired for the NHL they'll just end up waived.

Who has the space you say? Off the top of my head...

:flames
:avs
:isles

All have more then enough space for the Devils to make some sort of deal.

EDIT: Looking at capgeek the Sabres have around 6 mil in cap space and 22 players. A deal could be possible with them as the teams above (while with way more space) have more players on the books. Although with the Avs being a team outside our conference, needing defense (bad) and with 23 players on the books they should be the favorites when it comes to a potential trade.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If Larsson is assigned to Albany dont freak out. It may be just so Lou has time to work with

Larsson will be on this team, we just may need to get under the 23 player limit and he is the only Waiver exempt player we have

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like the last season (and pretty much the only one) when the Devils had no goons (2010-2011). That was such a wonderful year!

What on earth are you talking about? They had that clown PL3 who needlessly got himself ejected in the second game of the season leaving us even shorter on the roster. That really turned out well.

Worst coach in history, cap issues, Kovy issues - but yeah we had a crap first half because we didn't have a goon.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Larsson is assigned to Albany dont freak out. It may be just so Lou has time to work with

Larsson will be on this team, we just may need to get under the 23 player limit and he is the only Waiver exempt player we have

How could they even assign Larsson to Albany before the roster deadline? They didn't do it today. If they do it tomorrow he won't clear in time. This has to be either trade(s) or IR moves.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
How could they even assign Larsson to Albany before the roster deadline? They didn't do it today. If they do it tomorrow he won't clear in time. This has to be either trade(s) or IR moves.

Larsson doesn't have to be waived. Him sent down and Tedenby to IR makes everything work for the deadline.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson doesn't have to be waived. Him sent down and Tedenby to IR makes everything work for the deadline.

Yeah just read TG's post, he's the only one left that could be sent down by tomorrow...but then they'd still have to do something else to get Larsson back by Thursday. Which I guess would be Butlering Urbom and trying to make that switcheroo.

Moe Syzlak

Sep 27, 2009
So Janssen is the only Devil on waivers. Two more guys have to be moved.

So once again, what we are all used to as Devils fans.... Lou has something up his sleeve. We have to... you got that right.... WAIT.

Pretty sure it's just a couple of guys (Jagr, Elias or Tedenby) starting the year on IR. That will buy them some time.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Highly doubt a trade is coming.

Larsson will be " sent down " tomorrow, once the teams have their rosters set, Urbom and Gionta/Teddy/Josefson will be put on waivers before thursdays game and Adam will be back up.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Who has the space you say? Off the top of my head...

:flames
:avs
:isles

All have more then enough space for the Devils to make some sort of deal.

EDIT: Looking at capgeek the Sabres have around 6 mil in cap space and 22 players. A deal could be possible with them as the teams above (while with way more space) have more players on the books. Although with the Avs being a team outside our conference, needing defense (bad) and with 23 players on the books they should be the favorites when it comes to a potential trade.
You missed my point. Colorado has 50 players on their reserve list, Calgary has 47. Neither of them can take a contract back, so it'd have to be a player for player trade, like the Barch deal was.

Plus, they'd have to think that Urbom is worth playing over one of their defensemen, or Tedenby over one of their forwards. I'm not convinced that anybody in the NHL is going to make that assessment without first having had a chance to evaluate them in training camp (which is why I think we could waive them and they'd get through, although that's a moot point now).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Cam and Kinky on waivers and Barch traded we still need to cut two more players but like it's been said the deadline to get someone through waivers has passed.

If Lou isn't waiving anyone else then two things could be happening. Either a trade or guys are going on the IR.

I'd have to think trade because I dont think we have two guys to put on the IR at this point.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If Jagr and Elias are a no go for Thursday then my expectations are going to pretty low. Unless Fleury goes back into sieve mode, its going to be difficult to win that game.

Which is quite plausible. The Devils have always seemed to have his number.

wouldnt take Andy Greene for free cracked me up

the Rangers #4 DMan got cut from the Devils, remember that.

It's the same 6 defencemen who shut down their team in 2012. You'd think they'd have some more respect.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Andy Greene or Andrew Mcdonald? He's another really underrated guy and both emerged as important big minute defensemen for their teams over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->