New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm wondering if there's anyone that's going to be put on waivers that WE could poach. Someone that's better than Tedneby/Urbom/Gio/Harrold that we could use right away.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You have to think all GMs are looking out for something like that. I don't know how the waiver wire is situated at the beginning of the season. Does it go by last year's standings?

I just have to think a trade happens this morning. I can't see Lou backed into a corner having to waive someone he doesn't want to lose to waivers just because he couldn't make anything else happen. That would be a failure on his part.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Some good quotes from Ranger fans on the Devils
Everyone is concerned with NJ's offense but I see many more problems with their D. Adam Larsson better step up or that defense will be just as much of a joke as their offense. The only competent d-man on that team is Andy Greene, and I wouldn't take him on this team for free, because every defenseman we have in our top 6 is better than him. Bryce Salvador does an "ok" job defending, but can not do anything else. Volchenkov is slow as molasses and not nearly as feared as he once was, and provides no offense at all. Zidlicky is their MA Bergeron, he should only play on the powerplay, absolutely no other situation should he be on the ice if they want to win. Urbom is good for punching and hitting people but that's again not what the devils need, they need a puck carrier and someone to create some semblance of offense from the back. I just see them as a totally mediocre team that only has a chance because Schneider is a great goalie.

This NJ defense was the exact same as the one the beat NYR in the conference finals. Since then Larsson/Greene/Fayne have gotten only better and while Volchenkov/Salvador may of taken a step back its covered by the Schneider acquisition. The ignorance of some Ranger fans in staggering. And this guy wouldn't take Andy Greene for free?!

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Some good quotes from Ranger fans on the Devils

This NJ defense was the exact same as the one the beat NYR in the conference finals. Since then Larsson/Greene/Fayne have gotten only better and while Volchenkov/Salvador may of taken a step back its covered by the Schneider acquisition. The ignorance of some Ranger fans in staggering. And this guy wouldn't take Andy Greene for free?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh, the good ole Ranger board

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Wouldn't mind if Ted was moved, but I don't wanna give up on Josefson yet. I don't think Lou would move 2 former 1st rounders in a day

i don't think trading him is giving up on him in the sense, it just seems that way because devils have not traded any one really useful in the last few years. so for us to trade a guy we all think and want to see do good is crazy to us. but if he is packaged to bring in someone much better it would be pretty nice.

we have just gotten use to trading our fat for less fat and signing at FA. correct me if im wrong but i believe the last time we had a decent size trade where we lost guys we liked was Kovy. At the time at least.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The thing I want to see is Loktionov play over Josefson. I like Jo.... but I think Loktionov is a better hockey player and provides more offense. This team needs offense and not a guy that is going to come close to scoring 20 times and maybe get a goal or two. Met Loktionov at the barbecue yesterday. While he seems like a smaller guy, dude is absolutely jacked.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I think Lokti is better than Josefson too, but I want them both. I could see Josefson moving to wing and becoming a great two-way 3rd line lw. He'll never be the guy we thought he'd be(top 6 point producing two way player) but I think he can be a 40ish point 3rd liner.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Will we know by 12:30 who got waived? I'm going out at 12:30 and will be gone for the better part of the day.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 20s
McCarthy SJ, Pelech SJ, Tyrell TB, Angelidis TB, Taormina TB, Janssen NJ, R Hamilton EDM, Larsen EDM, N Johnson BOS, Terry CAR, Emmerton DET

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Will we know by 12:30 who got waived? I'm going out at 12:30 and will be gone for the better part of the day.

Most likely, McKenzie and LeBrun are going through them all now.

No more Stu Bickel...me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad