New Jersey Devils General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Will the last guys be waived Sunday? Or not until Monday? I always forget how this process works every year.

McKenzie just tweeted guys need to be waived by noon tomorrow. Rosters are due Monday but I guess you can't waive later then noon tomorrow EST for it to count by Monday.

So tomorrow is final decision day.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
McKenzie just tweeted guys need to be waived by noon tomorrow. Rosters are due Monday but I guess you can't waive later then noon tomorrow EST for it to count by Monday.

So tomorrow is final decision day.

Nice! Please dear god, waive Janssen, waive Janssen! Wave goodbye to Janssen!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nice! Please dear god, waive Janssen, waive Janssen! Wave goodbye to Janssen!

So unless Lou has some IR trickery going guys are being waved by too. Any trade is being worked on now or never too (in regards to what happens to Urbom)

Mckenzie also stating examples of teams that will be waiving some good talent tomorrow. If anyone is even able to make claims there will be bigger fish to grab then our guys.

Semak

Looking at it that possibly Elias and maybe Jagr won't be in the line up on opening night, you would have to think Tedenby and Loktionov would be the pair to go in as opposed to Gionta and Janssen. Although Pete loves his Gionta, Lou is making the call.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looking at it that possibly Elias and maybe Jagr won't be in the line up on opening night, you would have to think Tedenby and Loktionov would be the pair to go in as opposed to Gionta and Janssen. Although Pete loves his Gionta, Lou is making the call.

Funny how the preseason went as we all thought it was more likely
Jagr missed opening night but it seems from what I read he might play and Elias won't.

I do agree if both miss Loki is in but I'm not sure Tedy is in over Gio. Unlike all the JJ vs Gio comparisons that were discussed at length. I think Tedy and Gio are at the moment a lot closer to each other.

I still think Tedy has the higher ceiling but I'm not sure he will ever reach it. Right now I don't know who id rather want in either. Especially in a 4th line role.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If Jagr and Elias are a no go for Thursday then my expectations are going to pretty low. Unless Fleury goes back into sieve mode, its going to be difficult to win that game.

MJB Devils23*

It's only the first game of the season regardless. Don't rush Elias back just so we can have him for the first game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Jagr and Elias are a no go for Thursday then my expectations are going to pretty low. Unless Fleury goes back into sieve mode, its going to be difficult to win that game.

If Marty is still in preseason/October form, forget about it.

NC107*

If the Devils waive Janssen I can't believe that any other team would want him.

I don't think Elias will be in the opening game but I do expect Jagr to play. I also expect Schneider in goal if they want to win. Marty has enough on his mind.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Janssen and Gio both are on 2 way contracts

They are not getting waived

Janssen will clear waivers so that doesn't matter.

Look around, there are a dozen teams in the exact same position of having to reduce roster size and make players clear waivers...hardly anyone will be poached. It's not a big deal it happens every preseason.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
One way vs two way has nothing to do with waivers

I'm under the assumption players on 2 ways deals don't have to pass through waivers correct depending on the # of games played

Difference is just $$ pay between leagues

Last edited:

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
hopefully lou keeps the players he needs to and doesnt lose anyone to poachers. i expect to see jagr in like 65 games this year. and im being generous.

Semak

Funny how the preseason went as we all thought it was more likely
Jagr missed opening night but it seems from what I read he might play and Elias won't.

I do agree if both miss Loki is in but I'm not sure Tedy is in over Gio. Unlike all the JJ vs Gio comparisons that were discussed at length. I think Tedy and Gio are at the moment a lot closer to each other.

I still think Tedy has the higher ceiling but I'm not sure he will ever reach it. Right now I don't know who id rather want in either. Especially in a 4th line role.

Maybe I should've been a bit more clear. I was to alluding to the final roster. Harrold is presumably the 7th D, Janssen and Urbom get waived/sent down. That leaves Gionta, Tedenby and Loktionov based on the pecking order as the three fighting for the last two spots. Of course assuming Josefson and Olesz are secure in their spots.

Role wise, yes Gionta should stick to be on the fourth line, but I think his two-way helps sway the decision Tedenby's way.

If Elias can go or will only miss one game or two, then Gionta goes. Or Lou can IR Elias and/or Jagr and keep all three and delay it another week.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm under the assumption players on 2 ways deals don't have to pass through waivers correct depending on the # of games played

Difference is just $$ pay between leagues

They absolutely have to go through waivers. The 'only' difference between a two-way and a one-way is AHL salary. That has nothing to do with waiver rights, and Gio/Janssen are way above the age-games played limits to be waiver exempt.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Nobody is going to claim Cam Jam. I'm sure every team in the NHL already has a player(s) that are capable of fighting AND playing hockey or worst case scenario they have somebody in the AHL.

I could see Gionta getting claimed as he could be a solid 4th line winger on a team with poor depth but if we have to we have to.

I would start the season with the Jagr/Elias uncertainty and a early Western road trip with:
Marty, Schneider
Larsson, Greene, Salvador, Fayne, Volchenkov, Zidlicky, Urbom
Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Jagr, Ryder, Clowe, Zubrus, Loktionov, Brunner, Josefson, Carter, Olesz, Bernier,

+ one of Harrold/Tedenby or if someone is on IR to begin the season both. I have a feeling we will need some D guys (Urbom & Harrold) to step in for some older guys as well as Tedenby/Josefson/Olesz if Jagr/Elias don't begin the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad