GDT: NEW JERSEY DEVILS (5-7-5) at new york rangers (9-8-0): HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM! edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I can't explain why but since we are facing the Rangers this thread deserves a montage.

I'd say hopefully the team is playing this epicness in the locker room but you'd have to be a pretty big nerd to understand. Plus I don't know if any hockey players even know what DBZ is let alone watch it.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
The worst thing about Rosen is that he is utterly, 100% incapable of saying anything positive about the opposition without adding on some major praise for something a Ranger did. Nevermind if somebody dangles and blows past a Rags defenseman, he'll praise the defenseman for not falling down or something. It's insufferable.

When he's calling playoff games with other teams or something it's not so noticeable, which makes me think it's a mandate from the Dolans or whatever.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm most excited for the rats. Those little guys have been loyal residence to that dump for years. They deserved some new digs.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
Boss just handed me two of his club seats to the game tonight. "Don't wear your Devils jersey in my seats" he said.

eb7GTHG.gif

ILikeItVeryMuch*

I enjoy Rosen, he is much like Doc with his professionalism. He was best paired with JD, of course. It is a shame Rosen does mostly west coast NFL games, he is very good calling football as well.

Homer Joe, much like Chico, has become unbearable to listen to. The difference is that I am biased towards Chico, much like I would be if I had a failure of a son, no matter what you need to love and defend him.

Joe is the prototypical homer for hire, the biggest misconception about him is that he is a Rangers fan. Not at all. The guy is a mercenary, many forget that he was the Islanders color man for years. If anything he is great at what he does, over fluffs the team that pays his salary, while baffling opposing fans with his cheese.

If you could shape the Madison Square Garden hype machine into a human form and put it in a suit, it would resemble Homer Joe.

Trautwig on the other hand is basically Joe without the charm, incredibly unlikable. I have legit memories of myself as a child watching Yankees broadcasts on MSG and getting ****** chills from Al.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Chico might be nonsensical, and he's a homer, but he does it in a very non-aggressive fashion and is generally pleasant to listen to.

Some color guys (Boston, Pittsburgh) are like nails on a chalk board when talking about the opponent and lauding their own players.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
I enjoy Rosen, he is much like Doc with his professionalism. He was best paired with JD, of course. It is a shame Rosen does mostly west coast NFL games, he is very good calling football as well.

Homer Joe, much like Chico, has become unbearable to listen to. The difference is that I am biased towards Chico, much like I would be if I had a failure of a son, no matter what you need to love and defend him.

Joe is the prototypical homer for hire, the biggest misconception about him is that he is a Rangers fan. Not at all. The guy is a mercenary, many forget that he was the Islanders color man for years. If anything he is great at what he does, over fluffs the team that pays his salary, while baffling opposing fans with his cheese.

I can't argue with a word of this. Well done.

Will say this, as a color guy, Joe does notice EVERYTHING on the ice. But that's what color guys are supposed to do.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Steggy (Not a nickname out of respect, I honestly forget how to spell his name) is absolutely rotten. The best is when the Penguins are actually losing a game and he resorts to basically slander about players, fans and cities.

During that Devils win streak against the Penguins a few years back he was in rare form.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Some color guys (Boston, Pittsburgh) are like nails on a chalk board when talking about the opponent and lauding their own players.

Jack Edwards has me on the fence. He calls an excellent game but becomes a child at the drop of a hat.

It is nice talking about commentators, it is distracting me from my utter lack of confidence going into this game tonight.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
msg production is awful overall.

they didn't even bother to saw the HHOF introductions at the Toronto game. lacking any sense, but hey most of you got to listen to Deb blabber on for an extra 5 minutes.

**** that noise. channel is only good for the cash, everything else is piss poor.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
Steggy (Not a nickname out of respect, I honestly forget how to spell his name) is absolutely rotten. The best is when the Penguins are actually losing a game and he resorts to basically slander about players, fans and cities.

During that Devils win streak against the Penguins a few years back he was in rare form.

Yeah, for all of you that have a problem with Sam, or Joe, or Chico, give a listen to the announcers/color guys from Pittsburgh, Buffalo or Tampa Bay. I ASSURE you, you'll have a new appreciation and respect for our local guys.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Speaking of coverage, I was shocked that the Devils got about 30-35 minutes of radio postgame after the last home game. Almost lasted my entire ride back to the Shore.

It must be in the new contract, but the Devils have had a lot more exposure and advertising on WFAN lately. As usual the hockey talk is limited to Boomer trying to shoehorn the Rangers into anything he can, and Carton ignoring him.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Jack Edwards has me on the fence. He calls an excellent game but becomes a child at the drop of a hat.

It is nice talking about commentators, it is distracting me from my utter lack of confidence going into this game tonight.

I have actually gotten well accustomed to Jack Edwards. He plays it up for entertainment, and sometimes can cross the line, but he certainly has a lot of enthusiasm for the game overall and doesn't sound like you just shot his mother when the opposing team scores unlike Steggy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It is well documented during any Penguins game that we all can't stand Steggy. He is easily the worst in the business. He is completely and totally unbearable.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steggo also calls ever penalty on the Penguins a dive. Can't stand him.

I don't like the Panthers guys either. I just think they're jackasses.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Can't wait to get out of work and head to the game.. Going with the vintage Stevens jersey tonight. Let's go Devils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad