Proposal: New Jersey-Colorado

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I mean, thats fine but the Sens literally got a top LHD prospect like 6 months ago in a trade so

who is also now in their lineup

There is a bit of a difference between acquiring an unproven 19 year old LHD prospect like Brannstrom, and acquiring a monster 24 year old with almost 300 NHL games on his resume.

Reactions: MarkT

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd rather just wait to see if he makes it to July 1st. Zadorov probably isn't long in Colorado but I don't think they're going to want to get rid of a top four defenseman before the playoffs. The Zadorov move probably comes during the summer when they know Byram is going to take the jump.

Jost is probably easier to take out of the lineup mid season.

Now if you'd be interested in Jost + 1st + prospect. I'd be more interested in that mid season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatorbait19

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Value of this deal favors Colorado but I still doubt Sakic does it. Zadorov is very important. Hall is a better hockey player by 4 million times but he doesn’t have a contract behind this year. I also doubt Sakic would be willing to give him a deal more than 4 years with his injury history while Hall is certainly going to want long term history.

I see the fit for Taylor Hall on this year’s Avalanche squad. He’d be great. However I just don’t see the long term fit working out.

Props to OP on value. I think Hall will probably return even better than this proposal by the time the deal happens.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
As much as I love big Z, I don’t think he’s on the team in two years. I’d rather lose him like this than in the expansion draft.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I would consider this around the deadline if Timmins is ready to come up. In the interim if we lose EJ then we're shot defensively were Zads to be traded.

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
Can't believe there are Avs fans saying 'No' to this. They are correct Zadorov brings something unique, but we could re-acquire that at the TDL if throughout the season it looks like we have a hole. This is an easy yes for me. Zadorov is probably Seattle bait, and Jost hasn't been good enough thus far in his career to justify refusing this trade.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can't believe there are Avs fans saying 'No' to this. They are correct Zadorov brings something unique, but we could re-acquire that at the TDL if throughout the season it looks like we have a hole. This is an easy yes for me. Zadorov is probably Seattle bait, and Jost hasn't been good enough thus far in his career to justify refusing this trade.

Oh the value is undoubtedly definitely in the Avs' favour, easily so. Don't think anyone can question that. Even if Hall is a rental he should still be able to fetch a 1st+good prospect.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

And who would be available at the deadline that would replace Zadorov? It's not like there's a bunch of gigantic, hitting machines that can skate roaming around.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Seems high for a rental and at the same time a low return for Taylor Hall. I’d call that about as even as possible.

secondary scoring with a Hall - Kadri line would be near impossible to match up against. I pray this doesn’t happen

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hall
McLeod

For

2020 1st
Jost
Cole

?
For obvious reasons teams don't trade significant roster players for rentals, period. The point of trading for a rental is for a playoff push. So no Cole and no Zadorov. Jost is a different story since Hall would replace him but even him is unlikely to get traded.

Rentals = picks and prospects.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Avs were 1-8-3 last year without Zadorov. We already start 2 rookies and sent a 3rd down to AHL last week. We’re not trading Zadorov right now.

Reactions: DallasGaume

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Value is fair, but unlikely by the AVs without a pre-arranged contract.

Losing both Zadorov and Jost for 1 season is a high price to pay. This was the reason Barrie was moved. Rumoured that Panarin was offered a shorter term deal, a similar offer would likely be for Hall. Doubt Sakic will make such a deal without any assurances and less of a chance by Hall. AVs are likely to pursue in the offseason.

So this would be a No!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I don't want to trade Hall unless he is clear that he's not coming back. It's too early for that.

However we need a guy like Zadarov... and I think Colorado is the Devils biggest competition as far as signing Hall as a UFA.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->