New J18-Players 2020-2021 (Players Born 2004)

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
This is somewhat off topic but how are clubs compensated for young players leaving for bigger clubs at this age? I'm sure they dont get huge transfer fees but it must hurt small clubs to have promising prospects leave at such a young age

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
This is somewhat off topic but how are clubs compensated for young players leaving for bigger clubs at this age? I'm sure they dont get huge transfer fees but it must hurt small clubs to have promising prospects leave at such a young age

No, but there are exceptions.
If a young player later signs a NHL contract, the transfer amount, according to the agreement between NHL and Swedish icehockey association, is divided by all clubs for which the player played for during the four seasons prior to the NHL signing. This does in fact only render money to the small clubs for major prospects that sign their NHL contract right after the draft. Then the young player played 3 junior seasons for the SHL club, and one season for the small club, so 1/4 of the transfer amount to the small club. Most NHL drafted players end up playing one or two seasons in Sweden before signing the NHL contract and then all of the amount goes to the SHL club.

Reactions: canucklax

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
No, but there are exceptions.
If a young player later signs a NHL contract, the transfer amount, according to the agreement between NHL and Swedish icehockey association, is divided by all clubs for which the player played for during the four seasons prior to the NHL signing. This does in fact only render money to the small clubs for major prospects that sign their NHL contract right after the draft. Then the young player played 3 junior seasons for the SHL club, and one season for the small club, so 1/4 of the transfer amount to the small club. Most NHL drafted players end up playing one or two seasons in Sweden before signing the NHL contract and then all of the amount goes to the SHL club.
Thank you, I didnt know that about the agreement. I'm glad the smaller clubs can still benefit in some way.

I love ishockey 1

Dec 4, 2020
Thread made for speculation and news regarding new J18 players 2020-21, born 2004. (Hockeygymnasium)

Please share rumours and confirmed transfers, you can also mail me rumors or transfers.
Highlight rumors in italics.

I will make an summary on the first page.

AIK
Tim Almgren (FW) Enköping SK
William Rosenfors (FW) Wings HC

Brynäs IF
Isak Åhrlin (D) Brynäs IF
Anton Ohlsson (FW) Brynäs IF

Djurgården
Calle Odelius (D) Södertälje SK
Noah Östlund (FW) Södertälje SK

Frölunda
Teodor Forssander (FW) Bäcken HC
Oscar Pantzare (D) IFK Täby

Linköping
Andreas Wagner (D) Nyköping
Fabian Wagner (D) Nyköping
William Lagerqvist (FW) Mjölby HC

Modo
Jakob Norén (D) Modo
Helmer Styf (FW) Modo

Skellefteå
Frans Haara (D) Övertorneå/HaparandaTornio
Philip Törmä (FW) Kiruna IF
Sebastian Kjellen (FW) Borås HC

Örebro
Albin Pedersen (FW) AIK
Tim Almgren (FW) AIK

hej har du kolla på några spelare födda 2005 som är klara för olika hg nästa säsong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad