New J18-players 2018-2019 (players born 2002)

RipTheNet

Dec 11, 2017
Heard rumors that players with done deals with Karlskrona are trying to switch as Karlskrona will not play J18 Elit next year - fully understandably in a way - any thoughts or knowledge on that?

Isak G

Mar 26, 2018
Update on region East 02 - unsigned/unromured skaters

A few pieces of information have reached me regarding the future some of the skaters. List updated below

Nacka did well in the U16 SM this weekend, and 6-7 of the skaters in that team did a good job market themselves.

Level of puzzlement: BIG

F Molin Bjork, DIF
F/D Arpe, Taby – Might be Timra then. If so, good for them!
F Ekefjard, Taby – Listed for Bjorkloven above

F Linder, Nacka
F S. Andersson, GIMO – rumored to Almtuna

Level of puzzlement: MEDIUM

D Korduner, SDE
F Munck, SDE
D Stegfeldt, Arlanda – likely to stay in Arlanda
D Jacobsson, Arlanda – to VIK

F Unger, Haninge
D F. Lundqvist, Haninge – to SSK
F Hallvik, Vallentuna
F Sandell, Enkoping – likely to stay in Enkoping
F Melin, Nacka
D Karlsson, Nacka

Level of puzzlement: MINOR

F O. Sjolander, SSK - (haven’t seen him in 2017/18 but he was a great impact player, nice combo of grind and skill, season before? Is he injured?)
F Westberg, Taby
D Thorén, Taby – rumored to Ostersund
F Hybinette, Nacka
F/D Heiskanen, Nacka
F/D Westerlund, Gota
F Kaiser, Gota
F B. Sjodin, Haninge
D Kristiansson, Nacka
I know that each of the Nacka players on the list except D Karlsson and F Melin are going to play for Nacka j18 next season

Nautilus

Mar 15, 2018
When will all the HG present next seasons J18 players? Are all teams ready yet? Heard that some of them have started pre-season training with the new ones already...

Reactions: Rock the red

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
I know that each of the Nacka players on the list except D Karlsson and F Melin are going to play for Nacka j18 next season

Good for Nacka! It seems like they will be a strong contender for the eastern j18 allsvenskan spots also for next season. This year they did excellent, amazing goalie performances and a fairly strong skater side took them further than consensus expectations. A possible challenge for next year is to fully replace 00 goalies Chrona and Nygårds. 02 promotions will fully replace 00 on skater side, given that 01 (Soderlund, Frantz, Wrembom, Martiniussen and more continues to develop at good pace). Really nice to see an underdog club (in comparisson to DIF, AIK, SSK, Almtuna and to some extent Huddinge) overachieve.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Good for Nacka! It seems like they will be a strong contender for the eastern j18 allsvenskan spots also for next season. This year they did excellent, amazing goalie performances and a fairly strong skater side took them further than consensus expectations. A possible challenge for next year is to fully replace 00 goalies Chrona and Nygårds. 02 promotions will fully replace 00 on skater side, given that 01 (Soderlund, Frantz, Wrembom, Martiniussen and more continues to develop at good pace). Really nice to see an underdog club (in comparisson to DIF, AIK, SSK, Almtuna and to some extent Huddinge) overachieve.

Not so surprised they qualified for J18Allsvenskan this season. And next season they will do it again almost certainly.

However, taking 3rd i J18Allsvenskan Norra, going 10-4-4 and +31 is astonishing. I suppose they had a somewhat larger share of 00-players playing big minutes compared to many opponents, but on the other hand someone told me they had a total of four (!) TV-pucken players in the roster...

Obviously they must be doing some things right in Nacka. And it also likely tells something about the selection process at many NIU HG's.....and the (non-) importance of TV-pucken?

Reactions: Fredrik Nordkvist

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Follow up (part 2) on unknowned 2018-19 destinations for good 02 skaters from Region East

F Molin Bjork, DIF – to Almtuna
F/D Arpe, Taby – rumored to Modo or Timrå
F Ekefjard, Taby – to Björklöven
F Linder, Nacka – stays in Nacka
F S. Andersson, GIMO – rumored to Almtuna and Sundsvall

D Korduner, SDE
F Munck, SDE
D Stegfeldt, Arlanda – stays in Arlanda

F Unger, Haninge
F Hallvik, Vallentuna
F Melin, Nacka
D Karlsson, Nacka

F O. Sjolander, SSK - (haven’t seen him in 2017/18 but he was a great impact player, nice combo of grind and skill, season before? Is he injured?)
F Westberg, Taby – to Ostersund
D Thorén, Taby – to Ostersund
F Hybinette, Nacka– stays in Nacka
F/D Heiskanen, Nacka– stays in Nacka

F/D Westerlund, Gota
F Kaiser, Gota
F B. Sjodin, Haninge
D Kristiansson, Nacka– stays in Nacka

Mar 15, 2018
Wings HC J18 new players, as published on the webpage:

From Wings 02
Lukas Prskalo
Erik Smeds
Elhan Egdhami
Anton Jansson

From Wings 03
Corneliz Lindstedt
Liam Valente
Markus Aaw

From Gimo 02
Philip Hägerström

From Djurgården 02
Isac Korduner

pn27

Mar 16, 2018
Örebro
Leksands IF has announced the Roster for the J18 Elite Team.

www.svenskalag.se/lifj18elit/truppen

www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?year0=2019&team=589

New players:
Albin Ingman, D, Grums
Arvid Eljas, Fw, Leksands IF (2003)
Erik Hedlund, Fw, Smedjebacken HC
Davis Rosander, D, Vänersborg
Hampus Engman, Fw, Brynäs IF
Isak Posch, G, IF Björklöven
Isak Rosén, Fw, Leksands IF (2003)
Isak Wallén, D, Hedemora SK
Lukas Lithén, Fw, Huddinge IK
Oliver Åkelid, D, Brynäs IF
Oskar Klaar, Fw, Hudiksvall HC
Simon Hedlund, Fw, Brynäs IF
Wille Bärehag, Fw, Köping HC

Reactions: Fredrik Nordkvist

Isak G

Mar 26, 2018
Follow up (part 2) on unknowned 2018-19 destinations for good 02 skaters from Region East

F Molin Bjork, DIF – to Almtuna
F/D Arpe, Taby – rumored to Modo or Timrå
F Ekefjard, Taby – to Björklöven
F Linder, Nacka – stays in Nacka
F S. Andersson, GIMO – rumored to Almtuna and Sundsvall

D Korduner, SDE
F Munck, SDE
D Stegfeldt, Arlanda – stays in Arlanda

F Unger, Haninge
F Hallvik, Vallentuna
F Melin, Nacka
D Karlsson, Nacka

F Westberg, Taby – to Ostersund
D Thorén, Taby – to Ostersund
F Hybinette, Nacka– stays in Nacka
F/D Heiskanen, Nacka– stays in Nacka

F/D Westerlund, Gota
F Kaiser, Gota
F B. Sjodin, Haninge
D Kristiansson, Nacka– stays in Nacka
F Melin and D Karlsson from Nacka are Playing for Lidingö Vikings hc next season

mctrademaster

May 16, 2018
F Melin and D Karlsson from Nacka are Playing for Lidingö Vikings hc next season
I heard that S.Andersson Gimo --> Hudiksvall J18 Elite.
I also heard that Jagemyr will stay in Grums J18 next season. What a suprise for a top prospect in Sweden.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He is listed on Frölunda HC J18 roster for next season on Eliteprospects.

I was so sure I saw something on their website where they listed all the new players for HG and he was on there but now I can't find it.

KB67

Dec 11, 2017
I was so sure I saw something on their website where they listed all the new players for HG and he was on there but now I can't find it.

upload_2018-5-17_8-36-4.png

Nautilus

Mar 15, 2018
Örebro
Emil Holmström, (G), Nacka (Started one year ahead in hg and Örebro)
Gustav Stjärnberg (D), SDE
William Eriksson (D) AIK
Max Höft (D), Norrtälje IK
Hannes Wenell (D), Örebro
Martin Eriksson (D), Örebro
Max Eklund (F), Örebro
Norton Åbom(F), SDE
Oscar Sohrner(F), Täby HC
Kim Miller (F), Djurgården
Alfred Lindberg (F), Örebro
Knut Köhler (F), Linköping HC
Filip Barklund (F), AIK
Jacob Ericsson Järlström (F), Örebro

Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Örebro
Gustav Stjärnberg (D), SDE
William Eriksson (D) AIK
Max Höft (D), Norrtälje IK
Hannes Wenell (D), Örebro
Martin Eriksson (D), Örebro
Max Eklund (F), Örebro
Norton Åbom(F), SDE
Oscar Sohrner(F), Täby HC
Kim Miller (F), Djurgården
Alfred Lindberg (F), Örebro
Knut Köhler (F), Linköping HC
Filip Barklund (F), AIK
Jacob Ericsson Järlström (F), Örebro

And Emil Holmström, the goalie from Nacka, moved there one year earlier to start school one year ahead. Eight guys from the Stockholm area in one year is quite impressive, almost Djurgården levels.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
And Emil Holmström, the goalie from Nacka, moved there one year earlier to start school one year ahead. Eight guys from the Stockholm area in one year is quite impressive, almost Djurgården levels.

Agree, good intake, especially forwards. However the question is what this says about development quality in Stockholm (excl DIF)?

Nautilus

Mar 15, 2018
Sorry, added goalie Emil Holmström to the list. Easy to forget since he already teamed up with Örebro one year ago.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Agree, good intake, especially forwards. However the question is what this says about development quality in Stockholm (excl DIF)?

Yes, seems like Orebro’s signing of Jorgen Hagg really pays off. As former coach of Sthlm North (where he coached 5 of the 02-players above) and AIK he sure knows which talents to lure from Stockholm. Especially the flashy Abom, the rock-steady Sohrner and the playmaking talent Barklund are very promising and losing them is a big loss for the attractiveness of J18 East 2018-19.

The fact the Stockholm/Region East loose players to other regions HG’s (and especially SHL clubs) is nothing strange. There are approx. 700 kids born in 2002 playing hockey in the Eastern region (Gotland not included). A majority of these 700 players are ambitious i.e. looking for best possible option when it comes to future J18 team and development. In the region there is one SHL team (DIF), three Allsvenskan team (AIK, SSK and AIF) and one Div 1 team (HIK) that runs HG´s (NIU). Given that there are in total a demand of some 50-60 HG spots in the region and a supply of 700 players, the outflow of promising players from the eastern region is bound to be substantial.

The SHL team (DIF) is the only one that could challenge clubs like HV, Frolunda, FBK, Vaxjo, LHF and Orebro in the race for the very best and most ambitious talents. Unfortunately, that’s only on the paper, because when it comes to training facilities, residentials and schools, the regional cities are economical superior to the expensive inner-city Stockholm. In addition to that, Clubs in regional cities often are supported by hockey friendly municipalities which give them an edge when it comes to the physical and economic environment of their programs and solid bases for their economies. The municipalities in Stockholm County are not hockey friendly– trust me, you will never see a municipality in or around the greater Stockholm give away centrally located land (including sufficient planning and building permission) almost for free to a hockey club (for the club to build an “own” arena). Still Djurgarden’s intake for 2018-19 is good, really good. I think they overachieved if you consider the players alternatives, some of the players must have followed their hearts and rejected an easier HG life in other parts of Sweden. Perhaps they missed 2-3 players they really wanted (went to Linkoping and HV), but in the end Djurgården would be able to dress a J18 team that will win J18 East quite easy (if they want).

Allsvenska AIK should have a strong recruiting prestige in the greater Stockholm area and the resources are not bad if you isolate the hockey part. They have an excellent training facility in Ritorp and a lot of hockey knowledge/culture. But the club’s economy and the rest of their HG offer (resi, school, food) is not in par with the powerful SHL clubs, for example Orebro. However, loosing Barklund and not be able to convince the Abom and Sohrner to stay close to their families must feel like failures to the AIK recruiting team. Nevertheless also AIK had a strong intake of 02: s, as they could pick the gems of a fairly strong U16 team (2017-18), that together with the 01:s should be really good.

A bit lower on the recruiting prestige scale are Allsvenska SSK and Almtuna. SSK also benefitted from a fairly strong U16 team (2017-18). In addition to the promotions from that team they complemented with strong d-men from southern Stockholm. Almtuna, on the other hand, did not trust a strong U16 team and only promoted a few players. Instead they signed other talents mainly from Uppland.

Huddinge has not yet reviled their intake but they often overachieve when picking up the best of what Djurgården left on the table, although might be that Nacka (LIU) could give them a fight for some players after a strong 2017-18.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Yes, seems like Orebro’s signing of Jorgen Hagg really pays off. As former coach of Sthlm North (where he coached 5 of the 02-players above) and AIK he sure knows which talents to lure from Stockholm. Especially the flashy Abom, the rock-steady Sohrner and the playmaking talent Barklund are very promising and losing them is a big loss for the attractiveness of J18 East 2018-19.

The fact the Stockholm/Region East loose players to other regions HG’s (and especially SHL clubs) is nothing strange. There are approx. 700 kids born in 2002 playing hockey in the Eastern region (Gotland not included). A majority of these 700 players are ambitious i.e. looking for best possible option when it comes to future J18 team and development. In the region there is one SHL team (DIF), three Allsvenskan team (AIK, SSK and AIF) and one Div 1 team (HIK) that runs HG´s (NIU). Given that there are in total a demand of some 50-60 HG spots in the region and a supply of 700 players, the outflow of promising players from the eastern region is bound to be substantial.

The SHL team (DIF) is the only one that could challenge clubs like HV, Frolunda, FBK, Vaxjo, LHF and Orebro in the race for the very best and most ambitious talents. Unfortunately, that’s only on the paper, because when it comes to training facilities, residentials and schools, the regional cities are economical superior to the expensive inner-city Stockholm. In addition to that, Clubs in regional cities often are supported by hockey friendly municipalities which give them an edge when it comes to the physical and economic environment of their programs and solid bases for their economies. The municipalities in Stockholm County are not hockey friendly– trust me, you will never see a municipality in or around the greater Stockholm give away centrally located land (including sufficient planning and building permission) almost for free to a hockey club (for the club to build an “own” arena). Still Djurgarden’s intake for 2018-19 is good, really good. I think they overachieved if you consider the players alternatives, some of the players must have followed their hearts and rejected an easier HG life in other parts of Sweden. Perhaps they missed 2-3 players they really wanted (went to Linkoping and HV), but in the end Djurgården would be able to dress a J18 team that will win J18 East quite easy (if they want).

Allsvenska AIK should have a strong recruiting prestige in the greater Stockholm area and the resources are not bad if you isolate the hockey part. They have an excellent training facility in Ritorp and a lot of hockey knowledge/culture. But the club’s economy and the rest of their HG offer (resi, school, food) is not in par with the powerful SHL clubs, for example Orebro. However, loosing Barklund and not be able to convince the Abom and Sohrner to stay close to their families must feel like failures to the AIK recruiting team. Nevertheless also AIK had a strong intake of 02: s, as they could pick the gems of a fairly strong U16 team (2017-18), that together with the 01:s should be really good.

A bit lower on the recruiting prestige scale are Allsvenska SSK and Almtuna. SSK also benefitted from a fairly strong U16 team (2017-18). In addition to the promotions from that team they complemented with strong d-men from southern Stockholm. Almtuna, on the other hand, did not trust a strong U16 team and only promoted a few players. Instead they signed other talents mainly from Uppland.

Huddinge has not yet reviled their intake but they often overachieve when picking up the best of what Djurgården left on the table, although might be that Nacka (LIU) could give them a fight for some players after a strong 2017-18.

Wow, that was one of the longest pieces of bull I have ever read. Don't know where to start. AIK's intake of 02's is weak. Does not consist of "gems from a strong U16-team", rather the leftovers from a fairly mediocre U-16 team. And only one non-AIK player. They stand a clear risk of missing J18-Allsvenskan yet again. No DIF-players in Huddinge it seems - but in Wings, Vännäs and Östersund for example. Almtuna was actually a pretty good U16 team and Uppland as a district was strong overall in 02. Hägg had no clue, put together a dysfunctional team in TV-pucken with quite a few key players missing and embarrassed the district in the tournament. Etc etc etc etc etc etc.

But whatever. Maybe I need to be more precise in my question. Hockey kids are fleeing Stockholm. With eyepopping magnitude and on all levels, from stars to wannabes. Why is this?

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Mr Brasar, you seem to be a bit aggressive and upset. I’ll try to pick up some of the knifes that you are throwing

I think I just answered why the players are leaving…but lets try again

1. Regional Supply overshoots the regional demand by far (approx 700 players in the East compete for 10-12 spots at 5 clubs, of which only one has SHL status)
2. Only one SHL team to compete for (ambitious young players aim high…you could argue different, but I guess you are older than 15)
3. AIK/SSK/AIF/HIK total HG offers are not even close to what the best players get from SHL clubs, or even Allsvenskan clubs, from the regional cities. Living, studying and training all within 10 min is not possible in Stockholm. Very cheap/free rent (or cost of living) won’t happen either.
4. Stockholm clubs just don’t have the resources to compete for players from outside Stockholm with clubs from regional cities that are,
a) …acting in markets where land is less valuable (results in better training facilities/cheaper housing)
b) …fully supported by politicians that finds a strong hockey team to be good for the municpality (non of the 26 municipalities in Stockholm County could/would prioritize hockey before any other sport)
c) …already playing in SHL (which give them SEK 40 million annually in the latest TV-deal, compared to SEK 4 million (SSK, AIK, AIF)
5. They kids that are leaving is 15 years old. They want to have fun. It might be fun to move away from home (no parents to argue about when to go to bed and turn off computer/phones), play hockey and meet new friends. I can fully understand the Stockholm kids that move to a smaller town if they don’t get a spot at Djurgådens or perhaps AIKs HG.

AIKs intake is not weak - maybe not strong as I wrote above but somewhere in middle. Goalie Wikman alone would make most other swedish clubs jealous until tears. The D-men are good skaters, strong and solid. F/C might be more of hard working, gritty kind of players than playmakers, but still good, useful players with good skating ablilties and excellent work ethics. Reimer will be a good fit, he has a nice shoot and don’t seem to hesitate to show that. As I wrote before the AIK recruiters surely hoped for a better outcome when it comes to attracting players from northern Stockholm. Going back 10 years, they would most likely have clinched most of the star players that played for Taby, SDE and AIK in U16.

I don’t follow your thoughts when you say that Almtuna had a pretty good U16 team and AIK was a fairly mediocre team? Did you even watch the games in U16 last season? As I wrote in my post above I also saw Almtunas u16 as strong team (although very much dependent on the 03:s) and was a bit surprised that they didn’t promote more players from that team.

Your insults of Hagg is up to you…you might have done better but I doubt it…are you by any chance related to the SDE defenders that you missed in the Sthlm North -02?

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Mr Brasar, you seem to be a bit aggressive and upset. I’ll try to pick up some of the knifes that you are throwing

I think I just answered why the players are leaving…but lets try again

1. Regional Supply overshoots the regional demand by far (approx 700 players in the East compete for 10-12 spots at 5 clubs, of which only one has SHL status)
2. Only one SHL team to compete for (ambitious young players aim high…you could argue different, but I guess you are older than 15)
3. AIK/SSK/AIF/HIK total HG offers are not even close to what the best players get from SHL clubs, or even Allsvenskan clubs, from the regional cities. Living, studying and training all within 10 min is not possible in Stockholm. Very cheap/free rent (or cost of living) won’t happen either.
4. Stockholm clubs just don’t have the resources to compete for players from outside Stockholm with clubs from regional cities that are,
a) …acting in markets where land is less valuable (results in better training facilities/cheaper housing)
b) …fully supported by politicians that finds a strong hockey team to be good for the municpality (non of the 26 municipalities in Stockholm County could/would prioritize hockey before any other sport)
c) …already playing in SHL (which give them SEK 40 million annually in the latest TV-deal, compared to SEK 4 million (SSK, AIK, AIF)
5. They kids that are leaving is 15 years old. They want to have fun. It might be fun to move away from home (no parents to argue about when to go to bed and turn off computer/phones), play hockey and meet new friends. I can fully understand the Stockholm kids that move to a smaller town if they don’t get a spot at Djurgådens or perhaps AIKs HG.

AIKs intake is not weak - maybe not strong as I wrote above but somewhere in middle. Goalie Wikman alone would make most other swedish clubs jealous until tears. The D-men are good skaters, strong and solid. F/C might be more of hard working, gritty kind of players than playmakers, but still good, useful players with good skating ablilties and excellent work ethics. Reimer will be a good fit, he has a nice shoot and don’t seem to hesitate to show that. As I wrote before the AIK recruiters surely hoped for a better outcome when it comes to attracting players from northern Stockholm. Going back 10 years, they would most likely have clinched most of the star players that played for Taby, SDE and AIK in U16.

I don’t follow your thoughts when you say that Almtuna had a pretty good U16 team and AIK was a fairly mediocre team? Did you even watch the games in U16 last season? As I wrote in my post above I also saw Almtunas u16 as strong team (although very much dependent on the 03:s) and was a bit surprised that they didn’t promote more players from that team.

Your insults of Hagg is up to you…you might have done better but I doubt it…are you by any chance related to the SDE defenders that you missed in the Sthlm North -02?

Sorry, no intention to come across as aggressive or upset. Just provocative. Forums are good for that, but tonality is sometimes difficult. And sorry for misreading your view of Almtuna U16. No, I have no bloodline- or similar relation to any youth hockey players, I have stumbled across this situation/sport/age group for other reasons - let's for simplicity call it the commercialisation process of sports in general and in Sweden in particular. (TV-pucken 2017 is somewhat of a sidetrack that happened in front of my Stockholm-centric face for other reasons but my fascination grew as stories unfolded, and it did shed some light on my other areas of interest, mainly trying to map mediocrity/competence in key functions)

Which takes me to your point 1, 3 and 4abc which I am well aware of and at the same time fascinated about from several aspects (i.e. it should not be that way and what could be done about it in ways not done before, or has been done in other sports or or in other parts of the world?). Your point 5 is interesting as it sounds 100% upside down (at least according to my experience of developing elite athletes and also parenting now adult children) - the point is rather to embrace discipline in training, sleep, food and school. But perhaps there's a market for "3-year summer hockey camps". Your point 2 I doubt, my research shows interest for SHL falling rapidly, and this also shows in the exploding amount of Swedish college players. Actually this is the main "track" that took me diving into hockey in the first place. Worrisome for domestic hockey, but from change usually opportunities arise..

Apologies if running a bit off topic here.

Campus

Dec 15, 2016
No Jägermyr, Frölundas official intake:

Axel Langenskiöld (Partille HK)
Hugo Gabrielson (Hovås HC)
Albin Sibbesson (Lerums BK)
Kalle Bartholdsson (Halmstad Hammers)
Adam Niederbach (KB65
Theo Nordlund (Hanhals IF)
William Hallén (Hovås HC)
Lucas Raymond (Frölunda HC)
Gabriel Lundberg (Frölunda HC)
Victor Widlund (Lerums BK)
Theo Niederbach (KB65)
Gustav Portillo (Partille HK)
Philip Granath (Frisk Asker)
Daniel Torgersson (Skärgårdens SK)

Hörde ett rykte att Richard Jägermyr inte kom in på Frölunda HG pga dåliga skolbetyg.

Wow, that’s bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad