New Influx of Senators Fans

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Do I expect any Toronto fans to make the switch?

While I've read a lot of posts from Toronto fans stating they will stop supporting them should the team trade a significant portion of the future away, for the most part I do not believe that they would make they switch.

This was just something more to have fun with.

However, in all fairness, I should go tell the Leafs board that I welcome them as Senators fans should any of them want to make the switch.

Be back in a jiffy..

You're welcome to become a leafs fan... actually I insist.

Bishop1310

Sep 19, 2011
Leafs fan ehre and I kind of agree..

The firing of Burke was clearly a move by ownership wanting more control. Burke didn't want to play puppet. I've a leafs fan for all of my youth and now young adulthood.. If the farm is traded to get luongo I'd be pretty upset.

It depends on the pieces that would go the other way but I'll be watching closely.. I already go to enough sens games in a year, and cheer for them as long as their not playing the leafs..

I live in Ottawa so the transition would be easy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

The firing of Burke was clearly a move by ownership wanting more control. Burke didn't want to play puppet. I've a leafs fan for all of my youth and now young adulthood.. If the farm is traded to get luongo I'd be pretty upset.

It depends on the pieces that would go the other way but I'll be watching closely.. I already go to enough sens games in a year, and cheer for them as long as their not playing the leafs..

You were never a Leafs fan...

Bishop1310

Sep 19, 2011
You were never a Leafs fan...

I enjoy hockey... I have no reason to hate a team. I hate some players on teams but why hate an entire team?

So are Winnipeg Jets fans really Jets fans? Guaranteed none of them liked the thrashers when they were in Atlanta.. You support your home town..

Also I'll support any Canadian team. Come the playoffs if its the sens and habs, or canucks playing a series I'll support them and go to games...I certainly haven't been able to support the leafs in the playoffs for quite awhile.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I enjoy hockey... I have no reason to hate a team. I hate some players on teams but why hate an entire team?

So are Winnipeg Jets fans really Jets fans? Guaranteed none of them liked the thrashers when they were in Atlanta.. You support your home town..

Also I'll support any Canadian team. Come the playoffs if its the sens and habs, or canucks playing a series I'll support them and go to games...I certainly haven't been able to support the leafs in the playoffs for quite awhile.

tl;dr

Join us brother, we have the car herder.

loool, i know what u mean im playing around, except the cat herder thing

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
I've actually seen a few Ottawa area Leafers make the switch in the past couple years. That's probably or best chance at turncoats.

Especially the older crowd thats been **** on for 40+ years.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Boy, would that ever go over well if a Leaf fan invited us all to switch over to the dark side.

Is it just me, or is this a pretty dumb thread?

balaclava brian

Dec 25, 2011
Bishop1310 said:

I welcome you, brother.

lafite said:
Boy, would that ever go over well if a Leaf fan invited us all to switch over to the dark side.

Is it just me, or is this a pretty dumb thread?

This thread is awesome.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Honestly, most Leafs fans I know, don't even know that much about hockey. They cheer because that's how they grew up.

I have had a few of my friends make the switch over, but they were people who never grew up watching the Leafs or hockey in general. So they don't have the nostalgia and family pressure to cheer for the Leafs.

My husband would never in his life start cheering for a rival team. He has talked about cheering for a different team, but it would likely end up being a team in the West. And he's going to always have a soft spot for the Leafs.

That said, my 5 year old son goes to my husband "Dad, why do you cheer for the Leafs? They don't even win much?". My boys a smart boy! Even picked out his own Sens jersey and wanted Karlsson on the back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad