New idea on replacement players

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Ok, what if we have a full season of replacement players next year.
600 replacement players. Well they will be the best of the rest. After a full season does anyone think that all those players would be fired as soon as the nhlpa finally caves in. After a full year look at all these players dont you think that 10% of them or more would make some of the current clubs. If so then which nhlpa player wont get his job back. That would work out to about 2 players per club. If you are currently one of the players always on the bubble you have got to be worried right now. Backing your union is fine until your union decides to throw you under a bus. I wonder when the bottom end nhlps players will wake up and smell the coffee. The 45 or so rich players are running this nhlpa. Lots of them are over 35 years old and "so what if I have to retire" the south of France is not so bad this time of year.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
RLC said:
Ok, what if we have a full season of replacement players next year.
600 replacement players. Well they will be the best of the rest. After a full season does anyone think that all those players would be fired as soon as the nhlpa finally caves in. After a full year look at all these players dont you think that 10% of them or more would make some of the current clubs. If so then which nhlpa player wont get his job back. That would work out to about 2 players per club. If you are currently one of the players always on the bubble you have got to be worried right now. Backing your union is fine until your union decides to throw you under a bus. I wonder when the bottom end nhlps players will wake up and smell the coffee. The 45 or so rich players are running this nhlpa. Lots of them are over 35 years old and "so what if I have to retire" the south of France is not so bad this time of year.

It's fairly simple. The top 90% of the NHLPA (who you are acknowledging will get their positions back no matter what) would simply say "we won't play with these guys". Since you are just talking about replacing the bottom 10% or so, it's not at all worth it for the owners to fight the players on that issue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only replacement players will the ones who know they will never play in the NHL.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Epsilon said:
It's fairly simple. The top 90% of the NHLPA (who you are acknowledging will get their positions back no matter what) would simply say "we won't play with these guys". Since you are just talking about replacing the bottom 10% or so, it's not at all worth it for the owners to fight the players on that issue.
I understand what you are saying but that would also mean that the nhlpa players will want to dictate to the owners and GM just which players they are willing to play with. If you start that then all hell breaks lose. I don't doubt that a deal might be struck but sooner or later some GM's will remember some of these guys and draft them or something.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
Yeah, right

The ONLY players not playing next year will be the top 10% salary hogs this year. $ TALKS, next year will be very interesting. I'm SURE the smarter players will decide to find employment and PLAY! The other MOUTH PIECES, the millionares(top 10%) will sit home and sulk(they can AFFORD to). The NHL will be back, with all the older slugs gone, maybe thats a good thing. Goodbye Chelios, LeClair, Shanahan, Amonte, etc.. The GAME is the game, NOT THE PLAYERS! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad