Speculation: New Head Coach starting 2020/2021 Season

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
Bruce Boudreau has been fired by the Wild. Add another name to the Sharks' coaching options for the offseason. I think Boughner has made a difference in his time at head coach, but there are a lot of interesting names out there now. I think a lot will depend on if DW thinks this team can compete next year once healthy, or if he's looking for someone to come in and oversee a rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bruce Boudreau has been fired by the Wild. Add another name to the Sharks' coaching options for the offseason. I think Boughner has made a difference in his time at head coach, but there are a lot of interesting names out there now. I think a lot will depend on if DW thinks this team can compete next year once healthy, or if he's looking for someone to come in an oversee a rebuild.
I don’t know how I feel about him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Bruce Boudreau has been fired by the Wild. Add another name to the Sharks' coaching options for the offseason. I think Boughner has made a difference in his time at head coach, but there are a lot of interesting names out there now. I think a lot will depend on if DW thinks this team can compete next year once healthy, or if he's looking for someone to come in an oversee a rebuild.
I'd probably go with Boudreau if he's available. He's definitely had a lot of teams play above their grade since he's left Washington. Between Anaheim and Minnesota, I would say he's had a year or two where he's actually had a good roster. His playoff record is definitely questionable but he did get to the WCF with an Anaheim team that wasn't very special.

Reactions: Phu

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
I think if we make solid acquisitions this off season and have a semi competitive team instead of a AHL team I’d like to keep BB

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

I don't remember, has he won a cup?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I feel like we're all going to be disappointed. I really think that they're going to stick with Boughner. They're just too "fair" about this kind of stuff. I would love to get Boudreau or Gallant or Laviolette but I just don't see it happening.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Boudreau is currently the best coach available and that’s not going to change between now and the time that the next team hires him. DW ought to do his due diligence here.
I am curious what you think boogie is doing wrong right now, im not in love with him but there has been positive changes to the flow of the team

Reactions: Gunnin54

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I feel like we're all going to be disappointed. I really think that they're going to stick with Boughner. They're just too "fair" about this kind of stuff. I would love to get Boudreau or Gallant or Laviolette but I just don't see it happening.
gallant can eat sidewalk curb

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I am curious what you think boogie is doing wrong right now, im not in love with him but there has been positive changes to the flow of the team

I dont think hes doing anything wrong and i agree that
hes fixed the team to the extent he can given the roster
of available players. BB would ot be mymcirst choice
to coach nexf season, i just think there are better and more experienced NHL coaches available at this time.

Righr now i want Peter Lav....

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I sure hope not. I would much rather see Gallant or Laviolette behind the bench to start next season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I sure hope not. I would much rather see Gallant or Laviolette behind the bench to start next season.

I don't want anyone the team is familiar with. Gallant or Laviolette would be good. Heck, I would be ok with the likes of a Hitchcock simply because I expect the players to stick the system under him instead of going rogue and doing their own thing.

Some of the folks mentioned that Boucher maybe a good choice too.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I think Boughner is doing fairly well given what he has to work with which isn’t much. I also think that the difference between Boughner’s track record and Boudreau’s is night and day.

It’s like, before Hertl’s injury, did I think Hertl was doing anything wrong? No, but if I had the opportunity to replace him with Sidney Crosby...

Reactions: Sandisfan

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Look for the owner's group to fill the GM vacancy after they fire DW, first.

DW is the 2nd longest tenure of all the GMs in the league, behind Poile in Nashville. It's time.

DW has 5 years up on #3, and 7 years up on #4. And a whole lot of years than the vast majority. It's time.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Look for the owner's group to fill the GM vacancy after they fire DW, first.

DW is the 2nd longest tenure of all the GMs in the league, behind Poile in Nashville. It's time.

DW has 5 years up on #3, and 7 years up on #4. And a whole lot of years than the vast majority. It's time.

It ain't happening until sometime next season at the earliest. Better start accepting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->