New Habs GM

switzsvensation

Jan 13, 2013
Brandon, MB
Hello everyone,

I'm the new GM of the Montreal Canadiens in HFNHL. I want to thank Jeff for introducing me to the league and Brock (and others) for allowing me the chance to be a GM here.

My name is Kevin Switzer and I've been involved in leagues like this for 16 or 17 years. Of course, every league is a little different from others so I'll have to get used to how things are here. As for HF itself, I've been checking this site out for many, many years. And, although I've had an account for a few years, I've vary rarely posted. I've been a Flames fan since the early/mid 80's so I've endured many more hard years than good years. I do like to like that I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey so don't think you can rip off the new guy lol.

Now, to the team I've inherited. When I look at the team, I see a team that's very top heavy but has no depth. And, some of the top guys have short term contracts (Stamkos) and/or are a little long in the tooth (Bergeron, Rinne). I like having depth on my teams and, to be honest, I don't see much of that when I look at the pro roster, farm roster or prospect list. I'd like to rebuild this team because I don't see a team that can sustain success with the way it's currently set up. Now, saying that, there's a few young guys here that I like in Aho, Dunn, Chytil and Caufield. My philosophy is that I don't consider anyone untouchable, I believe everyone has their price.

My email is [email protected]. And, as for other platforms for GM communication, I'll have to get that figured out ASAP.

Reactions: Canuck09

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Welcome Kevin. Hopefully I found an appropriate division rival that quickly dismantles and makes it easier for me to make the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad