OT: New Goal Song?

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
Why is there a picture of J.S. Bach as the illustration of the "metalization" of the Sabre Dance? Bach lived 200 years (1685-1750) before the Sabre Dance was composed (1942).

Last edited:

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Swords of a thousand men should've won the first time around. I think we should switch to that. The "let me clear my throat" era has been a crappy one, change the song, usher in something new. Hope we hear this song more.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Swords of a thousand men should've won the first time around. I think we should switch to that. The "let me clear my throat" era has been a crappy one, change the song, usher in something new. Hope we hear this song more.

:thumbd: didn't win the first time around for a reason, its such a snoozefest!

Reactions: Gras

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
:thumbd: didn't win the first time around for a reason, its such a snoozefest!

that's missing the point. the chicago one isn't super amazing, the idea is when you're really fired up it sounds awesome, and if the team is awful you don't want to poke your own eyes out. it's a partial song that is played hundreds of times a year, middle of the road means you know it by heart but it still works when it's supposed to. "let me clear my throat" is the same issue they fell into with "song #2" where it's too much firepower for what the situation calls for, which gets really annoying when the team is garbage.

Reactions: Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Real McKenzies did a more upbeat version. The arena could always use more bagpipes.

It's definitely an improvement over the original.

I can understand what Heretic is saying about our current song. It works great when the teams good and scoring (obvious fix to that is to actually start winning more games...) but when the team is bad and as energetic as that song is it just looks silly when they finally score a goal when down by 3+ goals for the millionth time.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Swords of a Thousand Men is very good, my only reservation about it the first go around was it was Jeremy White's idea.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
How about turning to OTHER teams' goal songs? Just some suggestions...

*Yakoo Boyz/Pipe Dreamz(Halifax of The Q uses this, and has for years)
*Scooter/Maria(I Like It Loud)(made infamous by MLS' Philadelphia Union, though the Flyers used it for a time)
*Monster Truck/The Enforcer(used by the Hamilton Bulldogs)
*Brass Bonanza(yes, THE goal song from Hartford; Victoria in the WHL uses it at present)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
As a footy fan ( the one where you kick the ball), there is nothing better than than the Will Grigg song (Freed from desire)

Just use that and call it a day.

Your defense is terrified, Rasmi are on fire boom lalalala

sabres19892

Jul 5, 2007
I like our current song, because I think it's catchy and has 2 parts where fans can interact. The part where the beat sort of builds up and then the end where he says "somebody make some noise in this joint" we cann all cheer louder or woo or something. So I enjoy that.

That being said, my first choice would be to let the players each choose their own song. I don't need a specific goal song. I think it gives the players a chance to be creative/express themselves! It would also just be different because I don't think anyone in the NHL does that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->