New goal song

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It does sound pretty great in-arena. Certainly better than the various random noises we had before.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What's wrong with Zombie Nation?

I get that it is played everywhere, by everyone, but it is a solid tune

I can't stand it, the music, the chanting, I think it's all bad. It makes my ears bleed.

Supposedly I have heard the Wake Forest basketball team began using it circa 2002 before games against Duke/UNC and it took off from there, so I have a dislike for the Deacons now because of that :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I can't stand it, the music, the chanting, I think it's all bad. It makes my ears bleed.

Supposedly I have heard the Wake Forest basketball team began using it circa 2002 before games against Duke/UNC and it took off from there, so I have a dislike for the Deacons now because of that :laugh:

Sorry to hear that. May I offer this instead to satiate your zombie themed techno:

Actually the entire album is zombie themed and you should get it because it is GOAT.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I bet it'll sound just fine in a big game atmosphere once they finally get there.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
It does sound pretty great in-arena. Certainly better than the various random noises we had before.

These are my thoughts on it as well. Having thousands of your closest friends yelling while it plays makes it sound better in person.

Full disclosure: EDM is hardly my thing, but for some reason, I don't hate Avicii nearly as much as I hate most new music. Maybe it's because he brings in different types of guest vocalists. Based on what I've heard (the 2 or 3 most popular songs), he seems to have a basic format that he sticks to, but bits and pieces of the songs work well for things like this.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If the "HEY HEY" can catch on it's going to be super awesome.

That's what I'm thinking. Didn't get that full effect in the first home game, but if they stick with it and the team keeps scoring goals, it'll probably be a very popular event by Game 82

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012
Don't really care for Avicii, don't really care for the song by itself.

However, it sounded really good in the arena, IMO. Like mentioned, if the fans catch on to the 'Hey Hey' it'll be even better.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
I heard it in preseason and liked it. Hearing it in a full building, made me like it even more.

And agreed, if the HEY HEY HEY catches on, it'll be a pretty cool goal song.

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Personally have never liked the Rick Flair Wooo after a goal. Just always felt it was out of place.

Not big on EDM either, but could see it catching on.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Like you all have said, EDM songs are really good for goal songs... so I think that's why it'll works quite well. I think we've got a nice little tradition here.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I was fairly neutral on it, but do see some potential. With it being so new, the interaction wasn't fully there yet, and it didn't seem natural at first to try and join in, but that was just because it was new and so unfamiliar. We'll see how it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad