New Goal Song

Mat Fratthouse

Jan 30, 2013
Hogtown
No wonder the atmosphere at the ACC is soo awful. I hate the music selection for the most part. Places like TD gardens in Boston or wells fargo center in philly are easily some of the best areas in the east. Too many suites tweeting not enough real fans.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Starting to really think we got alot of old'farts on this board

Nothing makes them happier than to hear an old "classic" washed up song that was from the 90's/early 2000 era.

This is 2013 now and you better get used to hearing this kind of music in most buildings nowadays. Ill be honest, was a bit skeptical of Turbulence at first, even though I really enjoy House/Dubstep type music. This is one of the songs that grows on you after a while, and its just a downright AWESOME party song, which when the leafs score goals should be a "party".

Lets be honest. Zombie nation is old and wayy overused. Gotta be original

EDIT: Leaf fans should figure out something slick to say before the DROP in Turbulence.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Once again, for everyone creaming over Zombie Nation, do you really want the same song as a divisional rival? It's Bostons song now, let them have it.

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada

Nothing makes them happier than to hear an old "classic" washed up song that was from the 90's/early 2000 era.

This is 2013 now and you better get used to hearing this kind of music in most buildings nowadays. Ill be honest, was a bit skeptical of Turbulence at first, even though I really enjoy House/Dubstep type music. This is one of the songs that grows on you after a while, and its just a downright AWESOME party song, which when the leafs score goals should be a "party".

EDIT: Leaf fans should figure out something slick to say before the DROP in Turbulence.

I'm 23. The goal song is ****.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I am 23, and I still like Leafs 2004 goal song better. Current goal song sucks. Can't really expect crowd to get involved, with the chanting at least.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I wonder what it's like to be the fan of a team with a good DJ

THIS X 10000.

I get so irked whenever I hear the same ol' unoriginal top 40 crap like Linkin Barf, WolfMother, Three Doors Down etc. played between the plays at the ACC. Would it kill the guy in charge of the music at the ACC to be more original in his song selections for once in his life???

Say what you want about the Habs, but the DJ at the Bell Centre has got it right and does a great job in selecting his songs. Not only is their goal song original and gets the crowd going, but I also like that whenever they have to kill a penalty they play the instrumental to Public Enemy's Shut Em Down which is not only quite clever, but it gets the crowd pumped up to support them.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

turbulence makes sense for the Winnipeg jets, not us, myself, being 18, also like the 04 combo better then the current one

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
The goal song should be something that the entire arena can sing together, make the crowd sound like one, and make it loud inside. Something like Chelsea Dagger, or like when you hear the Red Wings fans singing Journey.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Most here are probably 25 and under, including myself, and our 03-04 goal horn and song was way better than it is now. Stop trying to be a hipster.

stickyiki

Feb 4, 2009
Streets of Shaolin
THIS X 10000.

I get so irked whenever I hear the same ol' unoriginal top 40 crap like Linkin Barf, WolfMother, Three Doors Down etc. played between the plays at the ACC. Would it kill the guy in charge of the music at the ACC to be more original in his song selections for once in his life???

Say what you want about the Habs, but the DJ at the Bell Centre has got it right and does a great job in selecting his songs. Not only is their goal song original and gets the crowd going, but I also like that whenever they have to kill a penalty they play the instrumental to Public Enemy's Shut Em Down which is not only quite clever, but it gets the crowd pumped up to support them.

Agreed. Sometimes I've heard the Bell Centre DJ play Gangstarr - Skills before a shootout. As for the Public Enemy - Shut Em Down, that is clever. I'd love to hear that at the ACC, but the Pete Rock Remix though :yo:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Boston's usurped Zombie Nation as their goal song, we're not gonna go and use the same song as a divisional rival.

Thats the ultimate final insult aint it? They own us on the ice in their building in theres heck they even own our goal song hahaha. Boston are having so much fun putting the gears to us I swear they love us for the entertainment value alone. We are the running gag

new goal song sucks

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Thats the ultimate final insult aint it? They own us on the ice in their building in theres heck they even own our goal song hahaha. Boston are having so much fun putting the gears to us I swear they love us for the entertainment value alone. We are the running gag

Even more ironic is the name of their arena which is the Toronto Dominion Garden.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
turbulence makes sense for the Winnipeg jets, not us, myself, being 18, also like the 04 combo better then the current one

Lol, because of the Jet? Come on man, don't get too technical.

Zombie Nation is oldddddd, move on people. Like the guy said above. I don't really want the same song as our rivals :laugh:

If you don't want house music then. Get a song with a potential good crowd chant that may start from it.

If all else fails. Little Black Submarines :) Specifically at 2:05 perhaps

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Guys, they cant bring back the 2003-2004 goal horn back because some other NHL team is already using it. Also our 2012 goal horn " the whip" i think is being used by Columbus now.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
If I were in charge of goal songs...

Grabovski scores: Handel's Hallelujah Chorus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE

Orr or McLaren score: Theme from Rocky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtvLTZS4Ik

Kadri scores: Fire by Hendrix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSe6HgqHgw

Kessel scores: Physical by Olivia Newton-John
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Lupul scores: London's Burning by The Clash, but with words altered to "Lupul's burning!..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weGEv_BhjNw

Phaneuf scores: Captain Anarchy by Anti-Flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQYE095DQpg

Macarthur scores: I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General by Gilbert and Sullivan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTisI_HSgw

van Riemsdyk scores: I Feel Good by James Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDrJ5Z2rKw

Kulemin scores: Long Long Long by The Beatles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkmrjrfitBo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad