New Goal Song: Baby Blue

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
My nomination for this season's new ACC goal song: "Baby Blue"

fittingly, from the Breaking Bad finale, seeing as this year we are finally Breaking (decades of) Bad hockey

Baby Blue should give rise to what Burkie envisioned as Big Blue, every time Leafs score this year

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Too much of a ...."cruising in your convertible on a summer weekend" vibe.

Not enough... "going to smash your face in with my boot"

Thumbs down

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009

Thumbs down

yeah but thats what we got colton, frazer, fraser, and clarkson for

this is a love song from leafs fans to baby blue

Kule Aid Man

Jul 7, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I actually had though the other day this would be amazing for a breakdown in part of a season montage video. Def not enough energy for a goal song though.

Not to mention it would make me miss Breaking Bad every time we scored.. :cry:

BayStreetBullies*

Just go with a classic, 'Won't Get Fooled Again' by The Who. Of course that would just remind me of CSI: Miami and David Caruso's one-liners everytime. :laugh:

snizzbone*

Is the song being changed this year? Guess we'll find out tomorrow (hopefully) but yeah. I hated last years.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
The song in the OP is lame, imo. Puts me to sleep.

More of an 'ending credits' type of song... not a 'get off your ass and chant' type of song needed after a goal is scored.

Toque*

The "anti-fighters" here love listening to this song while at Mommy's house eating milk and cookies.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
That song wasn't bad but it's not suited for Hackey.. Was too dull and slow paced for a what should be a fast tempo party type song with a simple hook and beat that joe Q fan can get into and get pumped.

They should get on dis ****.. Screw the haters saying it only belongs in B-Ball.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We need a song like Nashville's. it's hilariously funny (and it works becuse it's country music) but it's something you can actually sing to, and then the whole "it's you! it's you! it's ALL YOUR FAULT!" at the end.

it's something like "it like it, I need it, I want more of it, something something, I don't know what happened but the Predators scored, I like it, I need it, I want more all of it."

lol or you know, like a Cannon shot like Columbus.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
That song wasn't bad but it's not suited for Hackey.. Was too dull and slow paced for a what should be a fast tempo party type song with a simple hook and beat that joe Q fan can get into and get pumped.

They should get on dis ****.. Screw the haters saying it only belongs in B-Ball.

Equally as terrible as the OP but for a different set of reasons.

1 - Profanity (N-bombs.. you serious?)

2 - Not a song the average fan would know or could identify with.

3 - No one knows the words (ie: not popular enough/not something that could be picked up easy).

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Equally as terrible as the OP but for a different set of reasons.

1 - Profanity (N-bombs.. you serious?)

2 - Not a song the average fan would know or could identify with.

3 - No one knows the words (ie: not popular enough/not something that could be picked up easy).

I wasn't talking about the entire song just the Not Tonight part. And obviously you don't know **** about hip-hop as Slaughterhouse is one of the biggest rap groups out there but your ignorance knows no bounds.

Not a song the avg. fan knows about. Probably because the ACC plays the same tired **** that's over 30 years old. Time to change things up a bit if you ask me.

I didn't realize no one only includes you in that post.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Monster Truck - Lion

Tame Impala - Elephant

Either would be good because the words are simple, family friendly and have a great beat.

The singer in Tame Impala sounds like Lennon so even the older crowd would dig it.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
Turbulence has grown on me since the playoffs. I think we should just keep rolling with that... The baby blue song, not happening lol.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I wasn't talking about the entire song just the Not Tonight part. And obviously you don't know **** about hip-hop as Slaughterhouse is one of the biggest rap groups out there but your ignorance knows no bounds.

Not a song the avg. fan knows about. Probably because the ACC plays the same tired **** that's over 30 years old. Time to change things up a bit if you ask me.

I didn't realize no one only includes you in that post.

:laugh:

Obviously you don't know who pays big $$$ to attend Leaf games.

I'll give you a hint: It's not the hip hop crowd.

TheBlueStar

Feb 7, 2011
Newfoundland

I'm 23 and I'm not familiar with "Slaughterhouse". I'll admit I'm not the biggest hip-hop fan, however.

I think the biggest thing that needs to be changed at the ACC is the victory song. Bring back Heave Away!

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010

Thumbs down
If your looking for smash your face in music, I nominate Party Hard by Andrew W.K. The cover ary is him all bloodied because he smashed his fac with a brick. Presumably because he "partied hard"

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010
I know I'm the minority, but I liked the whip by locksley. It was one you could siny along to l, like chelsea dagger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->