New GM in Montreal

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Shortly after the conclusion of the HFNHL Entry draft, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to announce the hiring of their new GM, Matt Kowalchuk.

Kowalchuk who was a former consultant to Nashville GM Tony Kapfenberger, looks to getting this franchise out of bankruptcy, rebuilding and turning this franchise back into the dominant powerhouse it once was.

"I'm honoured to be apart of this storied franchise" said Kowalchuk. "remolding this franchise will not be an easy task and will surely take many hours of hard work and cause many sleepless nights"

When asked about whether or not he will make a big splash in the off-season, Kowalchuk said "lets put it this way, there will be many new and younger faces for next season's training camp"

"Canadiens fans are going to have to be patient" said Kowalchuk, "they can't expect a Stanley Cup contender over night".

Hey, my name is Matt Kowalchuk. I am very excited to be in this league. My experience's include numerous of leagues, some dead, some still going, including one of my own that just finished its inaugural drafts. I am a Leafs fan, but I wouldn't say die-hard and I do not have any bias at all towards Leafs players. I do not have an AGM, nor do I really need one, I am active enough, and can make my own decisions. However, I understand I will have to make many very tough decisions, where an AGM might be helpfull. I do have a few consultants I can use for their opinions on certain matters. Like I stated previously, I am very excited to be apart of this league and good luck to all GM's.

You can contact me through

I.M: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Welcome aboard! You may want to check in with Drew Niece of the Detroit Red Wings - you two have a "future considerations" trade to conclude (dont' worry, you'll like it!).

Do a review of your situation and let us know what you're looking to do, players you want to add or move, etc.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Welcome aboard Matt, I am sure you will have agreta time rebuilding the team. Montreal always had great assets and it will be matter of time before they contend for the cup again.

Hasnain Jessa
NYI - GM

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.

Montreal has needed a new GM for a while, simply due to being relatively ignored by the past gm for long stretches at a time.

A solid, active GM is just what this team needs because it's got a solid foundation that just needs some tweaking.

Default101

hey way to go matt... every year it seems a consultant to Tony seems to get a team one year later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad