New documentary about the Russian Five

Danny46

Dec 28, 2015
I can't wait to see this, long live the Russian Five for teaching the NHL what real hockey is all about, Fedorov to me was the most complete player i saw in my life and also the best russian centre ever.

Last edited:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
The standard Gretzky quote is even in it. "One of the most talented players I ever saw in my life".

Let me guess, Slava Kozlov?

I think Yzerman called Fedorov the most talented player he ever played with, or something similar.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
why is jeff daniels the first person to speak?

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Tweed

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I would like to see it. Depending, how far they can go in-depth there is a significant material for a documentary.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I would like to see it. Depending, how far they can go in-depth there is a significant material for a documentary.

Well they seem to take us deep into the defection of Fedorov at least. Though all those stories are basically the same.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

That's Dave Coulier (who by the way is from Michigan). It was he who introduced D.J. Tanner to Valeri Bure. Now they're married and run a Christian vineyard out of California.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tweed

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
That's Dave Coulier (who by the way is from Michigan). It's was he who introduced D.J. Tanner to Valeri Bure. Now they're married and run a Christian vineyard out of California.

Ya I know, I was being facetious haha, he's often confused with Jeff Daniels. Maybe I was reachin' a bit by expecting everybody to know that. Celebrity Doppelgängers.

I didn't know the bit about DJ and Valeri though. :thumbu:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Well they seem to take us deep into the defection of Fedorov at least. Though all those stories are basically the same.

tbh, at this point fedorov's defection might be the least compelling story of the bunch, next to fetisov and larionov (vs. tikhonov), kozlov (car crash), and konstantinov (other car crash).

now his marriage to an underage tennis star, who subsequently married pavel bure and caused a team russia rift, that i would watch a documentary about.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
tbh, at this point fedorov's defection might be the least compelling story of the bunch, next to fetisov and larionov (vs. tikhonov), kozlov (car crash), and konstantinov (other car crash).

now his marriage to an underage tennis star, who subsequently married pavel bure and caused a team russia rift, that i would watch a documentary about.

meh, celebrity gossip has never been my forté.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
meh, celebrity gossip has never been my forté.

i'm more wondering how not that long ago society seemed totally ok with a 28 year old millionaire openly dating a 16 year old girl and what they all would have to say about that now

...not that i'm above the fedorov-kournikova-bure love triangle either, of course...

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
i'm more wondering how not that long ago society seemed totally ok with a 28 year old millionaire openly dating a 16 year old girl and what they all would have to say about that now

...not that i'm above the fedorov-kournikova-bure love triangle either, of course...

I doubt they will bring that up in the documentary :laugh:

However, concerning dating her as she was underage. I was under the impression that they evolved a romantic relationship after she was 18. They met when she was 15 because their families were friends or something. Also age of consent in Russia is 16 and I dont think they have a age difference limit. Ie in US its statutory rape if an 18+ old has sex with a 16 year old. So maybe that wasnt a big deal in Russia? Im not sure

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad