New Division Talk: Which Players Will We Hate the Most in 2013-14

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
i don't need to see the following player in tv.

Colton Orr
B.J. Crombeen
Mike Brown
Brandon Prust
Mark Fraser
Chris Thorburn
George Parros
Tootoo
Cleary
Abdelkader
Quincey
Lashoff
Ericsson
White
Emmerton
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson
Kindl
Smith

Neon Phaneuf

Let the kids play
Apr 13, 2010
South Jersey
Not being an ass, but you guys better toughen up or get a heavy weight or by the end of the season you guys will have nothing left for the playoffs. Your joining the toughest division and will have a target on your back

Actually, you are.

There are a lot of people who would say that the West is more physical than the East. That is debatable. What isn't debatable, is the fact that teams have tried to play the grinding style against us in the past, and it has not worked.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Can't wait until this stupid east/west physicality ******** is put to rest. It will be much easier traveling an hour on a plane after a game then five. I think the boys can take it.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Subban, Phaneuf

I like Marchand a lot and never understood the hate for him. I have a feeling that will change though once we start playing him a lot. Everyone can't be wrong. Same with Lucic: like him now, will learn to hate him.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't hate dirty players or goons nearly as much as I hate divers and whiners.

For example Toews recently earned himself a new place on my ****-list.

I don't know who in our new division will fit that description.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I'll never get comfortable with dudes dancing shirtless in bars.:shakehead

In skinny jeans. Lol. I dunno, this is apparently Marchand's MO; he's been plastered all over the place. Guy is a TMZ superstar :)

Which would be fine if he sucked, but he doesn't so you have to put up with his act for the foreseeable future. I've been trying to think of a good Western Conference comparison and all I come up with is Claude The Turtle.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Also, this was shared with me by a Senator's fan on another sub forum here:

ZackSmithLunge.gif

Apparently Neil and Kadri have a "thing" going :) Look at the smile on Neil's face... man, I wish we had that guy lol.

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
Also, this was shared with me by a Senator's fan on another sub forum here:

ZackSmithLunge.gif

Apparently Neil and Kadri have a "thing" going :) Look at the smile on Neil's face... man, I wish we had that guy lol.
That's Smith

I obviously believe you guys can play against a physical style, you have done it for years, but I'm afraid coming to the northeast and east I'm general you may start to be "bullied". The east has a lot more teams Sens, B's, Sabres, Tml, Pitt, Phi etc.. Who will try and deploy this tactic

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
That's Smith

I obviously believe you guys can play against a physical style, you have done it for years, but I'm afraid coming to the northeast and east I'm general you may start to be "bullied". The east has a lot more teams Sens, B's, Sabres, Tml, Pitt, Phi etc.. Who will try and deploy this tactic

I'm a little concerned the more film I watch. There's a lot of shoving after the whistle. But honestly I think people don't understand the West very well.

The teams out on the West coast are not small man. SJ, LA are huge. Saint Louis is huge. Yes, there are more finesse teams out here but especially if you've been making the playoffs every year like the Wings have; you're playing BIG BIG boys. Nashville and Phoenix are big teams too. They're physical. It might not be the same as having our bottom tier teams all have 2 enforcers and a huge checking line, but it's still hockey.

Time will tell I guess.

Also, Is Zack Smith any good? He definitely looks like a pest in that Gif. Stats don't suggest he's much of a scorer tho.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Also, Is Zack Smith any good? He definitely looks like a pest in that Gif. Stats don't suggest he's much of a scorer tho.

Listed Smith as a guy we are not going to like. He is a decent role player, have seen him bump up their lineup for no reason whatsoever, but he is big and plays big. 100 PIM guy that is no fun to play against.

As for the pushes after the whistle in your earlier comment, so do a lot of teams. The reason you don't witness much of it when watching Detroit is because they aren't interested in it, so that is unlikely to change. Takes two to tango and Detroit doesn't take the bait there often.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Everyone can have their own stances on that, but think hating Marchand because he likes to party is a little mean. It also hurts liking more than a few Wings. He is of legal drinking age these days who cares. I do think Seguin was underage in the first picture though. Did they get in a car and kill someone after no?

Any of you guys notice Brendan's bill closing out at noon with what was the final total again. But notice the drinks on that, think our boys don't know how to have a good time?

I'm going to assume our boys are dressed better.

file.php

Besides, I did note that he's also dirty as hell. I mean you have google right?

Here he is attempting to cripple Sami Salo:

Here he is slew-footing Niskanen:

Are you perhaps seeing a theme yet?:

No? Are you sure?:

Also, there's the diving:

So, wanna tell me again how our boys are just like that? :)

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Listed Smith as a guy we are not going to like. He is a decent role player, have seen him bump up their lineup for no reason whatsoever, but he is big and plays big. 100 PIM guy that is no fun to play against.

As for the pushes after the whistle in your earlier comment, so do a lot of teams. The reason you don't witness much of it when watching Detroit is because they aren't interested in it, so that is unlikely to change. Takes two to tango and Detroit doesn't take the bait there often.

Yeah, I do assume our guys will just skate away like they against Saint Louis for example.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I said we wouldn't like Marchand, he is a super pest, that is what he is. He would be beloved if he played for us, well I guess Mindfly would still hate him because he isn't 6'0" tall.

Marchand is Andrew Shaw on steroids and with lots more talent. He is probably even a better fighter. I would almost promise Smith will go with him at some point next season, just the kind of player Smith flips out on.

RedWingsNow*

Brad Marchand is the new Claude Lemieux --
Skilled. Tough. Always causing controversy -- except when he's scoring game winning gaols.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->