Equipment: New Curve

airforcebrat

May 27, 2013
New England
As the title implies I am looking for a new curve. I am currently using a Sakic curve and I find that my passing has suffered, many of my shots go high over the net and my backhand sucks. I used to use a Recchi curve which I liked. I took a 2 year break from hockey and then got an Iginla curve which was also a pretty good curve for me. Then I got the Sakic. I just feel like the Sakic is too much for me if you catch my drift. I'm buying a new stick soon and I am probably getting a Warrior so what curve would you recommend for me? I play wing by the way and I take a lot of wrist shots and snappers and a fair amount of slappers. I like to pass but I am a pretty good sniper at the same time. I'm a decent stick-handler, too. Any help is appreciated.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
The only way for you to find a good curve for you is to try a bunch. With that said, you could go for a milder mid curve to transition from a Sakic. The Iginla like you said, or W88 in Warrior could be a place to start. These mid curves have a decent amount of depth to them and are not as open as the Sakic-like curves.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I just went back to a milder mid curve from the Sakic and it did help my passing quite a bit as well as keeping shots lower. I'm basically using the W88. The Burrows curve would be another option if you want to go even flatter.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I absolutely love the Forsberg/Zetterberg/Duchene/Stamkos etc. curve. I find it the most versatile as it just does everything well. It is a very moderate curve, but you will hit the net a lot more, which is the most important thing in a game. I also like the Kane curve. My favorite curve for stick handling and passing. The only thing I don't like about the Kane curve is it is horrible for slapshots. Try those out ;)

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Thanks for your help guys. I am either picking up the Zetterberg, Burrows or the Vanek. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

if you're going warrior, i agree the first two would be good choices if you're trying to keep the puck down as others have already stated. i'd recommend against the vanek as it has been discontinued at the retail level...only available on their custom sticks. and we all know how much it sucks to have a curve you've gotten accustomed to made unavailable.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
good point on the vanek. its actually one if my favorites after I put it on my custom widow and its hard to find at retail since its been pulled after the widow. slightly open mid heel that's deeper than a burrows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad