New Coyotes Jerseys Revealed (post 385)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
376874-261x400.jpg
0.jpg

Black helmets would be better.

I'm at the point where the white ones are almost OK. I don't like them and they make me think of Ottawa which makes me think of Turris and AHHHH!!! But they aren't horrible. The Red ones still look really bad. Such a piss poor job but exactly what I've come to expect from our management group. So disappointing and I was really looking forward to buying a new jersey or two this season. Bleh...

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
Found these on Reddit. It looks like our new jersey makes a few appearances on the new NHL 16 Be a Pro showcase.

9aALkhh.png

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Jersey looks great on Fake Dylan Strome!

That video shows a Coyotes goal scored by a center named Matthews with assists from OEL and Gormley ... fingers crossed!

I hadn't touched EA Sports hockey for years but picked it up for Playstation summer of 2013 to help me learn the Coyotes players / farm system (Andy Miele was DOMINANT in that game haha). Really fell in love with the individual career mode that this video is describing, and EA has improved it every year. Created myself as a big Perlini-style winger last season, lost in the Memorial Cup with the Seattle Thunderbirds, got drafted by the Canucks, promptly demanded a trade (too cold there!) and ended up getting buried on Washington's AHL team. Tried as a defender this year, led the WHL in scoring with Victoria and got drafted 1OA to Florida, where Aaron Ekblad and I are currently putting in work. These games have come so far in the last few years it's unbelievable.

Rbenj

May 10, 2007
Surprise AZ
Though there's a lot of hatred with our new jerseys.. I can almost guarantee they will look great on the ice, with the full get-up, and players moving at full speed, and all other action entailed in a Hockey Game.

I am one of the few that like it, but believe me on this one.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I like the white one, agree with the criticisms of the red one but IMO both are better than the ones they're replacing. That said they're hardly bold enough to really care much either way. I was hoping they'd get a lot more creative but instead they played it safe. If I could pick one word to describe the whole uniform refresh it would be apathy.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
they could switch. or have multiple helmet colors. the Predators just announced that they will be wearing yellow helmets for like 10 games this year, including one against us i believe.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Yeah couldnt agree more. In general they are not bad looking jerseys, they are consistently designed, and the areas of black trim look better, just judging by those NHL 16 views, than the all-red pajama unis.

But, they could have done SO much better. they wont offend anyone, but they are still a bit half assed in my eyes.

Personally i'm the type of fan who is more than willing to spend the money on my teams jersey, i have 4 coyotes jerseys as it is, but i'm just so apathetic towards these new unis that i cant see myself doing it. I really really really hope that the general, non-uniform-nerd fan likes this set, and that people spend $$$ on the merch. it's just... it's not that big of a revamp, so the average fan could be happy with their existing, kinda similar jersey with the same logo.

One thing, tho, i don't know if you guys have seen the old AZ patch logo set side-by-side with the new one, but the refresh to that logo is sweet. looks simpler and thus cleaner. need a shirt with just that on it, and i'll be happy.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
here's the side by side, just to get it in this thread (sorry if it's been posted earlier but i cant remember seeing a close-up of the updated state logo)

0719-arz15secr.png

0711-arz.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If you want some more pain search for coyotes jersey concepts to see all the random concepts that are miles better that the pajamas and the new ones.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I doubt they planned it this way but the new "AZ" has some implied mountain peaks if you turn your head 45 degrees right, kinda matching the ones hidden in the current Coyote nose.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
Did they switch out that awful paw shoulder patch with the AZ ones? I can see both shoulder patches on the jersey in the Coyotes store, not sure which is the one on the actual uniforms. At the draft part they had the paw patches on each shoulder, which was embarrassingly bad, was a change made (hopefully)?

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Did they switch out that awful paw shoulder patch with the AZ ones? I can see both shoulder patches on the jersey in the Coyotes store, not sure which is the one on the actual uniforms. At the draft part they had the paw patches on each shoulder, which was embarrassingly bad, was a change made (hopefully)?

From the pictures taken at the draft party/uniform reveal, there is a new paw shoulder patch that is on both shoulders of the home red jersey and the AZ patch is on both shoulders of the away white jersey. I thought they'd have gone with one on the right and the other on the left.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
At noon on a Monday? I want your life. Teach me...

I keep them in a cooler in the car for long drives...

Just kidding. Was actually looking at them last night after a good steak and couple of Grolsch. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I like it better quality than Mexican Piss Water. Stay thirsty, my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad