New CBA and the Amnesty buyout and Kings going forward in 13/14

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
From looking at Capgeek, it doesn't appear the Kings have any amnesty buyout candidates going into 13/14. Also, with losing Penner and gagne, and perhaps Richardson, they appear to be well under the new Cap of 60 M.

There are players to be resigned, however, it would appear they might be in a positoin to replace some forwards and maybe 1 Dman (althought I really like Scuderi and hope they extend him for a couple years like they did for Mitchell).
They do have some good prospects but DL seems to like established talent as well
Do you think they'll sign a FreeAgent? With some teams using the buyout and others way ove the cap (like Vancouver at 68 mill with 10 players who have contracts expiring this year, they will have to move some; Boston is at almost 70, they might have to move somone) that might need to dump salary for a pennies on the dollar trade, do you think DL will go for an established 2nd LW and bring up a prospect for the 3rd? What about the D?

Lupul is one of Mike Richards closest friends, a part of me would love to have him, I loved him as a Flyer , one of the many talented players they let go too early.
Thoughts?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
From looking at Capgeek, it doesn't appear the Kings have any amnesty buyout candidates going into 13/14. Also, with losing Penner and gagne, and perhaps Richardson, they appear to be well under the new Cap of 60 M.

There are players to be resigned, however, it would appear they might be in a positoin to replace some forwards and maybe 1 Dman (althought I really like Scuderi and hope they extend him for a couple years like they did for Mitchell).
They do have some good prospects but DL seems to like established talent as well
Do you think they'll sign a FreeAgent? With some teams using the buyout and others way ove the cap (like Vancouver at 68 mill with 10 players who have contracts expiring this year, they will have to move some; Boston is at almost 70, they might have to move somone) that might need to dump salary for a pennies on the dollar trade, do you think DL will go for an established 2nd LW and bring up a prospect for the 3rd? What about the D?

Lupul is one of Mike Richards closest friends, a part of me would love to have him, I loved him as a Flyer , one of the many talented players they let go too early.
Thoughts?
I think Lupul would be a good fit here. Moller returning is always another option. Those would be my 2 guesses.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I'd like to have Lupul on this team to play with Richards and Carter but I highly doubt the Leafs will let him go to FA after his great season with Kessel.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Assuming we have the cap space to do it, I think DL would go after a player, likely via trade. We don't seem to have a lot of success in the free agency market and I don't see the Cup win changing that as much as some have suggested.

I doubt we'd do a deal with a team like Vancouver though, given they are conference rivals. A Boston or Toronto would make more sense.

I also agree that bringing Moller back for a look would be a good idea. I think most of the forwards we could recall (outside of Loktionov, whose a centre anyways) need another year in Manchester.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Ok so the Kings wont need to use a buyout but would they? Could they buyout Gange to maybe get someone that may be released by some other team? Or a couple of someones? I have to think the only guys that will be out there will be the overpaid or injured but if a Malkin or Parise is cut or made UFA do the Kings make a play?

HTK

Jul 10, 2004
Ok so the Kings wont need to use a buyout but would they? Could they buyout Gange to maybe get someone that may be released by some other team? Or a couple of someones? I have to think the only guys that will be out there will be the overpaid or injured but if a Malkin or Parise is cut or made UFA do the Kings make a play?

Why the heck would Parise or Malkin be UFA?????? Pass the Doobie pan the lef hand side.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I don't see us adding anyone at least not right away because I don't know who we would subtract. Do we drop or sit Clifford King or Nolan in favor of a player we would add to our team? We have one year left with Gagne and since he has been a wounded warrior I could see us trying to upgrade his spot but that might be a but pre mature now that his tumor has been removed (growth) and he "feels 100% healthy for the first time in years".

I just don't see us adding anyone unless it is from within.

I also think that the PA is going to insist on the cap remaining where it was last year at the very least as part of the new CBA going forward but that is merely speculation.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
This extended break could be doing wonders for Gagne's longevity, we certainly should be holding on to him.

onlyalad

Jan 13, 2008
Why the heck would Parise or Malkin be UFA?????? Pass the Doobie pan the lef hand side.

First : when a team buys someone out they become UFAs.
Second: I was just using them as examples of what it might take for the Kings to buy out a contract to create space
Third: it is pass the duchie on the left hand side

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
the original by Mighty Diamonds was "Pass the Kouchie" (basically the same meaning as HTK's version). Musical Youth's version was changed to Dutchie since someone figured a bunch of little kids shouldn't be singing about the joys of ganja :devdance:

onlyalad

Jan 13, 2008
the original by Mighty Diamonds was "Pass the Kouchie" (basically the same meaning as HTK's version). Musical Youth's version was changed to Dutchie since someone figured a bunch of little kids shouldn't be singing about the joys of ganja :devdance:
You know too much about this band

Ok new twist to this buy out thing.
Could a team ( Kings) trade for a player and buy him out so some other team could in effect get two buy outs. Kings could get picks added to player. The Kings would be paying cash for prospects and picks.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
You know too much about this band

Ok new twist to this buy out thing.
Could a team ( Kings) trade for a player and buy him out so some other team could in effect get two buy outs. Kings could get picks added to player. The Kings would be paying cash for prospects and picks.

Since there's no agreement in place, it's impossible to know.

That said, assuming that there is one buy out per team, if there was a team desperate to get rid of two contracts, I could see your scenario taking place. Similar to the Jeremy Roenick trade we did following the last lock out, where we got a 3rd for taking Roenick.

Granted, in your scenario we would have just bought out roenick, sparing the fans a season of eye gouging, so I like what you're suggesting :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad