OT: New CapGeek Imitator

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Definitely the best site layout of all options. Actually like it better than the layout of capgeek.

They even have the tools. But they drop the ball with the layout of their player lists.

But otherwise, its the go to site for how pleasant and easy to read it is.

yup, pleasant is the perfect way to describe it. it's very well done.

bookmarked and followed on twitter.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Definitely the best site layout of all options. Actually like it better than the layout of capgeek.

They even have the tools. But they drop the ball with the layout of their player lists.

But otherwise, its the go to site for how pleasant and easy to read it is.
Yeah, the layout and the buyout tool are nice.

But the free agent list is unusable, they don't know the difference between a RFA and a group 6 UFA, and I'm not going to register to use features on a cap site

I'll stick with general fanager and excel for now.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, the layout and the buyout tool are nice.

But the free agent list is unusable, they don't know the difference between a RFA and a group 6 UFA, and I'm not going to register to use features on a cap site

I'll stick with general fanager and excel for now.

agreed.

99% of the time i used capgeek to check other team payrolls, and team contract statuses, and then rookie/AHL contract for vancouver.

So for that use, the nhlscap layout is awesome for me.

But if you are using it for the free agent lists a lot... then ewww.
I do like the fact they have tapped a source for player pictures tho... nice touch, but wrecks layout.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
agreed.

99% of the time i used capgeek to check other team payrolls, and team contract statuses, and then rookie/AHL contract for vancouver.

So for that use, the nhlscap layout is awesome for me.

But if you are using it for the free agent lists a lot... then ewww.
I do like the fact they have tapped a source for player pictures tho... nice touch, but wrecks layout.

There isn't one site that seems has all the information / layout that capgeek had. These sites are trying and growing though.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
the site i referenced started last week. give em some time to grow and listen to consumer feedback.

Oh I know. capgeek didn't start out as good as it ended up being. nhlnumbers was actually out before capgeek. just like behind the net was out before extra skater, it's not necessarily the first site out there but the one that learns and builds the most.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really, whichever one of these many competing sites manages to get a properly functioning "cap calculator" or "armchair GM" function up and running first...is going to be the clear winner.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Really, whichever one of these many competing sites manages to get a properly functioning "cap calculator" or "armchair GM" function up and running first...is going to be the clear winner.

Waiver calculator too would be nice.

I agree though, whoever can build these calculators will probably win.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
And we have another horse in the race to replace capgeek. This one has Luongo's approval...

@strombone1
If u guys r looking to see how much I'm getting overpaid or things of that nature make sure 2 check out http://www.capfriendly.com @CapFriendly

at first glance it's a poor layout. could be good if they make it a bit more user friendly. i don't like they don't have last years salaries. it's good to know what FA's earned last year.

Last edited:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
would a mod perhaps be so kind as to add a list of the capgeek imitators in the OP? just to have them all in one place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad