OT: New CapGeek Imitator

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Don't take everything on the site as fact, there are still some errors (which I believe they are working out), but it looks pretty good. I can only hope a site steps up to somewhat replace what capgeek provided.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Don't take everything on the site as fact, there are still some errors (which I believe they are working out), but it looks pretty good. I can only hope a site steps up to somewhat replace what capgeek provided.

There will always be bugs. Hopefully these guys can iron em out and help fill some of that hole left by capgeek.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
Nice. Much better layout than NHL Numbers or HockeyBuzz. I like the draft pick thing too.

Hopefully they can get a team builder thing going like CapGeek had.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Nice.
Would've been nice to call it something capgeek related to honor the original but it's a good step.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
The Ducks have almost 20m cap space!? WTF!? Is this true?

That's for next year, so not including their UFA/RFAs.

They'll have $10-12M in cap space, though. That's what you get when you only spend $2M on your goalies and have a ton of homegrown talent.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That's for next year, so not including their UFA/RFAs.

They'll have $10-12M in cap space, though. That's what you get when you only spend $2M on your goalies and have a ton of homegrown talent.

It's insane that they have so much depth they can let guys like Perrault walk and not miss a beat. This offseason Belesky will probably walk and they probably won't miss him as well.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I wish it showed salary totals/space per year at the bottom/top of the columns instead of just on the left for the current year

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Ducks have almost 20m cap space!? WTF!? Is this true?

Should be pretty close, they have an internal cap.

Yeah, Ducks are an internal cap team...something lost on many in the whole Kesler trade.

That said...if their ownership decides to loosen the purse strings...they're in an incredible position to add pretty much whatever they want, to an already very strong team.

Take a glance at what their D-corps and goaltending costs them if you want to know where those "savings" come from.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Nice. Much better layout than NHL Numbers or HockeyBuzz. I like the draft pick thing too.

Hopefully they can get a team builder thing going like CapGeek had.

The bolded so much.

That's what every armchair GM in the universe is hoping for.

The vague "more features coming" sort of bit certainly implies that they may be working on something like that. Probably not the easiest of features to implement...took CapGeek a very long time to get that working as well from what i recall. Huge innovation though when they did. Changed the world of armchair GMing forever. You didn't even have to open up Microsoft Excel to craft ridiculous pipe dream roster configurations!!! :laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Cool.

I don't really like it in its current form. But still a decent first step.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/

Has anyone checked this site out? Whats good is that it shows bonuses, which allows you to calculate how much bonus cushion space a team has.

Generalfanager has info about no trade and no move clauses (apparently from capgeek archives as capgeek is given as a source on, for example, Daniel Sedin) which is a feature I haven't found on spotrac.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Generalfanager needs some help visually. Things are often jammed together due to large font etc.

Also they need to figure out terms a bit as it's an annoyance. AHL players are not "non-pro roster players".

hockeyscap.com definitely is a cleaner layout and nicely has the cap hit vs actual salary stuff. Which just made me sad that the Sbisa deal gets bigger in actual money as the years go on....this makes it harder to move a crap player on a crap contract to a crap team looking to reach a cap floor or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad