New Canadian Uniforms in Turin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Tricolore#20 said:
The article mentions that all teams at the Olympics will wear the same jerseys (just a difference in colour and logo I presume), as all international teams have their uniforms made by Nike.

The article actually says that these jerseys need to be made available to all teams. Not that all teams are going to wear them. I am going to feel weird cheering for a Euro/Homosexual looking team. It would be like cheering for the flames
:sarcasm:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The fit is fine but the design is an embarassment. They look like long sleeved soccer practice jerseys. Completely unacceptable. I just wrote an email to Hockey Canada's Communications Director (Brad Pascal) voicing my displeasure. I encourage you all to do the same.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Petey21 said:
I've always liked the Canadian uniforms and I'm not even Canadian, but this one looks like crap! What's up with those fugly socks? And those stripes on the jersey? A tight fit is one thing if it actually affects performance, but why ruin the graphics and make them look like soccer uniforms? :thumbd:

I say the same thing:

Less Wind resistance=good

Stripes aplenty(including on socks)= Urggh...

Nevertheless, if these are "inproved performance" jerseys, hopefully all the teams will wear them, just without the unfortunate color placement. Anyone from other countries care to comment?

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Petey21 said:
I've always liked the Canadian uniforms and I'm not even Canadian, but this one looks like crap! What's up with those fugly socks? And those stripes on the jersey? A tight fit is one thing if it actually affects performance, but why ruin the graphics and make them look like soccer uniforms? :thumbd:

A couple more pics...

http://www.prdirect.ca/pix/2005/8/632598995826718750.jpg

http://www.prdirect.ca/pix/2005/8/632598996075312500.jpg

Actually the red and the black jersey's look ok, but the socks definately have to go. Then again, maybe they look ok because they aren't attached to that gay ensemble like the white one is.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
i'd like to thank all you kooky Canadians for reinstilling my love of Team USA

It's going to look good whooping your arses all over Italy in 06

If Nike is supplying T-USA's uniforms, I expect they will be much the same, except different colors (obviously) with the USA logo.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
futurcorerock said:

I'm not sure which is worse, looking like a Homosexual or being american and losing to a team that looks like that. It would be like getting knocked out by a boxer with pink shorts

tell me how it feels in Feb.06 America

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
It kinda makes Gagne look all roly-poly around the waist with the jersey overtop the pants like that.

I actually kinda like the socks, but i'm just not a fan of the tight sweaters.

On the other hand, maybe sportchek and the like will have big sales on the old versions of the sweaters as the new ones come in.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
futurcorerock said:

Dream on buddy, it'll take a lot more than crappy jerseys for Team USA to beat Team Canada.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I was just watching Sportsnet and they interviewed some of the players about the jerseys. Shane Doan had the best comments such as saying Jarome Iginla probably has worn something that tight to the bar, and that it will cut down on equipment costs like sock tape and garters because they wont move anywhere once you squeeze them on. Guys like Regehr looked pretty damn silly wearing those things.

Gagne also said they reminded him of the jerseys you would have to borrow from the rink if you forgot your own because they are always so small. It seems they aren't all that popular, but to no suprise, every player said they would wear it if they got to go to Turin> I would rather a full team boycott just to get rid of the damn things forever.

espo*

futurcorerock said:

You are certainly an optimistic thinker.On paper at least..................The U.S.A is going to get eaten alive by the team we'll send to Italy.If you win it'll be by a goal and your goaltender will undoubtably have been the unquestioned star of the game.The only team capable of delivering any ass whoopings in any game between Canada and the U.S in Torino is Canada.And..................that ass whooping just may get served up.I doubt anyone will be putting their life savings on the U.S in that game in sin city. :)

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
octopi said:
Nevertheless, if these are "inproved performance" jerseys, hopefully all the teams will wear them, just without the unfortunate color placement. Anyone from other countries care to comment?

I remember some article in some Swedish newspaper this last winter about brand new tight and lightweight jerseys being developed by Nike for the Swedish Olympic team. So they're probably the same jerseys as these Canadian jerseys. I haven't seen any pics of those yet and I don't know if the actual design will stay the same or if the Swedish jerseys will have a new look too (colorwise that is), but apparently they'll use these tight Nike jerseys.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Man, talk about crappy looking (so does the jersey and the socks!) haha, just jokin' Gagne fans. ;)

Roughneck said:
I was just watching Sportsnet and they interviewed some of the players about the jerseys. Shane Doan had the best comments such as saying Jarome Iginla probably has worn something that tight to the bar, and that it will cut down on equipment costs like sock tape and garters because they wont move anywhere once you squeeze them on. Guys like Regehr looked pretty damn silly wearing those things.

Gagne also said they reminded him of the jerseys you would have to borrow from the rink if you forgot your own because they are always so small. It seems they aren't all that popular, but to no suprise, every player said they would wear it if they got to go to Turin> I would rather a full team boycott just to get rid of the damn things forever.

According to a Sportsnet article, Bertuzzi couldn't get them to fit over his stomach. And the socks were too small for Pronger.

Oil_slick9416*

Those Jersey's are awful. the tight fitting looks terrible on all the big guys and apparently bertuzzi couldn't fit in his. not to mention how bad the the tight fit looks...lets mention how PLAIN the jersey is. There is nothing covering it. it is simply to plain. the white and black look horrendus, i'm sorry, i just can't get used to these. it needs stripes like the other Canada Jersey are at least some kind of arm band. numbers on the shoulder? ugly

bottom line...

i'm not buying one

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
why does nike have to change the jersey at every olympics?
why cant they just stick with one jersey for more then one olympics?
the one they had at the 96 world cup/98 nagano looked fine with the grey on the bottom of the jersey

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
coppernblue said:
why does nike have to change the jersey at every olympics?
why cant they just stick with one jersey for more then one olympics?
the one they had at the 96 world cup/98 nagano looked fine with the grey on the bottom of the jersey

Because the Olympics are a huge stage for hockey, and companies will have a broad audience to market to. It is a smart idea to introduce new items during the Olympics, as people will be swept up in the event and the patriotism seen during the two weeks. For instance, normally my parents don't watch hockey on TV, but if its the Olympics, they'll watch. There are millions of people in Canada like that. How many people do you know who aren't sports fans, but wear the Roots Canada Olympic gear? As much as people hate Nike, the fact of the matter is that this is what companies need to do to make money, and I don't hate them whatsoever for it.

espo*

Tricolore#20 said:
Because the Olympics are a huge stage for hockey, and companies will have a broad audience to market to. It is a smart idea to introduce new items during the Olympics, as people will be swept up in the event and the patriotism seen during the two weeks. For instance, normally my parents don't watch hockey on TV, but if its the Olympics, they'll watch. There are millions of people in Canada like that. How many people do you know who aren't sports fans, but wear the Roots Canada Olympic gear? As much as people hate Nike, the fact of the matter is that this is what companies need to do to make money, and I don't hate them whatsoever for it.
I don't have a problem with it either too much..........but if they must do it do they have to change them in ways that are so dreadful?. Isn't it sound marketing to introduce NICE uniforms :dunno:

Oil_slick9416*

cyclops said:
I don't have a problem with it either too much..........but if they must do it do they have to change them in ways that are so dreadful?. Isn't it sound marketing to introduce NICE uniforms :dunno:

ecatly, the tight fitting just looks awful in IMO but thats not the worst part for me, the worst part is the PLAINESS of the jerseys they are just so bland and Bleh awful, just awful

Chris

Oct 24, 2004
I actually don't mind the fit of the jersey. But it seems like they're getting ready for Euro-style ads; there's so much real estate just below the crest.

The only other thing that really bugs me about the jersey is how it's just so blank. Throw in a horizontal stripe or something, and it should look great. The arms look good, though. I really like the stripe, and the number placement is a hell of a lot better than the old way.

The socks, on the other hand, are damned awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad