New Canada Olympic Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Not at all keen on those socks. The jerseys, i will hold judgment off for them until i see how they look in action. But those socks :shakehead (i can't find a vomit smilie)

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I don't have a problem with the "tightness" or the new material of the jerseys.

But the design sucks. They should have kept the old striping.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
From what I hear the NHL is making a move to the same style of streamlined jerseys. It will be part of their "it's a new game" marketing scheme.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
wow, that's friggin gross. jersey is too small, the socks look like ass...

I think the current team Canada jersey's are the best in the world, I have no idea why they would change them

As for this technology, I hope the other countries have it too. I don't want to watch a game where we're basically cheating

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
BigE said:
From what I hear the NHL is making a move to the same style of streamlined jerseys. It will be part of their "it's a new game" marketing scheme.

Oh dear god. :cry:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Huge thread on other boards about it. I say the red stripe looks like blood running out of the back of their pants but at least they don't have more unfortunate colors, like yellow, brown or green.

Whoever thought this design up should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Wow...if those are the jerseys the NHL was talking about, I'm really, really scared to see some of those fat guys in the upper deck squeezing into a replica sweater.

Can we even call them sweaters anymore? What are they now, underarmor?

Zhackpot

Feb 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
NJD Jester said:
Wow...if those are the jerseys the NHL was talking about, I'm really, really scared to see some of those fat guys in the upper deck squeezing into a replica sweater.

QUOTE]

That's just damn funny.

Are these the same guys that wear a Leafs jersey to a Flames/Bruins game?

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Honus Joglund said:
Here's a bigger picture of Gagne skating.

http://www.prdirect.ca/pix/2005/8/632598995826718750.jpg

God, even numbers on the shoulders? :rant:

Im not too thrilled with the jersey, the design is a bit odd, but im worried that all the NHL jerseys are just gonna look daft if in that style. Before the lockout, i told myself that if Kovalev re-signed with the Habs then i'd buy a Kovalev authentic red Habs jersey. Throught the lockout i waited and waited to find out what he would do. And eventually the good news came through that he was signed. And i told myself i would definately buy that jersey. But if its anything like that then i might not. Wait and see on that one.

As for the socks, looking at the pic in the link above, it looks like he put his shin pads on over his socks.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
It should also be noted for the people that didn't see the jerseys is 'action' on TV that there is another plain red line up the back of the socks.

Pretty much the same size as the one on the front but it's plain red, no design.

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
AGraveOne said:
Looks European...no offense.
I'm actually ok with the "Euro" look. I'll also give Nike credit for doing something new - I remember being excited about the unveiling of the new Coyotes uni, and Phoenix couldn't have come up with a duller replacement if they tried.

Not too keen on the socks, though.

Have any players commented on the functionality of the new get-up?

And is TSN right? Is this the Cooperalls of the new millenium?

NYC Aim 4588

the jersey is not so bad, but what the hell is up with them socks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->