New arrangement of captains.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Nick Schultz might be the most underrated player on our team by fans, and this is proof of it. I was pretty ecstatic when we got him and I'm ecstatic that he got an A to share. He doesn't bring a lot of offense, but he does the important stuff a defenseman does, and that's play DEFENSE. Dubnyk even gave serious props to him a few days ago when he said that when Nick is on the ice, he (Doobie) feels very relaxed/calm. He doesn't have to worry about Schultz making a stupid play. He's a safe and smart defenseman that you won't know is on the ice... not because he isn't doing anything, but because he isn't doing anything wrong.

I'm a goalie myself, and to my eyes I'd have to completely agree with Dubie (and you). Schultz has a rare ability to control the pace of the game as a Dman without even touching the puck.

His positioning is SO good, that when he is guarding the puck carrier, he can actually force the play to slow down so that out of position team-mates can scramble back into position.

When you stand in a goal crease, analyzing passing angles (from a perfect vantage point), and you see a guy who can do this while being IN the play, it is a thing of beauty. You'd swear he had eyes in the back of his head!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->