ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
w7eVxO4.jpg

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If I understand articles correctly, Barys new are have failed the first inspection and requires more work and yet another inspection afterwards. Shambles :/

loppa*

If I understand articles correctly, Barys new are have failed the first inspection and requires more work and yet another inspection afterwards. Shambles :/

What exactly did they fail on? Are there any details?

On a side note, I was right about the arena not being open until further into the season. :/

loppa*

Dear Russian posters... on the Russian hockey forums is there any talk or hint as to which city might get the next new big KHL arena? (not counting Moscow/ Leningrad of course)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
KHL and Novosibirsk are arguing who's gonna pay for the new arena.

loppa*

KHL and Novosibirsk are arguing who's gonna pay for the new arena.

Putin's oligarch buddies could get together and just fork over some money perhaps? If they can get rich off of making the Sochi arena and others, why not?

Also - in Belarus the federal government forks over money for hockey development a lot. Can the Russian federal government come forth and just fund the construction of an arena or two?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Putin's oligarch buddies could get together and just fork over some money perhaps? If they can get rich off of making the Sochi arena and others, why not?

Also - in Belarus the federal government forks over money for hockey development a lot. Can the Russian federal government come forth and just fund the construction of an arena or two?
lol, after sochi all putin's buddies are financially set for dozen of lives each. don't get your hopes high. and we are under sanctions and in recession. so i don't see any new arenas built in the foreseeable future.

loppa*

lol, after sochi all putin's buddies are financially set for dozen of lives each. don't get your hopes high. and we are under sanctions and in recession. so i don't see any new arenas built in the foreseeable future.

But there is this big building of soccer arenas as of late, no? If there is so much money for that, can't they find some more money for hockey arenas?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
But there is this big building of soccer arenas as of late, no? If there is so much money for that, can't they find some more money for hockey arenas?
the world cup is for external usage to stroke putin's ego. a completely different case. moreover, they'll spend on it exuberantly much. lately they've been cutting expenses on it like crazy. no money will be left for hockey, sadly

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Chernyshenko and Kobylyanski will meet soon gubernators of N.Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg to talk about potential new arenas. We have to wait and see if there is any result.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Chernyshenko and Kobylyanski will meet soon gubernators of N.Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg to talk about potential new arenas. We have to wait and see if there is any result.

I know Sibir desperately need a new barn to play in, but the one they're in now has such a great atmosphere on game day, I'll miss it when it's replaced

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Wonderful arena! Hope it's gonna be full tomorrow and will bring glory to Barys. I am also happy that the price for this game is as same as the others on khl.ru for online viewers. I had thought it could be a little more, as this is some kind of a "special" game.

giphy.gif

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Pretty empty in Astana..

The number is almost %75 more than it was against Spartak but yeah, that looks pretty bad for an opening game. I said same thing about Sochi. They play in a 12K arena which they can never fill. Even though there are 5K fans, it looks very empty. This is the case with Barys, too. At first, I was very hyped to see the team play in this new fortress but now I say, maybe it was not a good idea to build such a big place for Barys?

Maybe the fact that the game was played in mid-week also has a role in numbers, but it shouldn't contribute much... It was scheduled for 19:30 and I guess pretty much anyone who wanted could attend the game.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
The attendance is 5362 people. What's funny is that it's a record for Astana.

It will improve. They had little time to sell tickets in advance. No time to sell season tickets to the new arena at all.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
The attendance is 5362 people. What's funny is that it's a record for Astana.

It will improve. They had little time to sell tickets in advance. No time to sell season tickets to the new arena at all.

If this is the record in new arena against SKA, I can't see it going beyond this regularly. :shakehead It's weird. I'd expect Astana to be more interested in ice hockey in general. Yeah, over 5K is not a bad figure for KHL but when you build a 12K-seater arena, expectations naturally get higher.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
If this is the record in new arena against SKA, I can't see it going beyond this regularly. :shakehead It's weird. I'd expect Astana to be more interested in ice hockey in general. Yeah, over 5K is not a bad figure for KHL but when you build a 12K-seater arena, expectations naturally get higher.

Besides what Ult said, Barys have hardly been playing the kind of hockey this year that would create mass hysteria in Astana.

loppa*

Besides what Ult said, Barys have hardly been playing the kind of hockey this year that would create mass hysteria in Astana.

Also, SKA has been sucking badly. So, it's a matter of two losers up against one another.

One more thing, Astana is not a BIG city. Alma-ata/Almaty would have been a better choice for a KHL team as that city has over a million people. It has a metro too. With that in mind, I don't expect to see small Astana sell out their arena often.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly

It's a record because the old arena had under 5k capacity and this is the first official game at the new arena. I would expect them to have had a new record no matter who they played.

As other have mentioned, the numbers are pretty low because the club did not know whether the new arena would be used or not until just a few days before the game which made ticket sales tough, also the recent bad form hasn't helped at all. I would expect them to average around 7-8k a game in the future.

loppa*

Even if they average six thousand next season, that's okay too. A slow/steady increase is fine in my opinion. :)

Here's an interesting question... how is transportation infrastructure in terms of getting to the arena? Is it easy to get there? Do many buses go there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad