New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL Part II

pedalinka

Sep 14, 2013
Stockholm
i think so to, 2-3 years after the arena is done it will be in khl for sure, and in near future, lets say 10 years i think Kazakhstan could have 3-4 teams in khl.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
VTB Ice Palace

56007362eeb47.jpg

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah. Skyboxes are for 1500 seats. And they were mostly empty.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is there any rule regarding this? I love KHL because it's Euro style. If I wanted small rinks where it's almost impossible to follow players and puck, I'd go for NHL. I hope not only KHL but also other European/Eurasian leagues keep their wide rinks as they are.

loppa*

If a mod can combine this post with the previous one I would appreciate it...

Artist's rendition...
lPtRlii.jpg

Who else has winter classic in mind?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ :D no need loppa. its so beautiful, deserves its own post, like a picture frame. Nice job. Thx 4 posting that.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
What is the new arena called? The current Dynamo arena is VTB-arena but isn't the VTB also building this one?

VTB Ice Palace is the one they are using right now.

The new hockey arena is called VTB Arena, the football stadium is named after Lev Yashin. The whole complex is called VTB Arena Park. That includes the residential area and office buildings.

0_c37d0_4f4ca7ee_XXXL.jpg

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
So apparently there are some kind of plans for a new arena in Yekaterinburg in the future

http://www.championat.com/hockey/ne...onsorskie-soglashenija-na-300-mln-rublej.html

I thought they had difficulty making ends meet and were about to go bankrupt. This news is great. :handclap: But... If my Russian is not failing me, it speaks about a "possible" new ice arena for Avtomobilist and prioritizes infrastructural improvements, mainly for kids and recreational skaters for example. It's always nice to see that people care about ice hockey and do something about it, though. Maybe this will help Yekaterinburg soon fight for play-off.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
When will Sibir get new arena ? That old shack is just subpar.

I remember someone else asking this some time ago and the reply was, nothing new. There was talks of plans but no concrete. The arena doesn't look good but it still holds more than 7K people, maybe that's why they are reluctant to spend money on a new one.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
I remember someone else asking this some time ago and the reply was, nothing new. There was talks of plans but no concrete. The arena doesn't look good but it still holds more than 7K people, maybe that's why they are reluctant to spend money on a new one.

Hopefully they will build new one before the 51 year old shack collapses during match.
Losing 2 teams is kinda worse then in 2011.

loppa*

Hopefully they will build new one before the 51 year old shack collapses during match.
Losing 2 teams is kinda worse then in 2011.

The arena was reconstructed in 2002, don't forget that. It's like saying that the Slovan arena was built in 1940 and is too old. :P

f course it is better/nicer to have a new Arena, but, the Arena is not in any threat of collapsing any time soon. The team does sell out every game it seems, so a new arena would indeed be appropriate.

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
Please explain I am confused. Dynamo moscow plays now in a new arena. But people are saying they are building a new arena. I do not understand. Can somebody explain where Dynamo's final home will be? And what about Megasport arena will Spartak be playing there? And also what CSKA, any new arena for them? Thank you.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
the VTB Arena (a unique building that will have a hockey arena and a football stadium ) will be the final home for Dynamo

loppa*

Please explain I am confused. Dynamo moscow plays now in a new arena. But people are saying they are building a new arena. I do not understand. Can somebody explain where Dynamo's final home will be? And what about Megasport arena will Spartak be playing there? And also what CSKA, any new arena for them? Thank you.

Megasport was never the home arena for any team in the past. So I wonder what will happen to that. :P

IF spartak goes there, and IF dynamo goes to the new place, then the current legends arena will be vacant. At any rate, there is bound to be some moving, and maybe even some closing (luzniki perhaps)...

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Barys has now played 7 games in that old arena..?

They will play there till October 14th.

В связи с необходимостью проведения процедуры принятия новой ледовой арены комиссией КХЛ, до 14 октября домашние матчи «Барыса» будут проходить во дворце спорта «Казахстан», сообщает официальный сайт клуба.
http://www.sports.kz/news/baryis-pereedet-na-novuyu-arenu-v-kontse-oktyabrya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad