New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL Part II

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
To put it on topic: Imagine an outdoor KHL/VHL game there!

That would be great :slaugh: Though VHL outdoor game is called "Russian classic" so I doubt they are going to organize it in Kazakhstan.
But KHL could do it and it would be good promotion for creating a KHL team in my city.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
found more photos of barys new arena it seems to be still seems to be a bit incomplete with the declorations http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-228079-novaja-arena-barysa-fotoreportazh.html

The arena is a part of a sport center that will include the olympic swimming pool (you can see it on the picture).
It is not ready yet so the corridor connecting buildings and the rear side of the arena are closed right now.

1439190212_b_.jpg

Eventialy it will also include football stadium, cycle track and wrestling arena

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Arena in Almaty is coming along, but I doubt we will see a team from there in the near future.

1437039664cxwdb.jpg

1437039754rg8u0.jpg

1437039681q6igc.jpg

1437039709k01ue.jpg

1437039731vmc1s.jpg

ult

Sep 21, 2009
There was a structural deformation of one of the loadbearing structures. At least the rumors said so. They don't want to talk about it officially. The other thing is that there is a mini skyscraper being constructed right next to it. Like ridiculously close.

QA9v0POSgmc.jpg

27zgq1m.jpg

What they are doing inside besides that remains to be seen.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
what about CSKA moscow? are they getting a new stadium seems like a shame that their rivals spartak and dynamo get new ones but the most succesful team of them all still plays in a buildng the 1967 toronto maple leafs would laugh at

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
what about CSKA moscow? are they getting a new stadium seems like a shame that their rivals spartak and dynamo get new ones but the most succesful team of them all still plays in a buildng the 1967 toronto maple leafs would laugh at
What do you mean by "most successful team of them all"?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
in the soviet era weren they the best?
Yeah, OK, but the last time they won the championship was in the 1988-89 season, and Dynamo has won 9 times since. So I'm not sure why you'd be so surprised they're not the ones getting a new arena and Dynamo is. It also doesn't look like their games are being sold out, either, as they're only averaging 4350 people per game (with the capacity being 5600 seats).

loppa*

There were plans to build some big thing, but, the financial situation in the country is not so great. Also, I posted a similar question, but had some more details myself... basically, they have land for a new arena, somewhere in Moscow. And some crummy article claims that they have plans to make something. So, wait and see, and oh yeah, be very patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Barys will play first 6 games in the old arena. New one will be busy with some Kazakh anniversary concert.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Barys will play first 6 games in the old arena. New one will be busy with some Kazakh anniversary concert.

The anniversary thing got moved to Barys Arena from the football stadium as FC Astana will be competing the Champions League playoffs.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
what about sibir's new arena any progress? i remebr reading about it a year ago:scool: but havent heard anything

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Arena Omsk got an upgrade. New scoreboard, improved lighting and better ice paint.

2._IMG_7199.jpg

SuFCK4vY-Lo.jpg

kub_1.jpg

Last edited:

loppa*

Is there any chance that they might move Barys from Astana to Almaty? Just a thought.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is there any chance that they might move Barys from Astana to Almaty? Just a thought.

Almaty surely deserves a spot in KHL provided that they have a competitive team but relocating Barys to Almaty? I think this would be disastrous and very ill-mannered thing to do against Astana people. As far as I know, the team is doing quite well in capital, it's not like they play against 1,000 people.

Economically, adding a team from central European or Scandinavia is surely what KHL wants but I think that Kazakhstan should have a second team and that can be Almaty. It's a great city with culture not only in hockey but in almost everything. It was an important place in Soviet era. They are building a great ice palace. Why not let them have a team in a league where the likes of Vityaz and Yugra can play?

Would be definitely awesome to see Astana playing against Almaty. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad