Sep 21, 2009
Same stats for the Far East.

VoCfdAo.png

m1x9gF0.png

Для Амура, Адмирала и еще тридцать один

Reactions: ozo

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Not for the faint of heart. They want to demolish Omsk Arena in about a month. Because the new one is supposed to be built by 2022, just like Novosibirsk.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Novosibirsk Arena has a webcam now. Follow the link - Электронный город. Облачное видеонаблюдение , click "ДЕМО", change the page by clicking a small circle and look for "Строительство нового ЛДС".

4kJ8Sh8.png

Thanks for that, I as the creepy dude who watches webcams from Novisibirsk now have a much better alternative to avtoline-nsk.ru :sarcasm:

Krylov said the same about Arena Omsk. He said they'd share a link to follow the progress via webcam. Looking forward to it. I will never understand how such a young arena is built so badly that it requires demolition in less than 10 years but anyways, at this point, I'm glad they are actually working on a solution. I still have this "What if they stop funding the project and Avangard goes back to Omsk?" question in the back of my head but I guess Gazprom has enough monies to deal with it regardless of what happens in the country or the company.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Thanks for that, I as the creepy dude who watches webcams from Novisibirsk now have a much better alternative to avtoline-nsk.ru :sarcasm:

Krylov said the same about Arena Omsk. He said they'd share a link to follow the progress via webcam. Looking forward to it. I will never understand how such a young arena is built so badly that it requires demolition in less than 10 years but anyways, at this point, I'm glad they are actually working on a solution. I still have this "What if they stop funding the project and Avangard goes back to Omsk?" question in the back of my head but I guess Gazprom has enough monies to deal with it regardless of what happens in the country or the company.

One of them webcam links was some women in the office? So random!

Well @hansomreiste there was rumours/jokes that Avangard were funded with Abramovich mafia money o_O, never know!

Gazprom has plenty of money too I wouldn't worry

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Indoor ice rinks in Tatarstan (Kazan) vs Bashkortostan (Ufa).

tGG4tu7.png

PdDw3Eh.png

Зелёное дерби. 46:15 в пользу Татарстана

Pretty good progress from 8 rinks in 2002 to around 60 rinks in 2019. Hopefully it will bring some results too. Too bad the best ones will leave for North America before they even turn 17. Kazan has been losing many talented kids in recent years in that age, and they have not amounted into anything meaningful. A kid like Svechnikov would have developed better in the KHL than he did in USA juniors.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Volga Regions. From 22 to 186 in the last 20 years. NN is very close to Kazan.

fetch

fetch

22/186 Как вам такое Артемий Панарин и Борис Михайлов?

Novosibirsk Region - 16 vs Omsk Region - 9.

fetch

Сибирское дерби. 16:9 в пользу Новосибирска

I'm afraid the increase of number of rinks is not going to help Russian hockey too much unless they can stop the flow of 15-18 year old leaving the country. The ones leaving are always the best ones in their age groups. The ones that leave generally regress and won't reach their potential.

But more rinks is always good though, at least for quantity if not for quality. Quality is the one that suffers because those players who had the potential to become world-class players leave and regress, and those that stay never had that potential to begin with.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I'm afraid the increase of number of rinks is not going to help Russian hockey too much unless they can stop the flow of 15-18 year old leaving the country. The ones leaving are always the best ones in their age groups. The ones that leave generally regress and won't reach their potential.

But more rinks is always good though, at least for quantity if not for quality. Quality is the one that suffers because those players who had the potential to become world-class players leave and regress, and those that stay never had that potential to begin with.
IMO your second paragraph contradicts your first one. Quantity will lead to quality eventually. NA is no bottomless pit which will simply absorb more and more Russian kids down the line, thus if Russian hockey gets even close to Canadian in sheer numbers, the all around quality will improve by leaps and bounds.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
IMO your second paragraph contradicts your first one. Quantity will lead to quality eventually. NA is no bottomless pit which will simply absorb more and more Russian kids down the line, thus if Russian hockey gets even close to Canadian in sheer numbers, the all around quality will improve by leaps and bounds.

What I meant is that Russia probably will produce more players like Nikita Gusev and Artemi Panarin due to increased number of rinks. Players who were not considered superstar potential when they played junior hockey but who later developed into very good or even great players.

But those players who show superstar potential very young - players with talent like Makarov, Fetisov, Fedorov and Bure - will continue to leave to North America at 15-17 and thus they will never reach that level that they had potential for.

North America, the "bottomless pit" as you described it, will swallow all of them and turn them into busts or mediocre players at best. And I'm not blaming North America for ruining Russia's best prospects. This is all due to Russia's own weakness (inability to keep its best youth before they even turn 18) and the idiocy of these players and their agents and parents. It seems that no matter how many promising Russian prospects are turned into busts in North America they just will not learn.

This is why Russia will continue to lack these world-class level players for the foreseeable future and any hope for winning a best-against-best international tournament will be very dim.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty good progress from 8 rinks in 2002 to around 60 rinks in 2019. Hopefully it will bring some results too. Too bad the best ones will leave for North America before they even turn 17. Kazan has been losing many talented kids in recent years in that age, and they have not amounted into anything meaningful. A kid like Svechnikov would have developed better in the KHL than he did in USA juniors.
I assume the post where you said Kakko will turn into a superstar and Svechnikov will be a 2nd line forward was deleted but 5 games in, Kakko hasn't shown anything that would prove he is better than Svech was a year ago and Svechnikov himself has 7 points.
Make it 8.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
And I thought I was too hyped for thinking this will be great for the city of Yekaterinburg... People in the comments are complaining about "low" capacity. I can't speak for other events but I think no city in Russia maybe except for St. Petersburg needs a 15K+ arena, not at all. This new building looks awesome and it will be more than enough for hockey.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
At the end of the day it's better to have a new mid-sized arena rather than no arena at all. Unfortunately attendance in Russian sports still depends on team's results far too much I'd say. So it can be half-empty in one season, and then always sold out when there is a 10 game winning streak. I've accepted a long time ago that for the most part 12000 seats will become a new norm.

Reactions: Exarz

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
The general manager of Spartak, Alexei Zhamnov, said the clubs considering building a new area. No details yet, but what do you think of a new hockey venue in Moscow?

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
Glad to hear they are looking at it. But im not expecting an announcement very soon. Still some questions like where and costs and so on. For the time being I don't mind sharing arena with CSKA as the arena itself is pretty good. Zhamnov seemed to not be very certain that arena in Sokolniki would work.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine

What is the capacity for the Samara arena? I was always surprised they were never in the running for a KHL considering they are one of the top 10 biggest cities in the country. Tolyatti is nearby but Samara is much bigger, even bigger than Sochi and many other KHL cities.

Reactions: EvilDead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->