Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I hope the team stays in Arizona.
That's all that ultimately matters to this fan, them being here. Sure a sexy new centrally located arena would be cool but it's a nice to have, not a must. I just want them to stay in the valley, that's it. If they announced a 20 year deal with Glendale tomorrow I'd be as ecstatic about it as anyone!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That's all that ultimately matters to this fan, them being here. Sure a sexy new centrally located arena would be cool but it's a nice to have, not a must. I just want them to stay in the valley, that's it. If they announced a 20 year deal with Glendale tomorrow I'd be as ecstatic about it as anyone!

They could build the new barn in Ahwatukee or Apache Junction and I'd be happy if it meant the Coyotes were gonna stay long-term without annual ownership issues.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
No, I don't think he is. Can't mention names, but my daughter met a Coyote FO member at the ASU game last week and he said basically the same thing. The arena deal is getting closer.
Hi...been traveling for work the last week or so, this takes a backseat haha

I haven't spoken to my guy recently due to the work schedule, but I will let you know what he says when I do.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Frankly I just want a rich owner who hates losing...Arizona or wherever. I live in NY now (daughter still lives in AZ so I visit) so I can follow them as I have both Center Ice and Nhl tv no matter what. Though I know it sucks for people in AZ and would hate to lose the Coyote name. Just tired of losing...that wont change without a influx of legitimate money.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Think what a rich owner could do...

A stable ownership group with money and the lure of living in Phoenix would be an attractive market for UFA's.

Sign UFA's Mark Stone + Michael Ferland (Anders Lee) + Tyler Myers

Galchenyuk - Schmaltz - Stone
Ferland - Dvorak - Keller
Crouse - Stepan - Garland/Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza

OEL - Myers
Chychrun - Demers / Lybushkin
Capobianco - Hjalmarsson

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Think what a rich owner could do...

A stable ownership group with money and the lure of living in Phoenix would be an attractive market for UFA's.

Sign UFA's Mark Stone + Michael Ferland (Anders Lee) + Tyler Myers

Galchenyuk - Schmaltz - Stone
Ferland - Dvorak - Keller
Crouse - Stepan - Garland/Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza

OEL - Myers
Chychrun - Demers / Lybushkin
Capobianco - Hjalmarsson
I'm not sure even a rich owner could sign those and stay under the Cap?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Update:
The progress will really kick in once Barroway is officially no longer a part of the organization.

At the moment, the land analysis and Native American cultural education class (mandatory request by them) has been completed.

No setbacks, but not a ton of progress yet (again, until the get AB removed completely).

Thanks for the update!

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Update:
The progress will really kick in once Barroway is officially no longer a part of the organization.

At the moment, the land analysis and Native American cultural education class (mandatory request by them) has been completed.

No setbacks, but not a ton of progress yet (again, until the get AB removed completely).

Barrointheway? :snide:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Update:

Wouldn't that be kind of a hard thing to pull off without these mystery folks actually buying the team?

That's the only progress I'm interested in right now.

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
Wouldn't that be kind of a hard thing to pull off without these mystery folks actually buying the team?

That's the only progress I'm interested in right now.
What I’m told, is the league is not happy with Barroway...so there is a deal trying to be constructed to remove him.

Details and specifics...I’m not fully ingulfed in. Just the overall plan trying to be implemented.

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
What I’m told, is the league is not happy with Barroway...so there is a deal trying to be constructed to remove him.

Details and specifics...I’m not fully ingulfed in. Just the overall plan trying to be implemented.

I suppose the league doesnt like the fact that Andy cannot sustain the current financial situation?
I don't think its because he likes to give away too many hockey sticks to elementary schools...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Considering what Pagnotta reported this isn’t a surprise.

It’s going to end up being that everything falls into place or nothing will happen at all.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I suppose the league doesnt like the fact that Andy cannot sustain the current financial situation?
I don't think its because he likes to give away too many hockey sticks to elementary schools...

Yeah.... since Barroway was nice enough to drop his lawsuit against Charles Wang and get the PR disaster known as Anthony LeBlanc out of the picture for them, I’m not sure why the league would be unhappy.

Reactions: Jakey53

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Yeah.... since Barroway was nice enough to drop his lawsuit against Charles Wang and get the PR disaster known as Anthony LeBlanc out of the picture for them, I’m not sure why the league would be unhappy.

No, theres certainly more to it. Think more on a personal level rather than just an average NHL team owner. Guy is a bozo for many reasons.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
No, theres certainly more to it. Think more on a personal level rather than just an average NHL team owner. Guy is a bozo for many reasons.

Is there anything more than hearsay to back this up? I mean, "bozo" is a harsh term, and considering that the guys he saved us from by buying them out were legitimate clowns and losers, I'd need details before I lumped Barroway into their category.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Is there anything more than hearsay to back this up? I mean, "bozo" is a harsh term, and considering that the guys he saved us from by buying them out were legitimate clowns and losers, I'd need details before I lumped Barroway into their category.

Not my place to say. I’m sorry i know that doesn’t help at all.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I find myself not caring earlier in the season every year. If the move to the East Valley gets the owner/owners the subsidy they are looking for to hire good people to run the organization and add payroll to improve the talent, I'm all for it. I won't be able to go to the games but at least they'll be more enjoyable to watch on TV. I'm definitely not paying money to watch a product I barely want to make an effort to watch on TV now. Thanks for ruining my favorite entertainment again Yotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad