Speculation: New Arena/Management Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
It would be interesting if Doan is part of the next ownership group.

Cannot wait for his little chat with Chayka in a coffee house early one morning.............

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
There was an interesting article in the Athletic about the Talking Stick reno. A paragraph or two talked about the Coyotes and how the reno wasn't going to make the arena suitable for hockey; adding, exterior walls and the foot print would have to be changed to accommodate hockey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely but he will get rid of him all the same ha.
Like I said Doan is too classy for that, and I don't think he would be the one doing such a deed, if indeed they think Chayka is garbage. Chayka has done a lot of good for this franchise, and he also has done some bad, just like every GM out their. There are two things Chayka does not have and that is experience and a good budget.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Like I said Doan is too classy for that, and I don't think he would be the one doing such a deed, if indeed they think Chayka is garbage. Chayka has done a lot of good for this franchise, and he also has done some bad, just like every GM out their. There are two things Chayka does not have and that is experience and a good budget.
Agreed, I don't see Doan firing Chayka out of spite, he is better than that. Besides, Barroway should have done it and I am pretty sure it was Barroways idea. In any event, new ownership will bring in their own GM who will bring in their own coach.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agreed, I don't see Doan firing Chayka out of spite, he is better than that. Besides, Barroway should have done it and I am pretty sure it was Barroways idea. In any event, new ownership will bring in their own GM who will bring in their own coach.
That is usually what happens, but Chayka might survive, if he accepts a lesser role, which he probably won't.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That is usually what happens, but Chayka might survive, if he accepts a lesser role, which he probably won't.
Actually, I could see him accepting an assistant GM role or still be GM but without the power, meaning somebody above him makes the key decisions.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan as part owner?! come the F on guys..

Hey, maybe he was really good at investing...or maybe those Air Conditioning and Credit Union endorsements were more lucrative than we think....nahhh, probably not.

Edit: ok I had to google it - estimates of his net worth seem to be around $40M.
Doan would be a minority owner and would require little capital on his part. It's the intangibles he would bring to the organization.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Every day I can better understand why it is so difficult to find anyone who really wants to own this team
It's nothing to do with the team and all to do with the ownership. IF this team had what Vegas has as an owner this franchise would rock.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Where’s that one guy who had info and then disappeared. What a troll job!
No, I don't think he is. Can't mention names, but my daughter met a Coyote FO member at the ASU game last week and he said basically the same thing. The arena deal is getting closer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Doan would be a minority owner and would require little capital on his part. It's the intangibles he would bring to the organization.

If the low/no-money IceArizona partners could be investors in an ownership group, Doan certainly could. He spends more on feed for his horses in a given month than some of the IA partners spent every year as "owners."

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Latest from Pagnotta (The Fourth Period)

These rollercoaster ownership negotiations involving the Arizona Coyotes are back in familiar territory.

Just when it appeared Coyotes owner Andrew Barroway was inching closer to selling the franchise and talks had, as I was told at the time, sped up, it seems they’ve hit a wall, once again.

A sale involving the Coyotes is not considered imminent, as of today, and while the wheels are definitely in motion, progress has slowed.

One bright side in all of this: I can confirm there are at least two separate groups/parties with legitimate interest in purchasing the Coyotes and keeping them in Arizona (providing they can secure a new building after the fact).

It’s clear Barroway will be out as majority owner of the club when all is said and done, but it’s unclear as to when a sale will actually happen.

There are concerns over how much debt Barroway and the Coyotes have taken on – a figure now around $300 million – and how much of that/the returns will/won’t be paid back to its lenders.

By all accounts, what I was told in early-December may be most accurate and that is the “hope” around the NHL is a deal gets done by the end of the regular-season.

Senators have busy eight weeks ahead — The Fourth Period

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wonder what this team pays in debt service? I bet if we had an owner that could actually afford the team without financing the whole damn thing they'd be able to run it without a subsidy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder what this team pays in debt service? I bet if we had an owner that could actually afford the team without financing the whole damn thing they'd be able to run it without a subsidy.

Yes, the league could simply collectively pay off the debts in the effort to make the team solvent.

There's no reason to do that when Houston or wherever is willing to do that for you.

Reactions: _Del_

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He’s back peddling. Not good.

Not really..... he stated earlier that what was expected to be a January sale is looking more like the end of the season. Doesn't really come off that here.

Biggest news is there are two groups, not just one, looking to buy in even with the contingencies involved.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yes, the league could simply collectively pay off the debts in the effort to make the team solvent.

There's no reason to do that when Houston or wherever is willing to do that for you.

I don't think it will be Houston. Fertitta has gone all in with the U of Houston Cougars. I see no reason to believe it's just a negotiation ploy; I think he's out for a period of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad